Nobody wants to eat a Sea Kitten

Noon

cephalopoda
Reaction score
PETA is campaigning to re-brand fish as 'Sea Kittens'

wtf is this real?

Save the Sea Kittens

People don't seem to like fish. They're slithery and slimy, and they have eyes on either side of their pointy little heads—which is weird, to say the least. Plus, the small ones nibble at your feet when you're swimming, and the big ones—well, the big ones will bite your face off if Jaws is anything to go by.
Of course, if you look at it another way, what all this really means is that fish need to fire their PR guy—stat. Whoever was in charge of creating a positive image for fish needs to go right back to working on the Britney Spears account and leave our scaly little friends alone. You've done enough damage, buddy. We've got it from here. And we're going to start by retiring the old name for good. When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover. And who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?

I wouldn't put it past Peta. They've done some pretty awesomely stupid things in the past.

I wouldn't put it past Peta. They've done some pretty awesomely stupid things in the past.
Yea, but they often involve nudity. I find that to be a point in their favor. They have also just made fishing 120% more enjoyable.

Makes me think of pet stores putting "Bunnies" on the sign instead of "Rabbits".

Nobody wants a rabbit, but who could turn down a bunny? :(

This is going to make Jessica Simpson's head explode

Just when she finally gets her mind wrapped around the concept of Chicken of the Sea being tuna...Peta (2??) introduces Kittens of the Sea!

This isn't hard to believe when you take into account that they were urging Ben and Jerry to make their ice cream with human breast milk only a few months ago.

I've always wondered...

How does PETA react whenever they see another animal kill another animal?

I've always wondered...

I'm going to bet that they offer themselves up to the murderous animal in exchange for their victims life.

This isn't hard to believe when you take into account that they were urging Ben and Jerry to make their ice cream with human breast milk only a few months ago.
It would make dairy farming a more interesting job.

I've always wondered...

How'd you get an avatar of your XBL guy? I was wanting to put mine on myspace. Camera + TV = Don't Mix.

Apparently, Peta failed to take into account the fact that cats happen to be even more delicious than fish.

How'd you get an avatar of your XBL guy? I was wanting to put mine on myspace. Camera + TV = Don't Mix.

avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/(gamertag)/avatar-body.png
avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/(gamertag)/avatarpic-l.png
avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/(gamertag)/avatarpic-s.png

Apparently, Peta failed to take into account the fact that cats happen to be even more delicious than fish.

That would make me :lmao: even without Chuck and his lightsaber :lmao:

Exactly. I'm CONSTANTLY hearing people talking about how badly they want to eat some...err...cats. ;)

Even if Fish were called Shít fins i would still eat them

PETA is a bunch of self righteous hypocrites. Peta kills lots of animals, but it okay for them because they use "humane euthanasia" They are also a bunch of exteremists who try and force their beliefs on everyone.

PETA is a bunch of self righteous hypocrites. Peta kills lots of animals, but it okay for them because they use "humane euthanasia" They are also a bunch of exteremists who try and force their beliefs on everyone.
The world is full of extremists, and I think PETA more amusing than harmful. They're kinda goofy.

Not only that, but they also actively fund radical left-wing terrorist groups with the donations they receive. Ever hear of the Animal Liberation Front? They bomb animal testing labs, and Peta pays for the chemicals they make bombs with. Peta is irredeemably corrupt, and personally I think the government is way over due for holding them accountable.

PETA is the most annoying thing ever and I say this as a vegetarian myself. I just hate them, they are so hypocritical and they value animal life far more than a human...if they were told to give food to a starving orphan or a random animal in the jungle they would chose the animal. They tell people how to guide their lives without acknowledging that people come from different cultures and you can't tell people to change their food culture just like that and especially not so brash!
Not to mention they kill a lot of the animals they receive annually, talk about irony :o

Extremist crap like this bring to mind images of angry mobs and whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"