Downloadable Oblivion Content

Spidey-Bat

Ours is the Fury
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting Oblivion since I have no games I want to play right now. I calculated everything and if I bought all the additional content on the marketplace, I would save $4 (and some cents) by buying the GOTY version than if I bought a used copy of Oblivion for $24 (I save $3 with my More Card). Is the all downloadable content (except Shivering Isles, Knights of Nine, and Fighter's Stronghold) worth getting?

Not over Mass Effect, in all probability. Why get a mere extension to a game when you can get a whole-new one that is in all probability better?

Not really. Meruhnes Razor, Thieves Den, and Wizards Tower were pretty useful, the others were bad.

Not over Mass Effect, in all probability. Why get a mere extension to a game when you can get a whole-new one that is in all probability better?

Because Mass Effect won't come out for another month and a half. The point of getting Oblivion is so I can get it when I want it. I also like fantasy worlds more than sci-fi.

Not really. Meruhnes Razor, Thieves Den, and Wizards Tower were pretty useful, the others were bad.
What about Vile Lair and the Orrery one?

I think new dlc just came out
Yep, that's Fighter's Stronghold. I actually downloaded it today since it's free.

Don't try to trick me. I know it's a complete waste.

Vile Lair sucks. Orrery is...alright, I don't know if it's worth your money or not. I guess it depends on how much you think an average quality, 30 minute quest is. The best thing about it is the end when the Orrery activates, which is gorgeous. Otherwise, it's pretty mediocre, and doesn't really add much.

Oblivion is great, and outside of the Fighters Stronghold, all I have Dl'ed has been KOTN and SI. That said, by downloading those, its added many hours to my already growing time spent in the amazing game.

You can never say that Shivering Isles is worthless. I know that you dont have online capabilities, but its amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"