Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe a future in hyrule terms, 100 years after TP, nothing crazy like cars though, bigger and better towns would be cool
the towns in TP were very disappointing, hopefully thats different. kakariko was a waste, ordon had a population of like 3, hyrule castle town had so much going for it, but there was about 4 things to actually do.

why not the future future.

every civilization evolves over time even hyrule.

id like to see their society dependent on tech having forgotten the old ways, like magic and such. but ganon knows and they dont know how to fight him so link starts out on a quest to rediscover magic, etc.

i like the idea, but if you change the entire environment so its futuristic, itll have to change everything about the game. weapons, attire, like you said magic. it seems like it would be a completely different game altogether.

like dumping link gannondorf and zelda into too human or mass effect.

i just want a little something different, experiment for a change. if it doesnt work, oh well go back to the orig. formula.

i hear ya on the experiments. future could work if its done right.

i have faith in shigi, i think he could pull it off and have fans loving it

id like to see him go a darker more mature way though, TP was moving towards it, but it didnt quite get there.

for the love of god no more toon link, while WW was fun, that was wayyy to kiddie.

^agreed. also, i feel a technologically advanced hyrule would take away from the series' charm.

id like to see him go a darker more mature way though, TP was moving towards it, but it didnt quite get there.
TP is as dark as it will get. Nintendo wants the Zelda series to have a wide audience and that includes the 8-12 age group.

for the love of god no more toon link, while WW was fun, that was wayyy to kiddie.
Why are you complaining about Toon Link? They've used that in 3 games since WW. Two of those were handhelds. WW wasn't kiddie. The graphics? Maybe. It was as "kiddie" as Ocarina of Time.

TP is as dark as it will get. Nintendo wants the Zelda series to have a wide audience and that includes the 8-12 age group.

Why are you complaining about Toon Link? They've used that in 3 games since WW. Two of those were handhelds. WW wasn't kiddie. The graphics? Maybe. It was as "kiddie" as Ocarina of Time.

I have to agree. Wind Waker looked cute due to cel shading, but the storyline and stuff that Link had to deal with were pretty disturbing and morbid.

disturbing and morbid? like what?

windwaker was an awesome game, it would just be better not celshaded. thats all im saying, the toon aspect was kiddie. i didnt see anything really morbid or disturbing though?

i didnt think TP had many 8-12 yr old things in it, minus the golderbugs and some lake hylia things.

mario is targeting the younger audience well enough, along with mariokart and supersmash bros. so why wouldnt they make a little more mature zelda. its a strange comparison i know, but TDK is targeting more mature audiences, where as previous batmans have been more about all audiences. and it had fine success, so target audience shouldnt be an issue

disturbing and morbid? like what?
Ganondorf getting stabbed in the head.

mario is targeting the younger audience well enough, along with mariokart and supersmash bros. so why wouldnt they make a little more mature zelda.
Money.

its a strange comparison i know, but TDK is targeting more mature audiences, where as previous batmans have been more about all audiences. and it had fine success, so target audience shouldnt be an issue
Apples and oranges. You can't compare a Batman movie and Zelda video game.

money? zelda will make plenty of money if more mature.

ganondorf head stab wasnt much at all. that one part made the whole game morbid and disturbing?

TDK was just an example of a franchise gone more mature that worked.

oh wel agree to disagree lol

money? zelda will make plenty of money if more mature.
There's no point in catering to the older groups by making it more dark and mature. As I said, TP was plenty dark and mature. Even OoT was. We're not going to get a Batman-like Zelda game in terms of darkness and maturity. There's also no demand for a dark and mature Zelda game like there was for a dark and mature Batman movie. Unless that demand is there, Nintendo won't make it.

ganondorf head stab wasnt much at all. that one part made the whole game morbid and disturbing?
Ask Terry since he said it. I haven't played the game in a long time and that was the thing that stuck out to me the most. It's still gruesome. I mean, come on. He got the Master Sword impaled in his forehead. How is that not disturbing?

TDK was just an example of a franchise gone more mature that worked.
Except Batman's source material is dark and mature. Therefore the comparison makes no sense. Might as well compare the Sin City movie to Zelda.

hmm i thought there was demand for it after WW, i guess TP was the answer. see to me, Zant ruined TP. well, didnt ruin it, but really screwed things up. he was one intimidating, frightening baddie, then he was prancing around like Richard Simmons, it was crazy.

and i agree about the master sword to the head, it was disturbing, and yet bad ass, and completely unexpected due to the way the game was and looked up until then. another more mature aspect of WW was great fish isle or big fish isle(dont remember name), but it was completely destroyed. so yea, i agree there were some 'disturbing' areas.

and with comparison to sin city and batman, im not saying to make anything more like batman... by no means do i want a bad guy killing people left and right on screen, blowing up places etc. Zant was perfect until the end.

heres an example of what id like to see... in the TP preview we saw link heading after a army of goblins on boars...in adventure of link, all over the place there were enemies coming after you. id like something of a mix between the two.. like ganon or whoever the baddie is sending out troops after link, wouldnt that make sense? having troops randomly set up looking for you. having one or 2 bad guys randomly walking around doesnt really count.

and for the record, im not being hateful or even really arguing with you, just discussing. People on here tend to take things to personal and stuff :)

Zant = ******ed. I couldn't believe that that fruit was the villain in TP.

he was bad ass up until you confront him in the twilight realm.

mario says a few phrases here and there.

I just want something new in terms of story, my favorite Zelda to date is Majora's Mask because it was so damn different, it wasn't the same regurgitated Link/Gannon/Triforce nonsense we've been playing for the last 20 years. I want new villains and new locations. I was happy with TP when I saw Zant, but completely let down the moment Gannon showed up.

I just want something new in terms of story, my favorite Zelda to date is Majora's Mask because it was so damn different, it wasn't the same regurgitated Link/Gannon/Triforce nonsense we've been playing for the last 20 years. I want new villains and new locations. [...]

I agree on everything. Congratulations for summing up my thoughts.

Has there been any news on a new Zelda game?

I just want something new in terms of story, my favorite Zelda to date is Majora's Mask because it was so damn different, it wasn't the same regurgitated Link/Gannon/Triforce nonsense we've been playing for the last 20 years. I want new villains and new locations. I was happy with TP when I saw Zant, but completely let down the moment Gannon showed up.

yeah, it would be nice if ganon stayed dead for a while and there was some other kind of threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"