Official 2010 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spidey-Bat said:
June 26, 2012.

What is "What day was Terry Collins fired?"

I'll take the under. Tearful resignation on September 14, 2011.

It's almost as if baseball is undergoing an enlightenment, Gold Gloves excluded.

apparently the Mets are being left out of that

They hired Alderson and got a front office that actually has a clue as to what to do.

I'm not a fan of Collins being manager but it really doesn't matter. What does is the players on the field.

Reds Will Discuss Long-Term Deal With Votto
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 22 at 4:42pm CST]

Joey Votto is not sure about his interest in a long-term deal, but the Reds will approach the newly-crowned NL MVP about an extension, according to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer. Reds GM Walt Jocketty told Fay that the team was waiting to discuss a deal until the MVP was announced to be fair to Votto (Twitter link). The first baseman was uncertain of his interest in an extension earlier in the offseason and he remains undecided.

“How open am I to that? I don’t know," Votto said. "You’d have to see the figures and talk about the years. Because we haven’t had any conversations about it. It wouldn’t be fair to comment on it. I’m not trying to dodge the question. But I’ve got nothing.”

Ryan Howard and Justin Morneau parlayed MVP seasons into big arbtration raises in recent years. Albert Pujols, who has the same agent as Votto, signed a seven-year $100MM deal with Jocketty back in 2004. It's unclear how long the Reds would like to lock Votto up for, but he has set himself up to earn over $30MM for his three arbitration seasons. Agent Dan Lozano could compare his free agent value to that of Mark Teixeira and Adrian Gonzalez, so Votto will be expensive to sign long-term.

Reds Will Discuss Long-Term Deal With Votto
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 22 at 4:42pm CST]

Joey Votto is not sure about his interest in a long-term deal, but the Reds will approach the newly-crowned NL MVP about an extension, according to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer. Reds GM Walt Jocketty told Fay that the team was waiting to discuss a deal until the MVP was announced to be fair to Votto (Twitter link). The first baseman was uncertain of his interest in an extension earlier in the offseason and he remains undecided.

“How open am I to that? I don’t know," Votto said. "You’d have to see the figures and talk about the years. Because we haven’t had any conversations about it. It wouldn’t be fair to comment on it. I’m not trying to dodge the question. But I’ve got nothing.”

Ryan Howard and Justin Morneau parlayed MVP seasons into big arbtration raises in recent years. Albert Pujols, who has the same agent as Votto, signed a seven-year $100MM deal with Jocketty back in 2004. It's unclear how long the Reds would like to lock Votto up for, but he has set himself up to earn over $30MM for his three arbitration seasons. Agent Dan Lozano could compare his free agent value to that of Mark Teixeira and Adrian Gonzalez, so Votto will be expensive to sign long-term.

Must wait another year then evaluate their performance

They hired Alderson and got a front office that actually has a clue as to what to do.

I'm not a fan of Collins being manager but it really doesn't matter. What does is the players on the field.
Yes Sir.

Go Mets! :awesome:

I'm so happy for Joey. He was so deserving of the award. It just sucks that he was cheated out of Rookie of the Year award a few years ago because Soto was a catcher. Where is Soto now?

I hope a deal gets done with Votto but I think he really wants to be in Toronto with his mom and brothers.

giants resign huff for 22 million/2 years.

that's about 4 million too much (i thought 9 million per would get it done) but apparently it matched at least another offer huff had. at least it's only 2 years; fairly low risk.

now resign uribe or trade for bartlett?

Mets Will Keep K-Rod As Closer Next Year

Francisco Rodriguez will return as the Mets' closer in 2011, general manager Sandy Alderson said Tuesday. Mr. Rodriguez, who is owed $11.5 million next season, has an option for 2012 that will automatically vest if he finishes at least 55 games. But Mr. Alderson said the Mets won't deliberately try to limit his appearances. "If he pitches well, he's valuable to us," he said. "If he pitches poorly, we probably don't have to worry about it."

—Brian Costa

Of course they will try to limit his appearances. They'd get a grievance filed against them if he said they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"