Non-Batman film discussion

Saw Angel Heart in 2006 but I barely remember it. Alls I remember is voodoo sex and DeNiro’s “Lou Cipher”.

Saw Angel Heart in 2006 but I barely remember it. Alls I remember is voodoo sex and DeNiro’s “Lou Cipher”.

Yeah, I went into it fairly blind, just watched the trailer. I sure af wasn't it expecting it to get as dark as it did. Definitely was not expecting Denise Huxtable to get down like that lol but hers was probably the best acting in the entire movie. It was a bit hammy and over the top at times, but that's just typical of the 80's. Still a decent little neo-noir, with an interesting enough premise. The twist seems kinda tacked on by today's standards, but probably seemed original when it came out. The tone and parts of the story actually reminded me quite a bit of Lord of Illusions. That sleazy culty voodoo vibe.

Year Of The Dragon's another pretty grim/depressing Rourke one. Not Angel Heart bleak, but not far off.

Year Of The Dragon's another pretty grim/depressing Rourke one. Not Angel Heart bleak, but not far off.

It doesn't look half bad. Definitely has that vibe that makes me nostalgic for the 80's lol. Hard to believe that's Marv from Sin City lol

Yeah, I went into it fairly blind, just watched the trailer. I sure af wasn't it expecting it to get as dark as it did. Definitely was not expecting Denise Huxtable to get down like that lol but hers was probably the best acting in the entire movie. It was a bit hammy and over the top at times, but that's just typical of the 80's. Still a decent little neo-noir, with an interesting enough premise. The twist seems kinda tacked on by today's standards, but probably seemed original when it came out. The tone and parts of the story actually reminded me quite a bit of Lord of Illusions. That sleazy culty voodoo vibe.
You mean momma Zoe? :)

Another good noir-ish horror film is the original Jacob's Ladder from 1990. I haven't seen the 2019 remake, just watched the trailer, and it doesn't look terrific. The original slaps tho, creepy af

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"