Notice the connections of Burton's movies on TAS?

Hordakfan

Civilian
Reaction score
Afterall Bruce Timm loved the first movie and is a fan of the comics as him and Paul Dini were inspired by both using some designs and character designs stuff with referencing the movies into the show including Joker's same coat/hat/suit like in the first movie to his phony fake name being referenced. Then in early 1991 during production of the show and while Batman Returns was being made the executives forced Timm and Dini to base Selina Kyle and Penguin off from Batman Returns still photos but didn't want to but they did and it worked like a charm.

Well, the Batmobile looked almost exactlky like Burton's, and the Penguin was clearly based on Danny DeVito's.

Bruce Timm did confess that he was forced by WB to design Penguin and Catwoman after the movie versions. It wasn't his choice to make them look that way.

Gotham City was definitely influenced by Burton's one.

Bruce Timm did confess that he was forced by WB to design Penguin and Catwoman after the movie versions. It wasn't his choice to make them look that way.

Gotham City was definitely influenced by Burton's one.

Many artists are forced to do things when working for big studios. The connections are still there.

And yes, Gotham.

Selina Kyle did look like Michelle Pfeifer for the first 3 seasons then turned brunette for the 4th and 5th.

Although Catwoman's costume on the 4th and 5th seasons look just like Pfeifer's catwoman costume and Burton's sketch for Catwoman

Im glad they were forced to do so, none of the characters, vehicles etc were carbon copys but set the tone for the series perfectly.

Indeed and logic says that blockbuster movies always make cartoon shows since the 70s starting with Planet of the Apes to others and in the 80s there was Real Ghostbusters, Robocop, Police Academy, Beetlejuice etc. and Batman TAS followed that trend of cartoons based on movies but BTAS was more true to the comics at the time yet at the same time being a spin-off of Burton's movies, makes sense doesn't it?

Although Selina Kyle and Penguin were changed for the 4th and 5th seasons on WB for more creative freedom, even in Batman Adventures comic it explained that Selina was blonde because of a dye job and decided to shave off her hair as she is originally brunette and Penguin has no flippers anymore.

Indeed only Harvey wasn't black on this show but a mixed race i think.

I believe there's also a nod to 'Blade Runner'. I don't remember the eps. but there is a character like JF Sebastian in it.

I hated the first Penguin design that was based on Devito. It just didn't work well. Only character design from TAS that I didn't like. On the other hand, most of them from the re-vamp were pretty bad.

I hated the first Penguin design that was based on Devito. It just didn't work well. Only character design from TAS that I didn't like. On the other hand, most of them from the re-vamp were pretty bad.

That is true. Batman himself is one of the few that ended up being better IMO.

The revamp designs for the 3rd and 4th seasons i had no problems with even though Joker did look like a muppet especially with no red lips.

I have to admit Selina Kyle looked more gorgeous as a blonde:hrt: but still brunette is fine with me as when she was brunette she did looked like Natasja Kinski from 1982's Cat People movie you had to admit, i just adore Catwoman no matter what she looks like with the exception of Miller's ugly-ass shaved headed manly looking hooker from Year One.

Suddenly Bruce's brown eyes turned blue and he looks like a buffed up Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man on the 3rd/4th seasons of the show. I do like Ivy even if she was turned literally green but Harley is still the same.

I have to admit Selina Kyle looked more gorgeous as a blonde:hrt: but still brunette is fine with me as when she was brunette she did looked like Natasja Kinski from 1982's Cat People movie you had to admit, i just adore Catwoman no matter what she looks like with the exception of Miller's ugly-ass shaved headed manly looking hooker from Year One.

I loved the comic issue of Gotham Adventures which explained why she stopped dying her hair blonde. The Audrey hair always worked better for me, though I like that Selina has had a 'blonde past'.

Man, do I want this show to come back.

It's interesting that in the redesign Catwoman skewed closer to Burton's movies. I guess that's down to the popularity of the character.

One thing I will say about the redesigns (and I really liked them overall), they improved the quality and fluidity of the animation significantly, which is really what they were going for ultimately.

I loved the comic issue of Gotham Adventures which explained why she stopped dying her hair blonde. The Audrey hair always worked better for me, though I like that Selina has had a 'blonde past'.

Man, do I want this show to come back.

It's interesting that in the redesign Catwoman skewed closer to Burton's movies. I guess that's down to the popularity of the character.

One thing I will say about the redesigns (and I really liked them overall), they improved the quality and fluidity of the animation significantly, which is really what they were going for ultimately.

Indeed and i do have that issue, yes TNAOB did Catwoman's costume based on Burton's design and she's even pasty face when in costume.

Joker's real name in TAS was even Jack Napier like in the 1st Burton film

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"