Oblivion Questions

Spidey-Bat

Ours is the Fury
Reaction score
I'm playing Oblivion and have some questions. Just so you know where I am, I just found the location of the Dragon Shrine but haven't started the quest yet. I just finished the Order of the Virtuous Blood sidequest (the one where the guy tells you some other guy is a vampire but that guy tells you the guy you just talked to is the real vampire and you kill him in those caves).

I have 2 questions right now:

1) I have a little over 3,000 gold. I want to buy a house so I can put my stuff in there and it be safe. I have the Battlehorn castle expansion and have to upgrade that house. Should I get an upgrade so I can store my weapons in the private quarters there or go buy a house somewhere else? I know there is one in the Imperial City which is a more convenient location.

2) Is there a 'safe' chest to store my items in the mean time? I lost all my items in another file. I had to restart from Day 18 (I was at Day 27 in my other one and got far in the Thieves guild). I've been switching my items between the 2 barrels outside Weynon Priory (I hope switching them resets the 7-day limit I have to store them there). I am in the process of putting them in the crate outside of Wawnett Inn (the Inn by the bridge to the Imperial City).

3) Will Kvatch ever be returned to normal? I killed all the scamps in the main castle. I hadn't before and went back to kill them to make sure it didn't effect Kvatch being rebuilt.

4) Is there a way to get a lot of money easily? I've lately been finding cloth and silverware and selling it. The vampire dust I got in the last mission really helped. Anymore of them?

5) What are some good expansions worth getting? I know Shivering Isles and Knights of Nine is good. I'm going to get the Game of the Year edition for Christmas (I'm borrowing my friend's game right now). Any of the smaller ones worth getting?

I will have some more as I play the game.

Money is easy to find, so just get the convenient location.

The safe chests I think are just in your homes. Things you've purchased, or those abode plug-ins online.

Kvatch only gets rebuilt on the PC version, via mods.

Thieves make lots and lots of money. Or just kill bandits. Thanks to the ******ed scaling system, most of them are clothed in kingly armor and clothes. You'll walk away from most dungeons with a few sets of daedric and glass armor.

Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, Wizard's Tower, Thieves Den, Mehrunes Razor, and Orrery are worthwhile. The others are just a waste, especially horse armor and spell books.

Just "haggle" the prices to the lowest possible level you can. Great money can be found on quests though, not just random walks through the woods.

Money is easy to find, so just get the convenient location.

The safe chests I think are just in your homes. Things you've purchased, or those abode plug-ins online.

Kvatch only gets rebuilt on the PC version, via mods.

Thieves make lots and lots of money. Or just kill bandits. Thanks to the ******ed scaling system, most of them are clothed in kingly armor and clothes. You'll walk away from most dungeons with a few sets of daedric and glass armor.

When does money become easier to get?

I was a member of the Thieves guild in my other file. I want to get a house now so I don't have to worry about losing my items. Since you can only meet that guy at midnight, I went through a week really quickly.

It should be easy as pie as soon as you leave the prison, just stroll through a dungeon :confused:

Just ****ing kill and steal everything. :confused:

Although....the world does get a little lonely after you complete your genocide :(

I've had the Collector's Edition of this game for like 1 year and a halfsies and I haven't really played it.

You've had a million years to get a new one.

Go to GR in a few mins for some great news (for me, anyway...but it should be for all of you, you ungrateful bastards).

It should be easy as pie as soon as you leave the prison, just stroll through a dungeon :confused:

I forgot about those. I have to go back to Memorial Cave to pick up all the armor and weapons from the vampires I killed.

I'm playing Oblivion and have some questions. Just so you know where I am, I just found the location of the Dragon Shrine but haven't started the quest yet. I just finished the Order of the Virtuous Blood sidequest (the one where the guy tells you some other guy is a vampire but that guy tells you the guy you just talked to is the real vampire and you kill him in those caves).

I have 2 questions right now:

1) I have a little over 3,000 gold. I want to buy a house so I can put my stuff in there and it be safe. I have the Battlehorn castle expansion and have to upgrade that house. Should I get an upgrade so I can store my weapons in the private quarters there or go buy a house somewhere else? I know there is one in the Imperial City which is a more convenient location.

2) Is there a 'safe' chest to store my items in the mean time? I lost all my items in another file. I had to restart from Day 18 (I was at Day 27 in my other one and got far in the Thieves guild). I've been switching my items between the 2 barrels outside Weynon Priory (I hope switching them resets the 7-day limit I have to store them there). I am in the process of putting them in the crate outside of Wawnett Inn (the Inn by the bridge to the Imperial City).

3) Will Kvatch ever be returned to normal? I killed all the scamps in the main castle. I hadn't before and went back to kill them to make sure it didn't effect Kvatch being rebuilt.

4) Is there a way to get a lot of money easily? I've lately been finding cloth and silverware and selling it. The vampire dust I got in the last mission really helped. Anymore of them?

5) What are some good expansions worth getting? I know Shivering Isles and Knights of Nine is good. I'm going to get the Game of the Year edition for Christmas (I'm borrowing my friend's game right now). Any of the smaller ones worth getting?

I will have some more as I play the game.

You can get a house for cheap in a town far west of the oblivion map...Anvil I think. Its part of a side story-line mission. I advise you do that...its a nice house. Then you can store all your weapons and things in any of the cupboards.
I didnt buy a house till later on in the game....near the end. Too expensive at the begining.
Try and research how exactly to get the free house...you might have to be at a certain level to get it.
Infact, here is a detailed walkthrough on how to get it. You're more than ikely come across it naturally anyways....I did.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Where_Spirits_Have_Lease

Best way I made money was by becoming Gladiator champion...and just picking up some seriously expensive weapons. But higher level you are, the more expensive things you can find. Last time I played it, I was on level 20+, and theres plenty of things to find for alot of money.

There are cheats/bugs to get loads of money, but I advise you dont do it...Spoils the game. I for one didnt take advantage of bugs, and I had plenty of money to do what I wanted....

I'm currently doing the 'Go Fish' quest. That poor guy in Weye needs me to find 12 Rumare Slaughterfish scales. I've come across 4 and I have 4 Rumare Slaughterfish items (not sure if they count as the scales). I can't find anymore.

Nevermind. I realized the green arrow points to them.

I'm currently doing the 'Go Fish' quest. That poor guy in Weye needs me to find 12 Rumare Slaughterfish scales. I've come across 4 and I have 4 Rumare Slaughterfish items (not sure if they count as the scales). I can't find anymore.

Nevermind. I realized the green arrow points to them.

The quest is worth it for the reward. :cwink:

I stole that guy's retirement money: 23 gold.

Anyway, I went to kill that shepard at Weynon Priory so I could join the Dark Brotherhood. I went back to my house and went to sleep. A message popped up saying I've become a vampire. Is that a good thing?

I stole that guy's retirement money: 23 gold.

Anyway, I went to kill that shepard at Weynon Priory so I could join the Dark Brotherhood. I went back to my house and went to sleep. A message popped up saying I've become a vampire. Is that a good thing?

Did you get the reward for killing all the Slaughterfish? You really should.

Here's what you get:

It's a ring that allows you to breathe underwater.

If you want to spend any time out in the day, yeah.

You will need to go to Church... or complete some quest to rid yourself of Vampirism.

Buy the Vile Lair expansion if you want, they have a renewing pool that you can use to cheat your way out of vampirism.

Is it worth getting? I don't really care if I do the Vampire Cure quest. It adds some playing time to the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"