NSA locks out wiretapping investigators

I think the land of the free gimmick is coming to an end :(

give this a morning bump

What did you expect? The NSA is so secret and so powerful that it doesn't even officially admit it's own existence. :rolleyes:

Damn you reptillians!

Xindi-reptilian.jpg

Oh noes, the aliens are in control. My freedoms are gone!

"Can we investigate you, pretty please?"

"Err.. come back later!"

bored said:
"Can we investigate you, pretty please?"

"Err.. come back later!"

remember when Saddam didn't want the UN investigating him, and people said that was suspicious?

'member?

Mr Sparkle said:
remember when Saddam didn't want the UN investigating him, and people said that was suspicious?

'member?

Yeah, but he was evil and everything. This is different. :rolleyes:

jag

man, this would almost be comical if wasn't so important.

God, how can you liberals be so dense. The NSA is the only thing keeping the bad guys from killing your mothers. Ungrateful hippies, how dare you spit in the face of freedom.

Sandman138 said:
God, how can you liberals be so dense. The NSA is the only thing keeping the bad guys from killing your mothers. Ungrateful hippies, how dare you spit in the face of freedom.

Oh. Sorry. My bad. :o

jag

Damn right you should be sorry. Commie freeloader is what you are.

Sandman138 said:
Damn right you should be sorry. Commie freeloader is what you are.

Which reminds me, I need your car this weekend.

jag

^ The unfortunate thing is that, to the best of my knowladge, what they are doing is not illegal.

Sandman138 said:
^ The unfortunate thing is that, to the best of my knowladge, what they are doing is not illegal.

it's probably a loophole in the law. :(

Sandman138 said:

Yup, how dare the NSA spits in the faces of our freedoms.

Because bad guys out there want to kill our mothers.

And because American Nuclear families, and mothers, are so important.

Sandman138 said:
Wiretapping domestic calls is illegal. If you call another country, they're listening for sure.

sinewave said:
that doesn't seem legal to me.

I don't think it IS legal. After all, did you give permission to the phone company for them to give your records away? Did the NSA (or American Government) apply for warrant to get those records?

However, at the same time, I'm not sure that this comes under the Privacy laws either. I think a good lawyer should start a class action lawsuit.

rdh007 said:
Wiretapping domestic calls is illegal. If you call another country, they're listening for sure.

Yeah, but they're not wiretapping, they are collecting the records of who is talking to who. It's legal; as far as I know PIs do the same thing on a smaller scale. However, this development doesn't make me feel any more comfortable about my government's involvement in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"