Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
also....in Twilight Princess...i expected the true Hyrule..the one everyone expected. all the Hyrules put together...have lake hylia, deaht mountain, all the classic stuff...but why not incorporate the vast Great Sea? maybe a trip to Termina? HYRULE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THE ONLY PLACE. just the CENTRAL place....

it could be a fantastic moment in gaming...replace OOT as the best ever...different lands, different people...its just unfathomable right now tihnking of the possibilites.

I'd like to see more than just Ganon going after the Triforce. If this legend was true then I would image the Gorons, Zoras, and others would like to get their hands on the Triforce. Either so they can have the power or that some other group doesn't get their hands on it.

So Link might not need to complete 3 temples to get access to the Master Sword. He may have found 2 but a forest thief may have the other one. So Link must track down this thief and get it. Link could at any moment be attacked by assassins who want his "temple jewel". He may create an alliance with the Zoras or Gorons, each choice leads to multiple endings. Which would encourage replaying the game again.
The thing is that the Gorons and Zoras were loyal to the King of Hyrule. I can't imagine them wanting to possess the Triforce. The Gorons seem too simple to even have the ability to carry out such as task. The Zoras could but they seem to noble and loyal for such a thing.

Usuually in Zelda its can you help me Yes or No? You need to select "Yes", the no leads to nothing.

It would try to get rid of the predictability that Zelda is sinking into. New gameplay is great but its too predictable. In fact I would get rid of the Gorons/Zoras since that is just being lazy.

Once Link finds the Master Sword he would [1] be either be betrayed by whatever character he trusted to help him (this character would carry extra weapons - cause c'mon no one can carry that many, know where to find certain items and enter areas Link can't enter). Link would then be frozen in stone until Zelda breaks the curse put on whoever wanted the Triforce. For the second part of the game Zelda is Link's partner.

or [2] Agahnim would appear and use magic to put Link out of commission and take the MS. Zelda would appear and help him in the 2nd half of the quest.

So players could switch to Zelda for some part of the game. I know that gameplay style isn't original but the series could use Link/Zelda working together to create that "romance" and breaks the predictability.

Link and Zelda's first adventure together would be getting a horse and stealing the Master Sword from whoever has it. To change the landscape in Hyrule, Link would've been "asleep" for a few months and now the regions of Hyrule have gone to war going after the territory that has the Master Sword and is searching for the 8 keystones that will give them access to the Triforce.

The final boss battle would be a 3 way battle between Link, Ganon and Agahnim (or some wizard). You could defeat Ganon first or Agahnim. Each would have a different ending.

One thing I just thought of which ties into your idea is what if the Master Sword was destroyed shortly after Link found it? It would make you dependant upon your secondary items more. Your goal might have to be to meet some master blacksmith on some high mountain (not Death Mountain. A new, higher mountain). Also, you could use different swords but not broadswords. Maybe have a rapier, scimitar, or falchion. Of course you could get the Biggoron Sword late in the game shortly before. Each of these seems like it would fit a race (Zoras-rapier, Gerudos-scimitar, Kokiri-falchion, Gorongs-Biggoron Sword/Longsword) so you could probably incorporate them easily into the game. The swords are one of the things that's always disappointed me. It's the same formula almost every game.

just what the title says..

i want it to be like ALttP. atleast the dark world part....think about it, Dark World...everything in hyrule went to s***. everything was now dark a crazy. OOT had an alternate place too, but wasnt as dark as it shoulda been...

thats why i like ALttp the best, it went from a problem arising, to complete mayhem. Kakariko was destroyed...hyrule castle gone...the forest went to bad place. the desert was a crazy storm....lake hylia was filled with oil...i mean it seriously looked like Hyrule turned into bad place.

did you play Twilight Princess?!

The thing is that the Gorons and Zoras were loyal to the King of Hyrule. I can't imagine them wanting to possess the Triforce. The Gorons seem too simple to even have the ability to carry out such as task. The Zoras could but they seem to noble and loyal for such a thing.

There could always be the younger Zora brother who will never be ruler of his people and seeks power. The Gorons may not feel confident that the Kingdom of Hyrule can protect the Triforce and if someone is going to use it, they don't want it to be anyone else. Or as I said eliminate the Zoras and create new races to populate Hyrule. When its time to climb Death Mountain I know what to expect. With new characters and races the player doesn't know what to expect.

One thing I just thought of which ties into your idea is what if the Master Sword was destroyed shortly after Link found it? It would make you dependant upon your secondary items more. Your goal might have to be to meet some master blacksmith on some high mountain (not Death Mountain. A new, higher mountain). Also, you could use different swords but not broadswords. Maybe have a rapier, scimitar, or falchion. Of course you could get the Biggoron Sword late in the game shortly before. Each of these seems like it would fit a race (Zoras-rapier, Gerudos-scimitar, Kokiri-falchion, Gorongs-Biggoron Sword/Longsword) so you could probably incorporate them easily into the game. The swords are one of the things that's always disappointed me. It's the same formula almost every game.

That would be different and a good feature. You have to track down the 6 pieces from various groups, and then survive until you find the remote blacksmith.

At one point in the game Link and Ganon would have to co-operate, players could take control of Ganon.

Another thing is the find the map, compass and big key and then finally you can enter the boss' room. If I'm a boss I'm not waiting for some punk to gain a new weapon and come into my domain. I'll come at him when he least expects it. Have the boss smash through a wall and have the boss battle throughout the temple. The boss will hide away while Link finds the Big Key but the Boss could strike at any moment. Perhaps you're running to go get some fairies, then the Boss returns.

Uggh...no more dark world stuff.
Make it like look like and control like Twilight Princess, but no wolf stuff.
I want to see a Zelda game where there's a huge battle with an army. We've never seen that in one of the games.

I want to see a Zelda game where there's a huge battle with an army. We've never seen that in one of the games.

I've been saying this for a while, it'd be awesome.

And someone at Nintendo seriously needs to pick up a copy of Oblivion and play it!

did you play Twilight Princess?!

did you? other then the 20 total minutes it took to collect the light thingies, there wasnt much 'dark' to it.

if you cant see how much darker ALttP is then TP...then well...i dont even know lol...

The concept was there. Is it the concept you want, or the hours logged in darkness that you want?

the twilight darkness is so much differen then the darkworld in alttp...

i guess i moreso wish ALttP wouldnt have been on the SNES and on gamecube...wii..

The next Zelda game is already out. Phantom Hourglass is a top 3 Zelda game, up there with OoT and TP, and atleast tied with ALttP. Anyone with a DS has to have one, or is a dumbass of epic proportions.

phantom hourglass has been out....

....for a few days..... No one is talking about it. It has been the next Zelda game for the longest time, yet no mention here.

The next Zelda game is already out. Phantom Hourglass is a top 3 Zelda game, up there with OoT and TP, and atleast tied with ALttP. Anyone with a DS has to have one, or is a dumbass of epic proportions.

I have to wait till Christmas.

i thought PH was out a while ago? i dont keep up with the handheld Zeldas.....Links Awakening was good tho...

PH came out this past week. I'm honestly surprised that its getting this tiny amount of hype. Its a great Zelda game.

Maybe it's just me....But I got couple of ideas for a zelda game.

You play the story from three different points of few. You can play as Zelda, Link, or Ganon. Then when you complete all three storylines, you unlock a new storyline that combines them all. I always wanted to play as Zelda....moreso Zelda from Oot. She was badass as Shriek.

Like someone said....a game where Link can control a army is awesome. I'd also like a game that was like Windwaker....but set in the sky instead on the sea. Kind of like Skies of Arkcada. I miss that game. Something causes all the gravity of Hyrule to cause all the land to start floating away...and Link has to fly his airship from land to land to put things back.

Also...I'd like a Link game to maybe be set in the future of hyrule. Not too distant...but in a more steampunk setting.

I guess I'm just wanting a video game version of Mad Max. Instead of a horse you have a motorcyle and fight with a sword. MAybe that's too radical of a change....lol I like change though

any word on the next zelda ....on console...

Nope. They're probably beginning the development soon. We may have some info come E3.

if only it would come out on xbox 360 too...i dont wanna have to buy a wii too.

You have time to save up. Regardless of what the release date it, it'll come out a year after that.

You have time to save up. Regardless of what the release date it, it'll come out a year after that.

lol true. im a college student tho...moneys tough...especially since i play baseball and have trouble keepin jobs.

but i did hear a rumor that nintendo is working on a new system for 2010. hopefully they wont be behind sony and microsoft like usual. if youve played assassins creed....a zelda with those graphics would be better than sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"