Oceans 11 prequel with Margot Robbie

With Soderberg having nothing to do with this, what makes it any different than just some random heist movie?

I don’t know about this. I just loved the Clooney/Pitt/Damon dynamic so much, it’s going to be hard to top the original trilogy.

If Ocean’s 8 was any indication, they have their work cut out. It’s being directed by Jay Roach, who is a solid director but doesn’t have the same cool style as a Soderbergh.

Also, Gosling is no Pitt. He always plays the quiet, dry sarcastic type, but there is always something missing in the delivery. It’s almost too smug.

Wouldn't the original characters be children in a 60's-set prequel?

Or are we reverting to the Rat Pack version?

I didn't dislike Ocean's 8, but this seems like an odd choice

I never saw Ocean’s 8. Did that movie tank? Why not complete that trilogy instead?

I don’t think it tanked.

But I think it was forgotten pretty quickly.

It didn’t add anything interesting besides having Danny be “dead”. Bullock played his sister and visited his grave. I assume the idea was to have a sequel where it would have been a “twist” and she and he team up for a heist.

It didn’t add anything interesting besides having Danny be “dead”. Bullock played his sister and visited his grave. I assume the idea was to have a sequel where it would have been a “twist” and she and he team up for a heist.

Did it take place after Ocean’s 13? Or was it before Ocean’s 11 when Danny was in jail at the beginning?

Post-13

5a3925aed03e2d1c008b45a4

I think he faked his death, and that would have probably been revealed in the sequel.

Not likeing the idea of this prequel set in the 60's.

Oh that sucks
Yeah the movie wasn’t bad but just kind of boring. They basically just gender swapped the first movie with nothing new to add. Yen shows up in the heist but it isn’t nearly as clever as the first movie.

And James Corden also shows up which automatically takes the movie down a couple of notches.

I love how everyone hates Corden. I don’t mind him. Just find it funny that he’s not well liked.

The Ocean's Extended Universe. :o

When is he going to reteam up with Rachel McAdams?!?!?!

;)

He's two for two with Emma Stone, Ana De Armas and now Robbie for those that are keeping score
What’s the other movie he did with Ana?

so would they be playing Danny's parents, maybe?
I mean, it's not an "Oceans" movie without some one named Ocean in it, so if they want to treat it as a legacy character, and show that heists run in the family I could see that...

the only character from the OG I can see returning (in this time period) is probably a young Saul Bloom... maybe a young Reuben Tishkoff

I like the first Ocean’s 11 and I liked O8. But this is just beating a dead horse, isn’t it? Who was asking for an O11 prequel?

So according to that article, this is NOT a prequel to the Clooney/Pitt series, but a remake of the original 1960 Rat Pack version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"