Official 2010 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep.

...how does something look quiet?

Exactly. The Marlins can make something LOOK quiet.
JROz943b.jpg

Their new park will have about 35,000 less seats than Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins/Land Shark/Sun Life Stadium, so it shouldnt look as quiet....

Yeah...don't get your hopes too high for that one there.

Tigers to sign Joaquin Benoit to a 3 year deal.

Well, it's an improvement to an area you always need help in. God knows Zumaya goes down anytime there's a stiff breeze.

1.34 ERA in 63 games, with 75 strikeouts in 60 1/3 innings pitched. He allowed only 10 runs (nine earned) and 11 walks. Although the thing that scares you is those are career best numbers and he'll be 33 this season.

Now Dombo needs to go out and get us 2 legit bats. And a catcher with an OBP above .240 would be nice too.

Last edited:
I say the Tigers will start regretting that deal in August.

I say the Tigers will start regretting that deal in August.

All things considered, most of the FA's Dombrowski has brought in to the team in his tenure here have lived up to their contracts. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves me wrong.

Hulk

Dunn moving closer to deal, maybe to #Tigers, source says

Source: Joel Sherman

Immortal....I'd say The Marlins have about a 0% chance of getting Upton unless they plan on trading Stanton or Morrison. I read they have like $4 million to spend.

Marlins, Rays, Yankees, Red Sox could get Upton...

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/arizona_gauging_interest_in_upton_Dg7gLRj91uLiQ75ADlHiNP

With a new ballpark due to open in 2012, the Marlins could in theory try to build around two of the most interesting young outfielders in the game, Upton and their own Mike Stanton. One executive even suggested a package of outfield prospect Logan Morrison and righty Ricky Nolasco, who has won at least 13 games three straight seasons, would probably get a deal done.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more...in_upton_Dg7gLRj91uLiQ75ADlHiNP#ixzz15ZTxZVkS

There's no way the Marlins get Upton for that little. Nolasco is already 27 and has never had an ERA under 3.52. He's a mediocre 3rd starter. I don't know much about Morrison but Upton is the same age as him and has accomplished more. If the Dbacks deal him, it's obviously for money.

Justin Upton is arguably one of the harder guys to get in a trade. You'd literally have to trade your 3-4 best farm pieces to get him. 23 Year Old, that hits for power and average..and plays good defense.

Fangraphs had him at #11 in terms of Trade Value

I wanted Clint Hurdle but he's off the board. I guess either Melvin or Hale. I REALLY don't want Collins or Backman.
I agree.

But why don't you like Backman, you think he cant make it in the big leagues?

Hulk

Source: Joel Sherman

I like Dunn a lot. He's almost a guarantee for 40/100. Pair him with Cabrera, and it could be scary.

Dunn just turned 31, and is younger than I thought.

I'm assuming we'd DH him with the ocassional appearance at 1B when Miggy needs a rest.

I would think that this also would end any chance of us bringing magglio back too.

We'd have a lineup of:

1. Jackson, CF
2. Rayburn, LF
3. Cabrera, 1B
4. Dunn, DH
5. Boesch, RF
6. Peralta, SS
7. Inge, 3B
8. Sizemore or Rhymes, 2B
9/ Hopefully some Catcher who's better than Alex Avila

Last edited:
All this D-Backs stuff is just Kevin Towers starting his Towersian rumor mill. I don't think that they would deal a clear superstar player who's very affordable.

And if they do, I'll rampage.

Last edited:
I agree.

But why don't you like Backman, you think he cant make it in the big leagues?

Backman is a gimmick candidate. He's not qualified; never managed above AA, manages like it's the Deadball era (his teams always lead in sac bunts and caught stealing), and he's a loose cannon. I think the players will tune him out by August. Only reason he's even in the organization is nostalgia.

I'm also sick of hearing how hiring him will invigorate the fan base. I personally won't give a crap. All it takes is a 70-92 season and a really bad start and that fan support is gone.

Alright...So it looks like they will end up giving the award to Felix.

They better.

Gardenhire and Black win the Managers of the Year. Good choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"