Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree. I really hope its changed up as well which it is to an extent in Skyward Sword and I hope it goes big time rpg which I think it will. I also hope they keep the same art style. This art style with a more powerful system and in hd would be amazing.

So how about we try this again? You honestly think more advanced hardware is ONLY about graphics? How about scope? Size of a game world, more detailed mechanics, higher levels of interaction? I mean, what is the point of working with more advanced hardware if you don't use that to it's full potential?
I think the size of the game world is a double edged sword. Hyrule in Twilight Princess was pretty damn big, but it was just sooooooo boring. But if you give it more interaction, it would really work.

And yeah, I'd have to agree with you that you'd need more advanced hardware. The Wii's limitations is why it seems like Skyloft doesn't have a lot of people because it can only handle so much.

I'd simply like to see them take a few more risks.
I'm a firm believer in not fixing what already works. Why bring a risk that would most likely be a huge blunder like Zelda II?

Well, wasn't Ocarina of Time a fairly big risk? And then after the huge success they had with that, the follow up game wasn't simply a rehashing was it? Majora's Mask had a very different formula to it. Something like that, anything like that, would be much appreciated. Something that feels like a genuine shake up, rather than a slight twist.

10 hours in and loving it.Heading over to Lanryu Desert now after my girlfriend is done playing.

okay, I have very little to criticize about this game at this point. I'm about 25 hours in, and I'm guessing I'm nearly done (but I have no way to tell, since I'm avoiding spoilers). but HOLY **** is it annoying when I get a piece of treasure that I already have and it tells me the description again. Every time you turn the console off, it assumes you forgot what the **** an ancient relic is. Just....stop that. ugh.

words cannot express how much I hate these stupid ****ing Imprisoned battles. They're repetitive, ******edly difficult, and barely makes sense story-wise. They should've left these out.

i did, actually. hopefully it gets a 3ds remake.

Looks like we'll have to wait. They apparently want to make a new 3DS Zelda game first. But if that takes too long, they might throw fans a bone and release Majora's Mask to keep them occupied until the new one comes out.

I have to say that Ocarina of Time probably won't be dethroned any time soon. Although the games that came after improved upon its design, none have had the same impact. Nintendo needs to go back to the drawing board if it wants to one up Ocarina of Time. They need to do something drastically different.

Eh I'll take Ocarina of Time over Majora's Mask any day of the week. I'd say mine goes Link to the Past, Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time. I really love how they do the upgrading of the sword in this game. It's awesome and it really adds to the mythos of the Master Sword.

So far past the second temple. The Lizalfos were pretty tough but I think it's cool how they taunt you. I love the use of the Wii remote for the bombs. I always kind of thought bombs suck as weapons (I mean their best use is really just blowing up walls) but the fact that they dont light until after you throw them and that you can roll them makes them much more fun to use. The boss was pretty fun to fight (although not intimidating-looking; my roommate said he looked like Sully from Monsters Inc).

I didn't do a much this time around after beating the temple. I just collected all those treasure chests that come from the Goddess Cubes (except for the one on the pumpkin island, can't figure out where that is), did the pumpkin balancing thing, and bought another item holder for my pouch.

The over world reminds me a lot of Wind Waker. I do kind of wish there was more, I'm not sure how much I've explored but I feel like I've covered most of it. Hopefully tha hurricane lifts to show a new spot.

So far I'm loving it. The new gameplay mechanics are a great change in the series and make it feel very different from the last few games. It has a bigger learning curve I think but that's understandable considering we've had teh same gameplay for the last 13 years before this.

I also think the land world feels very different from past games (like TP). It's like basically playing a dungeon before you get to the actual dungeon, with all the puzzles and such that you have to get through. I think that's a great approach since the outer world is usually the more laid back parts of the game which generally get offer as much of a challenge.

IGN says that Nintendo is currently working on at least two Legend of Zelda titles now (the 3DS one has already been confirmed). Skyward Sword is currently the fastest selling Zelda title as well.

The other is presumably the new title for the Wii U. Should be ready by 2016 if we're lucky. They will probably release Majora's Mask for the 3DS before then.

I would really like to see a return of the masks in a console game.

Damn, the first dungeon and I couldn't find a way in. Thanks to a youtube video I was able to find I had to swing my sword so that eye keeps turning and turning until it falls off. I have played many Zelda games and never had any trouble with finding out the mechanisms and dungeon solutions, but this first dungeon is already really challenging me. Starts off promising (and a bit frustrating hahahaha).

so........is it worth getting a Wii now, primarily for this game?

perhaps if I could get it for under $100 ( maybe a used console )?

so........is it worth getting a Wii now, primarily for this game?

perhaps if I could get it for under $100 ( maybe a used console )?

It depends. Are you a Zelda fan? There are other reasons to buy a Wii though.

It depends. Are you a Zelda fan? There are other reasons to buy a Wii though.

am I a "hardcore" Zelda fan?? no......

but I do like Zelda games, and I have fond memories of past Zelda titles ( Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina...... ).

my main concern about buying a Wii right now is that it's soon to be obsolete with the Wii U.

is the Wii backwards compatible with Gamecube titles? if it is, that would open up the library of games........

am I a "hardcore" Zelda fan?? no......

but I do like Zelda games, and I have fond memories of past Zelda titles ( Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina...... ).

my main concern about buying a Wii right now is that it's soon to be obsolete with the Wii U.

is the Wii backwards compatible with Gamecube titles? if it is, that would open up the library of games........

A Zelda fan anyway then I assume. It's a good game, certainly a reason to get a Wii. There's also Twilight Princess if you haven't already played it on the Gamecube. And other good games. Though that depends on your tastes.

The Wii is backwards compatible, but you do need a gamecube controller and a gamecube memory card. Since otherwise you can't play or save. Both work on the Wii, so you don't have to buy new ones if you already have a gamecube.

The Wii U won't come out until late 2012, and it will take years before most good titles come out. You've got a lot of titles to keep you busy.

A Zelda fan anyway then I assume. It's a good game, certainly a reason to get a Wii. There's also Twilight Princess if you haven't already played it on the Gamecube. And other good games. Though that depends on your tastes.

The Wii is backwards compatible, but you do need a gamecube controller and a gamecube memory card. Since otherwise you can't play or save. Both work on the Wii, so you don't have to buy new ones if you already have a gamecube.

The Wii U won't come out until late 2012, and it will take years before most good titles come out.

thanks.

yeah.....I don't foresee myself rushing out to buy the Wii U when it's first released. I'll wait for the price to drop, the bugs to be ironed out, and more games to be released.

I did own a Gamecube a few years back ( I got it late in its lifecycle ). but, I've since sold it.

there are some GC games I'm eager to try out, though..........so maybe I'll take another look at the Wii.......

I should also mention that the Wii U can not play Gamecube games period.

No clue what Microsoft and Sony are planning. But it's debatable whether or not the Wii U is the next generation of gaming consoles, or just an improved Wii.

The Wii U is definitely next generation, I don't see why we dismiss it as its not because its coming out more than likely a year before the other systems. Ps2 came out a year before xbox and gamecube and the 360 came out a year before the ps3 and wii. Looks like its Nintendo's turn to release it early.

The Wii U is definitely next generation, I don't see why we dismiss it as its not because its coming out more than likely a year before the other systems. Ps2 came out a year before xbox and gamecube and the 360 came out a year before the ps3 and wii. Looks like its Nintendo's turn to release it early.

It's debatable because the Wii U finally puts Nintendo on even ground with the 360/PS3 in terms of power... which is a generation that's almost over. All the major developers will move forward with Sony and Microsoft, and Nintendo will again be stuck getting lesser ports of modern games.

Last edited:
Well, we'll have to see what Microsoft and Sony bring out. If you do consider it 8th generation, the Wii U could end up being its generation's Dreamcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"