The Dark Knight Nolan on Dark Knight Secrecy

I completely agree with Chris Nolan on everything he said.

If I EVER become the successful writer/director I want to be, then I'll give the fans the occasional bit of info, here and there, but I would not constantly od it.

Nolan has done an excellent job so far, especially with secrecy of the BB2 title and The Joker's actor. I think he blew most of us out of the water with Ledger's casting...but I am soooooo glad he did.

The hard part about filmmaking to me is exactly that: secrecy. Not only are the studios riding your @$$ on everything....but you want to tell people about everything possible, but you know you can't/shouldn't.

Nevertheless, I'll be shocked as hell if we get something like TDK's teaser trailer any earlier than July next year...



CAH
 
I agree with Nolan. I really hope this time around though, marketing this film needs to be up. Batman Begins had a lot of word of mouth, but with The Joker being in this a teaser trailer needs to be released. Hopefully this Summer with Spider-Man 3, a teaser traler will be released with Ledger in Joker make-up!
 
Tojo said:
Well, if Nolan get's his way this forum is gonna be hell for next 1.5 yrs :D
Indeed. People are already tearing out their hair about the news drought we're in now.:o

When they shoot on location it will be near impossible for them to stop some amount of spoilers getting out though.:ninja:
 
Bah screw all that, just give us some info:cmad:
 
Nolan is such an old shool type director it isn't funny. I love it that he isn't fallen in line with some directors today in "spoiling" their films.

I enjoyed Batman Begins moreso because I stayed "spoiler free" and I will do the same when the spoilers pick up around here for TDK.
 
Relations with Batman fanatics have, however, been frayed by the film-makers' refusal to release information about either Batman Begins or The Dark Knight, its upcoming sequel, in advance.



Hey, they're talking about us here on SHH!!:woot:
 
Ceb-Man said:
I agree with Nolan. I really hope this time around though, marketing this film needs to be up. Batman Begins had a lot of word of mouth, but with The Joker being in this a teaser trailer needs to be released. Hopefully this Summer with Spider-Man 3, a teaser traler will be released with Ledger in Joker make-up!

yup. there's a way to tease things by releasing lots of stills and unrelated info that keeps the base buzzing while keeping the surprises in tact.
 
raybia said:
Relations with Batman fanatics have, however, been frayed by the film-makers' refusal to release information about either Batman Begins or The Dark Knight, its upcoming sequel, in advance.



Hey, they're talking about us here on SHH!!:woot:

There's no need for Nolan to worry about us BatFanatics.

If TDK delivers on are expectations, or even, dare I say it, surpass 'Batman Begins', as the quintessential Batman movie, then All "spoilers" that were witheld before the movie comes out will be quickly forgotten. :woot:
 
Props to Nolan for not telling us. Really. We don't deserve it.
 
raybia, I just want to thank you for being online at the same time as me a lot. It feels good to have another intelligent person on the batboards when I'm here during the day.





no homo
 
Ronny Shade said:
raybia, I just want to thank you for being online at the same time as me a lot. It feels good to have another intelligent person on the batboards when I'm here during the day.





no homo

i'm usually online with you, shade. no love, no love. how about a little non-homo cred?
 
Ronny Shade said:
raybia, I just want to thank you for being online at the same time as me a lot. It feels good to have another intelligent person on the batboards when I'm here during the day.

My pleasure, I think it has to do with the fact we joined the hype in the same year! :word:

But I'm sure we aren't the only ones. Maybe I should start a poll, "Batboard posters, are you intelligent or...stupid? :woot:

no homo

Me no homo al so. (Not that there is anything wrong with that. :cwink:
 
Silver Souper said:
i'm usually online with you, shade. no love, no love. how about a little non-homo cred?
You're on less than he is. That's why I gave him the thanks. I do appreciate you though. As long as we don't talk about MI2.
 
Silver Souper said:
i'm usually online with you, shade. no love, no love. how about a little non-homo cred?


Souper, you joined in 2004 too..., the same month as Ronny, but why is your count so low? You really have been out in the Universe haven't you?:huh:
 
raybia said:
Souper, you joined in 2004 too..., the same month as Ronny, but why is your count so low? You really have been out in the Universe haven't you?:huh:

yup, i've been out spreading my silver seed. it takes time when you have entire galaxies to blanket with your gooey goodness.

anyhew, my count is low because i tend to have more to say during the rumor/ pre-production to production phase. during the months that begins was out, and then afterwards until fairly recently, i didn't have much to say, because the movie was absolutely brilliant, and that summed up my opinion :)

i'll be around more frequently from now on...my tanks are empty. *cough*
 
It's true that if the Dark Knight is as good, (or even gasp! better) than BB I will happily bear Nolan's children much less forgive his silence on certain matters but really there's no need to be this sadistic to us loving worshipful fans just because he can. Bad enough I have to wait until 2008 in the first place...do I get no morsels before then?
 
No sex before the marriage of Batman movies.
 
he's totally right . . . kind of how Raimi is about the new Spidey . . . I mean; think of all those movie previews you see that basically show all the good parts . . . it totally kills the experience and mystery of the film . . . and especially w/ Batman being about the detective work, Nolan is RIGHT on the money . . .GOTTAM NOLAN ROCKS!!
 
If Nolan continues this policy i wonder if he'll decide not bring any footage to Comic Con?
 
Retroman said:
If Nolan continues this policy i wonder if he'll decide not bring any footage to Comic Con?

I hope he does. Last time was a bit of a let down, I gather, and even Raimi brings stuff.
 
Miranda Fox said:
I hope he does. Last time was a bit of a let down, I gather, and even Raimi brings stuff.
Yeah he brought the entire cast and footage.They got a great reception too from what i read.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,778
Messages
21,810,202
Members
45,626
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"