Supergirl Off-Topic Discussions STAY ON TOPIC!

I just rewatched the Bionic Woman a few years ago. Still loved the show, although some of the 3rd season got a bit bad.

I actually found it more interesting to watch than Wonder Woman, which was a bit slow by comparison when I rewatched it a few years ago too.

I just rewatched the Bionic Woman a few years ago. Still loved the show, although some of the 3rd season got a bit bad.

I actually found it more interesting to watch than Wonder Woman, which was a bit slow by comparison when I rewatched it a few years ago too.

I loved Bionic Woman, she was a Tennis Player, I loved playing tennis, she was a teacher....I wanted to be a teacher (I am, but at the time that was what I wanted to be)....she was my hero.

The Bionic Woman in 2007 wasn't bad at all, it was pretty good, unfortunately the Writer's Strike killed it before it had a chance.

The Bionic Woman in 2007 wasn't bad at all, it was pretty good, unfortunately the Writer's Strike killed it before it had a chance.

I'd like to see a new Bionic Woman series. Maybe a melding of the Bionic Man series, where she's the test pilot. Heck, I'd also like to see a live action version of the old Bionic Six cartoon!:woot:

Wonder Woman will be back in theaters in IMAX starting Friday for a limited run.

Wonder Woman will be back in theaters in IMAX starting Friday for a limited run.

I hope she does well with that extra number of theaters. (I don't think it is for overseas though, is it?)

I loved Bionic Woman, she was a Tennis Player, I loved playing tennis, she was a teacher....I wanted to be a teacher (I am, but at the time that was what I wanted to be)....she was my hero.

So Jaime Sommers drove you to being a teacher. And I know she was a tennis player and Kelly you said you were. What made you give it up and do you sometimes hit the courts?

(Although I would be hitting the store for supplies, 'cause something named Harvey is heading to the TX Coast. I know H-town is not in the cone of uncertainty, but when it comes to hurricanes, you always ask "What do they like to do?" And you answer..."ANYTHING THEY WANT TO!")

Also, back to the ORIGINAL and the best Bionic Woman, how would you react if you saw Lindsay Wagner, who by the way, is pals with Lynda Carter?

So Jaime Sommers drove you to being a teacher. And I know she was a tennis player and Kelly you said you were. What made you give it up and do you sometimes hit the courts?

(Although I would be hitting the store for supplies, 'cause something named Harvey is heading to the TX Coast. I know H-town is not in the cone of uncertainty, but when it comes to hurricanes, you always ask "What do they like to do?" And you answer..."ANYTHING THEY WANT TO!")

Also, back to the ORIGINAL and the best Bionic Woman, how would you react if you saw Lindsay Wagner, who by the way, is pals with Lynda Carter?

I blew out my knee my Freshmen year in college....they crashed my competitive career.

Actually we are in the "circle of uncertainty....lol Something new they are doing. We will get the "dirty side" of the hurricane for about 5 days....30-40 inches of rain possible. So, I'm hunkering down for a long weekend, probably no school on Monday, maybe longer.

I would totally "fangirl" out if I got the chance to meet Lindsay Wagner.

I hope you and yours are fine Kelly (in Houston?).

I didn't know Houston was prone to Hurricanes.

I hope there would be as limited damage as possible especially to life and health of people there.

Myself and my 2 dogs are fine....my apartment complex is still dry. We had a close call as far as our cars on Sunday, but the drainage system did its work.

The town where I teach which is about 5 miles to the east has not faired as well. The river bottoms near the San Jacinto River have totally flooded as has the older portion of the town. There is a shelter at the high school where I teach, but I can't get there to help out so pretty much sitting here watching it rain along with 30 to 35 mph winds....hoping everyone is ok in my school family. Our school is out for the week, but I would venture to say that we will probably be out possibly for 2 weeks....maybe more.

But, as for me.....Louie and Armstrong, we are high and dry. :)

I am happy you and the dogs are fine Kelly. Hope your school folks remain safe too.

I just got word that the San Jacinto River overflowed its banks last night and the town where I teach which is right on the San Jacinto River was flooded really bad and people are evacuating. I'm far enough away to not be impacted by the water, but many families were....it's going to be a long way back to normal for us.

UPDATE: Most of the people that live in the "River Bottoms" were already gone when the San Jacinto River went over its banks.....I kind of figured that considering that area floods every time it sprinkles so I figured they had already gone. NOW, getting back down there to see what is left? That is a whole different story. We were able to close our shelter at the High School and move the 400 + people there to one of the 4 large evacuation centers in Houston. I don't live in the district where I teach, I live in the district next to it.....that district got hit hard, they are still rescuing people out of homes in that district (most of the people in our evacuation shelter were from this district), and every single one of their schools sustained enormous damage....so we will be working to help them get back on their feet. We will probably take their students for awhile.

Hopefully the State exempts us from the STAAR test this year. These kids have months and months of work ahead of them in their homes to get back to normal.....so attendance is going to be sketchy at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"