Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. They're probably beginning the development soon. We may have some info come E3.

I agree, I think we'll definetely be hearing something at E3 concerning a true Wii Zelda game. It's been a year since Twilight Princess came out and Nintendo has already given us their Super Mario game, Super Smash Bros., and Mario Kart, along with Metroid Prime.

It's time for Legend of Zelda to get a chance to shine on the Wii come around 2009/2010.

I hope we can atleast get a trailer. Something like the TP one way back (might be as early as 04/05) that had "Swords will bleed...Shields will shatter...But as the Dark (something)...will the Hero rise again?"

I hope we can atleast get a trailer. Something like the TP one way back (might be as early as 04/05) that had "Swords will bleed...Shields will shatter...But as the Dark (something)...will the Hero rise again?"

hell yeah!

any word on the next zelda ....on console...

if only it would come out on xbox 360 too...i dont wanna have to buy a wii too.

i dont have the money.
ugh
but i did hear a rumor that nintendo is working on a new system for 2010. hopefully they wont be behind sony and microsoft like usual. if youve played assassins creed....a zelda with those graphics would be better than sex.

UGH! :cmad:

If you put aside a dollar a day starting from now, you'd have enough money to buy a Wii, the game, and even a few other accessories by the time Wii Zelda comes out. They haven't even given us a glimpse of anything yet. However, I heard that production for Wii Zelda was going on whilst TP was being touched up... so there's a chance it's already been in production for about two years, or close to it.

But Zelda is premium... if they don't show anything at E3, again I wouldn't be suprised. They're really gonna be pushing Wii Fit more than anything... and talking about the Wi-Fi capabilities on the horizon. Mario Kart might get a release date, and some lesser known titles may get a brief spotlight. I'm hoping we'll have Wii Zelda... but it wouldn't be a shock if we didn't.

I'd be shocked if we didn't. If they announced it at this E3, we'd still get it in about 2 years.

Plus Nintendo has already given us Super Smash Bros., Super Mario, Metroid, Super Paper Mario, Mario Kart, and are no doubt working on the remaining Mario Sports titles.

I'd be very surprised if Nintendo hasn't delivered us any announcements concerning other Nintendo franchises such as Star Fox, the Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, and Donkey Kong. I think we'll at least get a small trailer to show us what a Wii Zelda game is going to look like graphically.

They definitely should work on those games as their next wave of games. DK needs to return to his Country/64 roots. I'd even like to seem the make him like the DK they showed in the SSBB video. They need to stop making him the bafoon of the Nintendo universe. And get rid of the ****ing bongos!

Kid Icarus needs his own game. He can be like a PG God of War game for Nintendo.

Star Fox needs to return to his 64 roots. Assault, while short and the FPS kinda weak, was a step in the right direction.

has anyone played phantom hourglass?

I've played it. It's good, although a little simple.

If you don't mind using the stylus as your sole means of moving and fighting, have at it. It's pretty interesting, though Ninja Gaiden DS is going to use the some principle.

has there been any say of a new zelda?

^^miyamoto stated recently that the 'zelda team' is hard at work. that's about it.

They'd better have voice overs this time. I can almost forgive Twilight Princess's bland text boxes and horrible synth soundtrack, because Gamecube had those crappy little discs that only held 1.5 GB. However, Wii uses 9 GB DVDs, so if there is no voice overs this time around it's pretty much inexcusable.

And I know that some zealot is going to run in here and say "Bububu teh tradition!", so to them I say that that would be like arguing against Zelda: OoT's 3D graphics because 2D graphics are a Zelda tradition. That's a lame argument, and it is only a weak excuse for why Zelda should continue to feel old and archaic even though standards for games have gotten much higher.

And to the others who would say "But I don't want Link to Talk!" I will say, stop trying to pretend that having voice overs means that Link would have to talk. There are plenty of games that have both voice overs and silent protagonists. In the Half-Life games, your character never utters a word even as other characters converse with him. In Knights of the Old Republic, your character technically talks, but you always choose what he / she says, and you never hear them actually speak it. The same can be said of Oblivion, where you get simple dialogue choices from a menu and then you only hear the other character's reaction. This is the worst excuse ever for why a Zelda game should have no voice overs, and yet it's probably the most frequently used by text zealots.

And lastly, there are some blokes who would say "reading text makes you use your imagination!" Well to that I would say, "If you want to use your imagination, read a book. Or better yet, write a book." Videogames are meant to capture our imaginations, not force us to use them on our own. They are a largely visual and audio experience, and without voice overs a dialogue-heavy game like Zelda feels incomplete. A high quality voice over can be the difference between actually connecting with characters in a game as real, living beings, and simply seeing them as a high-tech puppet show. I would rather hear a character speak and look into their eyes, than simply read a box full of text and occasionally catch a flailing limb with my peripheral vision. A game like Zelda is about immersion, and text boxes will always pull you out of the experience.

Do you want some cheese to go with that whine?

agreed. i think it should be more like oblivion, where you have a choice of a couple different things to say back to them. it would be cool if you started out as link, then you could either go the hero route, or the evil route and you start getting darker kinda like dark links from TP. but no first person, except for bow, hookshot etc. and for god sakes, have gannon be a mid game boss or something, keep him in the game cause hes necessary. i think it would be cool if one of the 3 goddesses went bad and was the main bad guy.

more sidequest. new sidegames than just fishing, maybe some hunting. the river rafting was cool. bring back some of the old school items, id like to see them in 3d, like the fire rod from ALttP.

Zelda shouldn't have a Light/Dark path like Oblivion or KOTOR.

I agree. Although having multiple endings would be cool. If the player makes bad decisions, fails to obtain certain items or complete certain quests, then they might end up with a more bittersweet ending or even a sad one versus 100% completion.

Do you want some cheese to go with that whine?

Yes, as long as it's Vermont cheddar.

i dont think so, mario isnt as mature of a game as zelda. i see where your coming from though. i just want it to be a more open adventure really. i loved the transforming into a wolf stuff. i was digging the new villain too until he started dancing lol

Light path / dark path doesn't really lend itself too well to Zelda since Link is destined to be a hero, and therefore it doesn't really make sense for him to become villainous. However, I do like the idea of having multiple endings, with a "bad" play through resulting in a dark ending. Like, could you imagine a player's shock if they beat the game and Zelda dies, or Link seals a portal to a dark realm and traps himself inside? I've always liked the idea of having some kind of influence over the game's outcome, because it makes the game feel less linear, puts more power into the player's hands, and promotes multiple play throughs.

Last edited:
im still on board for the april fools day joke about a zelda set in the future.

he is the hero of time after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"