The Dark Knight Nolan on Dark Knight Secrecy

Well Retro I doubt this means he will stop the trailers and stuff because that is primarily the studios decision isn't it?

RedIsNotBlue said:
Well Retro I doubt this means he will stop the trailers and stuff because that is primarily the studios decision isn't it?
Thats true.

I just hope they don't giveaway too much of the Joker in the trailers and press lead-up. Definetly don't want him on the posters. Just show the cards, or a figure in shadow etc. Build the suspense.

When the Joker first appears on screen it should be like wtf? :wow: oh shiiiiit this guy ain't cool

He should have a similar entrance to the original Batman movie. Standing in the shadows and then he steps forward into the light. But we should stuff like victims on the floor with smiles frozen on their faces and all we see is feet and possibly a cane throughout to build up his appearance.

I can't blame him for the level of secrecy, because I would want to do the same thing.

Nepenthes said:
I just hope they don't giveaway too much of the Joker in the trailers and press lead-up. Definetly don't want him on the posters. Just show the cards, or a figure in shadow etc. Build the suspense.

When the Joker first appears on screen it should be like wtf? :wow: oh shiiiiit this guy ain't cool

So, something like how Sony have handled Venom (or did before the leaked trailer)?

^ I think so. Although apart from the black suit they havn't really alluded to *Venom* at all (before the leaked trailer) and we're still not to the final promo stage. Pulling it of for the Joker will be waaaay more difficult.

Other people have described how the Joker should first appear in the movie, a sudden suprsie, that's *him*. He should turn your blood cold and that won't happen if he''s all over the trailers and posters. Venom's more like a 'wow, cool SFX/plot twist' shock.

Nepenthes said:
^ I think so. Although apart from the black suit they havn't really alluded to *Venom* at all (before the leaked trailer) and we're still not to the final promo stage. Pulling it of for the Joker will be waaaay more difficult.

Other people have described how the Joker should first appear in the movie, a sudden suprsie, that's *him*. He should turn your blood cold and that won't happen if he''s all over the trailers and posters. Venom's more like a 'wow, cool SFX/plot twist' shock.

Exactly. I actually thought it was a smart idea to leave Venom as a huge surprise for the general public - the fanboys/girls know he's there but even they, ideally, weren't supposed to know what he looked like. While the leaked trailer was great, I still feel the surprise factor was a smart move.

As for the Joker - as you say, that's a toughie. I mean, everyone who saw BB knows he's there, so in that respect, there's no need to be over the top with his exposure. However, they should allude to him regardless. Plenty of ways to do that without actually showing him.

It will inevitably drive us all crazy, but I think the end result - assuming the Joker is done correctly - will be worth it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"