Superman Returns No Symbol on the Cape?

Chris M

Civilian
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been discussed. But I notice on the new trailer the Superman doesn't seem to have the classic yellow 'S' symbol on the back of his cape (like the animated series or Kingdom Come).

Is this true? And if so, why do we keep moving away from this? Am I the only one who really likes the yellow S?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris M said:
Sorry if this has already been discussed. But I notice on the new trailer the Superman doesn't seem to have the classic yellow 'S' symbol on the back of his cape (like the animated series or Kingdom Come).

Is this true? And if so, why do we keep moving away from this? Am I the only one who really likes the yellow S?

Thanks,

Chris

I also like it, but unfortunately it won't be in the movie.

at least we have 4 \S/'s on the bottom of the boots and one in the back of the boot plus like a 1,000 \S/'s in the Shield

^ Don't forget about the \S/ on that snazzy belt that draws attention to his package. That was a stroke of genius.

I would have liked to have seen one on the cape...but whatever.

No big deal I guess.

Look, I LOVE the trailer and I think it's going to be great - but after seeing the costume in action, the shade of red still hasn't grown on me. Don't get me wrong, I think Routh looks great - but I still feel like something's missing. He doesn't quite look like Superman to me without the colour. Or at least "my" Superman.

Or did I just open a Pandora's box again?

Chris M, it's all a Pandora's Box right around now. Some people love the trailer, some people are disappointed. Some people have embraced the costume, some hate it entirely. People are in favor of and against Routh. I wouldn't worry about any of it one way or the other.

But yeah, they decided against the symbol being on the cape. I don't really know why. I assume it's merely a stylistic choice.

Chris M said:
No big deal I guess.

Look, I LOVE the trailer and I think it's going to be great - but after seeing the costume in action, the shade of red still hasn't grown on me. Don't get me wrong, I think Routh looks great - but I still feel like something's missing. He doesn't quite look like Superman to me without the colour. Or at least "my" Superman.

Or did I just open a Pandora's box again?
but it is very bright. you have to agree with that.

Mister J said:
Chris M, it's all a Pandora's Box right around now. Some people love the trailer, some people are disappointed. Some people have embraced the costume, some hate it entirely. People are in favor of and against Routh. I wouldn't worry about any of it one way or the other.

But yeah, they decided against the symbol being on the cape. I don't really know why. I assume it's merely a stylistic choice.

I think it's more a matter of money. It takes a lot more money to stick that symbol on a computer-generated cape than it did in the old movies when they did everything with real-life.

Even the animated series got rid of the cape's symbol because it was just too hard to show it in motion. And, that was the cartoon.

I think that's probably why. Personally, I don't really care one way or the other. It's not like someone will see him from behind and NOT know who he is. :)

I miss the \s/ too, but it's not that big of a deal.

I think it was removed because of CGI difficulties :down

i think the cape of digitally added on and it would be difficult to prject a cape with the symbol on it :up:

Mister J said:

Aparantly it was too much of a hassle for the effects guys to get looking right. Singer and the other crew didnt really want it on anyway so they removed it.

Mentok said:
Aparantly it was too much of a hassle for the effects guys to get looking right. Singer and the other crew didnt really want it on anyway so they removed it.

Very nice. I remember this, you're like a well of information.

Showtime029 said:
Very nice. I remember this, you're like a well of information.

A%20Water%20Well%20in%20the%20Courtyard%20of%20a%20House.jpg

:up:

Bad Superman said:
Pale brown???:confused:

The inside of the cape is a mugh brighter red than the rest of the suit.

normal_premiere-sup-globe%7E0.jpg

Mentok said:
The inside of teh cape is a mugh brighter red than the rest of the suit.

:eek: I wonder why those colors look so different than the ones on the trailer. I like those on that pic. :(

I was actually aggrevated at first that there was no \S/ logo on the cape, but now it doesn't bother me in the least.

Mentok said:
The inside of the cape is a mugh brighter red than the rest of the suit.

Like I said in the pictures thread. What we see in the official pics and what we see in action are 2 different things. One can only hope that the red's look like this on the big screen, and not so bland like they do in the trailer. It really does affect the whole mood of whichever scene Supes is in.

TitoMamery.jpg

Fine work of Tito Mamery over at BlueTights fan art section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"