Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 3 hours in. MotionPlus is a mixed bag. It's definitely detecting every errant movement my hand makes. Switches between actions are buttery smooth. It's almost too exact...I've missed hits to weak points because they didn't precisely align with an invisible plane. Makes Skyward Strikes a pain, too. The Loftwing parts feel awkward, but then again, mounted rides in Miyamoto's games never feel "right" to me. The jaggies everywhere make this look dated. And is it too much to ask for some map markers?

Other than that, though, it's Zelda. I've chuckled at the in-jokes, marveled at the art direction, and had a ball exploring the world. Maybe it's all too familiar, but I don't see anywhere but up from here [blackout]unless this has a Water Temple[/blackout].

Why couldn't Link be ambidextrous?

I too am not a fan of the motion control, though it's not entirely without its advantages.

Overall my reaction to the game is pretty mixed, but it could still change.

There isn't a choice?

Nope. I tried the game left-handed all the way until I had to fight Ghirahim. I couldn't land a single blow until I was forced to switch hands, I was able to defeat him with some ease then. I also had trouble with Quadro Babas and Skulltulas. And I had a hard time pulling the Goddess Sword out because it's impossible to turn a hand in reverse.

And it's not like I'm trying to be a Legend of Zelda purist or anything because Link is supposed to be left handed. I'm freaking left handed! It feels very uncomfortable to use my right hand and I'm not at all ambidextrous. I often call my right hand my ****** hand that is how horribly coordinated I am with it.

It's actually very aggravating. My only major problem with the game.

It's very irritating as a result.

8 hours in. It feels easier to do what I want, but I lost once to Ghirahim after trying to deflect his arrows with my sword and failing miserably. Pretty sure it was an equal mix of MotionPlus shenanigans and my own buffoonery. Just finished the missing girl side quest...and now I have to find another missing girl on a "colorful island," that apparently isn't Fun Fun Island. Kind of tempted to just progress to the next dungeon.

8 hours in. It feels easier to do what I want, but I lost once to Ghirahim after trying to deflect his arrows with my sword and failing miserably. Just finished the missing girl side quest...and now I have to find another missing girl on a "colorful island," that apparently isn't Fun Fun Island. Kind of tempted to just progress to the next dungeon.

She's on one of the islands nearby Fun Fun Island. As you go from Skyloft to Fun Fun Island you'll fly over a small island where you'll see a downed Loftwing.

This game has proper sidequests? Awesome. That's what was massively lacking from TP.

She's on one of the islands nearby Fun Fun Island. As you go from Skyloft to Fun Fun Island you'll fly over a small island where you'll see a downed Loftwing.

Awesome, that saves me future frustration.

It sucks that Fi can't record these side quests. I'd trade all her help options for a decent log.

I dislike Fi. The sound (voice?) accompanying her is irritating and I'd love to be able to skip some of her explanations about enemies etc if I'm not interested. Though I'm happy she is no Navi ("Hey listen!"), I think that at the moment, she is my number 2 most irritating character of the Zelda saga (she beats Tingle).
But I have played the game for only 4 hours now, so perhaps it will change.

Last edited:
She's no Midna, that's for sure. I actually cared for Midna in a genuine way. I felt empty when the game ended and she was gone forever. Its these moments that prove a character did their job and made you care.

lozskywardswordbyldawbd.png

Nice. Where is this pic from (fanmade/official)?

Reminds of that legandary poster that was released some time ago to celebrate the Zelda franchise 25th anniversary:

http://furiousfanboys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/zelda_25th_anniversary_small.jpg
Pic is 2mb. Best Zelda poster ever.

I ordered it at ebay to have in a large size for my door.

Here's a bigger version:
http://www.izelda.net/media/2011/09/zelda_poster.jpg
7mb

She's no Midna, that's for sure. I actually cared for Midna in a genuine way. I felt empty when the game ended and she was gone forever. Its these moments that prove a character did their job and made you care.
True. Fi just feels too cold (but then again, she's a sword and acts like a computer/robot).

Last edited:
That is weird that they didn't allow a left handed feature maybe its harder then we all think to implement it into the game. I too hate Fi she's really annoying and everything she says is just way too obvious. She's definitely there for the casual gamer but she's just way too annoying. My only complaint going through it the second time is that there is no quest log

Okay so I haven't used my Wii in about a year and I got this in the mail from Gamefly and was really excited, but now it seems like I can't play this without a motionplus attachment. Is that really the case? Do I have to go out and buy or borrow it from someone just to be able to play this?

Yes you need the wii motion plus to play the game.

Okay so I haven't used my Wii in about a year and I got this in the mail from Gamefly and was really excited, but now it seems like I can't play this without a motionplus attachment. Is that really the case? Do I have to go out and buy or borrow it from someone just to be able to play this?

Yea, you need the Wii Motion Plus. The game requires you to be extremely accurate which is something that can't be done with the regular Wii Remote.

That really sucks. Luckily my brother has a couple and his kids don't play their Wii too often, so I'll see if I can borrow one. But I really didn't think they'd make it exclusively for Motion-Plus. I figured it would be like Playstation Move where you have an option.

It requires you to be much more accurate and precise than any normal wii remote or playstation move can offer.

I must say, I really hate the wii motion plus (or at least how unforgiving it is in this game). It takes you out of the game at times. But I dislike the Wii remote period. It's poorly designed for games like this where you have to switch items frequently. Give me a good old fashioned controller any day.

13 hours later, it still needs a side quest log and less jaggies. The rest of it has been awesome.

I must say, I really hate the wii motion plus (or at least how unforgiving it is in this game). It takes you out of the game at times. But I dislike the Wii remote period. It's poorly designed for games like this where you have to switch items frequently. Give me a good old fashioned controller any day.

Right? This game may just be my favorite Zelda game. Pure gold (pun...since its Zelda...gold) held back by annoying/demanding/overly-critical WiiMotionPlus controls. At first you think you'll get used to it. I haven't, and it really is turning a fine game into a trial.

So you hate that a game is a bit challenging for once. That instead of throwing canon fodder enemies at you, each one makes you think and react differently. You hate that for the first time in a game youre actually a part of the combat instead of just pressing x a bunch of times over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"