Why The First DC Cinematic Batman Movie Villain Should Be Killer Croc

Spider-Cross

Civilian
Reaction score
With the DC Cinematic Universe already started and with the second film confirmed as a Batman/Superman team up and battle, the first Batman stand alone film is expected to be next and set for 2017 or sometime before 2020. With Ben Affleck confirmed to play Batman, the one thing needed to be confirmed other than who would play many of the Dark Knight's supporting characters is who the villain will be in the character's first stand alone film in the DC Cinematic Universe.

So far the villains we have seen so far in the movies in real life are The Joker, The Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Two Face, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, Ra's al Ghul, Scarecrow, and Talia al Ghul. Which means the villain that both Warner Bros. and the person yet to direct the film must choose has to be someone that has not yet been seen in the films and that best choice of a villain who has not appeared in the films is one of Batman's fierce foes:

Killer Croc

Killer Croc is a fictional character, a supervillain who appears in comic books published by DC Comics. He is an enemy of Batman. The character was created by writer Gerry Conway and by artists Gene Colan & Curt Swan. While there was a shadowy cameo in Detective Comics#523 (February 1983),[1] his first full appearance was in Batman #357 (March 1983), which was also the first appearance of Jason Todd.

His abilities are:

Superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, stamina, durability, and senses

Expert Swimmer

Expert Marksman

Hardened scale-like skin

Razor-sharp claws and teeth

Imunity to toxins

Regenerative healing factor

Experienced alligator wrestler

Croc would be the perfect choice for Warner Bros. to use in Ben Affleck's first stand alone Batman film because his character will already be Batman by the time he appears in the Man of Steel sequel along with Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman and other unannounced cast members for the Justice League and going out with villains like Joker, Two Face, Bane, Ras' al Ghul, or any of the dark knight's other rogues who already appeared in the live action films would be too predictable. They gotta start with someone more exciting, more potential, and more new to the films and with what is said about Killer Croc in the comics on being a kingpin of crime and with the traits and abilities he possesses, he is the definately the Batman villain we need to start off in the Dark Knight's first DC Cinematic Stand Alone film and the best actor to play him has to be a strong man with an accent fitting to the character and from some of the popular films in the past who is often more recurring than primary is none other than

Robert Maillet

Robert Maillet is a Canadian actor and retired professional wrestler. He is known for his time in the World Wrestling Federation from 1997 to 1999, where he performed under the ring name Kurrgan and was a member of The Truth Commission and The Oddities. He is also known for his roles in films such as 300 (2007),Sherlock Holmes (2009), and Pacific Rim (2013)

Robert Maillet is the best actor fit for the role of Batman's reptilian/human hybrid foe not because he appeared in Zac Snyder's 300 movie but because he is big, tall, strong, and his voice is deep enough to fit the character's in the movie and since he was a professional wrestler, he as Killer Croc would make an excellent brawler fighting against Ben Affleck's Batman in the film and capable of catching the scent of certain people, he could also pose as a great threat to both Batman and his alter ego Bruce Wayne.

Some of you may think it wouldn't be Croc, but because the film is gonna be in the DC Cinematic Universe, that with Batman teaming up Superman and other members in the Justice League, and for how much sci-fi occured in the Man of Steel film, you really think Snyder and or whoever is going to take charge of directing the Batman films are just gonna keep making the villains be just plain human like in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy?

Certainly not. Because of the specific kinds of heroes that will be present in the DC Cinematic franchise, it's pointless for the films to be completely normalized like Nolan's Batman movies and even if they tried Nolan's ideals again, where's the fun in that?

Even if Croc was born with a form of atavism that imparted him with reptilian traits, he can still work in the film and he does not have to be that bloody violent as he is in the comics and I'm sure that he'll make an excellent foe for Batman in the films. We just need to convince the people in charge to give the villain a chance.

To find out if Warner Bros. and DC Cinematic film producer will confirm Killer Croc as the villain in Batman movie 1, keep your eyes open for any update, rumors, and speculations that come up in the mean time.

Killer Croc could be used in a scene or two but he isn't a very intelligent character. He's one-dimensional. He's predictable and not very marketable. Predictable in the sense that we've seen the Lizard just a year and a half ago, and this would actually be a dumbed down version of that. The general audience won't respond to a giant alligator tormenting Batman unless he's in a very small role. The Brian Azarello more grounded approach to Waylon Jones would be the best direction to go in.

And i disagree with you when you say they need to give the people a brand new villain for the next solo movie. That's just not true. They can give us a proper Riddler, Freeze or Penguin and it would go over much better.

Are you seriously gonna use friggin KURGAN! who can't act his way out of a paper bag to play this role? He's the best actor for the role? WHAT!? OK like i said, if they use him for a scene or two as hired muscle OK. I personally prefer Croc to be African-American but that's fine. But anymore time than that, i would give up as a fan.

I could see a "scaly-skin condition" Croc a la Azarello/Bermejo happening, but the full-on reptilian look? No way. Especially if WB/DC wants to steer clear of comparisons to Marvel, since one of their franchises has already yielded a reptile-man.

On the flip side of that, though, part of me kind of wishes Goyer had had the wit to give one of the Nolan Batvillains a pet crocodile named Waylon. :woot:

Actually, I could see a truly reptilian Killer Croc being worked in if Kirk Langstrom or Emile Dorian or somebody of the like had something to do with it...but how you'd make THAT work without coming off even more like the ASM Lizard, I don't know.

Last edited:
Killer Croc should be used in an Arkham Asylum take over story with Joker, Harley, Killer Croc, and Scarecrow.

Killer Croc as the main villain? Hell no.

Killer Croc could be used in a scene or two but he isn't a very intelligent character. He's one-dimensional. He's predictable and not very marketable. Predictable in the sense that we've seen the Lizard just a year and a half ago, and this would actually be a dumbed down version of that. The general audience won't respond to a giant alligator tormenting Batman unless he's in a very small role. The Brian Azarello more grounded approach to Waylon Jones would be the best direction to go in.

And i disagree with you when you say they need to give the people a brand new villain for the next solo movie. That's just not true. They can give us a proper Riddler, Freeze or Penguin and it would go over much better.

Are you seriously gonna use friggin KURGAN! who can't act his way out of a paper bag to play this role? He's the best actor for the role? WHAT!? OK like i said, if they use him for a scene or two as hired muscle OK. I personally prefer Croc to be African-American but that's fine. But anymore time than that, i would give up as a fan.

Maybe Riddler manipulates Batman into fighting Croc. That would be cool.

I think that if they go the superhuman route, Clayface is the only legitimate option. If they just go for characters that haven't appeared in film, there's a world of possibilities. Black Mask, Hugo Strange, The Court of Owls, Anarky, etc. Killer Croc is at the back of the list of potential enemies.

Killer Croc would be visually interesting. That's about it. I say it's time we get Hush in a film.

I would rather have Clayface.

o5w1f6.jpg

I'd be impressed if they went with Clayface....really sends the message this is different Batman franchise. I'm not too keen on Killer Croc

I agree, if we're going with a more supernatural villain we've never seen before let's go with Clayface. Way more interesting than Killer Croc, IMO.

Killer Croc should not be the primary villain of the film. He could be the muscle or a secondary villain (like Zsasz in Begins,) but, not the main one.

As much as I would love to see Croc on screen I don't think he could be a main villain on his own, plus with it being another Batman reboot, it might feel a little like The Amazing Spiderman reboot and the Lizard, both similar looking characters.

If you want to go the route of actual 'super' villains, then I got to agree with Clayface, although I always liked Man-Bat also.

Personally I could go with The Riddler as the villain for a new Batman movie, and I really genuinely hope we get a decent Mr Freeze at some point to.

I think Mr. Freeze is a cool villain to explore in Batman's origin story. The characters closely parallel one another, yet the way they deal with tragedy is so vastly different and laden with melancholy.

Killer Croc just seems like mindless muscle. I'd want more than simple conflict.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"