Official 2011 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Molina argue in the top of the 5th in the ALCS. Gonna miss his experience behind the plate.

:cap: :cap: :cap:

They should trade Reyes and Beltran if they are still the same old club.

Especially Beltran...Reyes has regressed so much, everytime he turns the corner he has an issue with his legs.

Except that isn't true. He had 4 straight seasons of 633 games between his injured seasons and he played 133 last year.

SHH Fantasy Baseball? Somebody PM me when that gets started.

yeah i might join this year if its all good with the group...Although my expertise in it isnt as strong as NFL.

Is it head to head or points based?

I watched a ESPN show on Sunday on the implications of the whole Mets/Madoff fiasco. I really wonder if they have to eventually sell because if the prosecutor involved is pretty rabid and it doesn't look like he's the "settling" type.

I watched a ESPN show on Sunday on the implications of the whole Mets/Madoff fiasco. I really wonder if they have to eventually sell because if the prosecutor involved is pretty rabid and it doesn't look like he's the "settling" type.

not sure....maybe it's for the best, just to get the team out from under this whole mess

lol at whoever it was who compared Ryan Howard to Pujols.

Pretty sure that heated debate was between Howard and A-Gone if I'm not mistaken.

Is there a correlation between players going to big market teams and injuries. Seems to me that everytime one of these really good players goes from a small market team to a big market like New York and Boston, the injury bug just bites them harder. Someone has to keep stats on this, it's baseball for God's sake.

I would love to entertain this outlandish theory, but you need to give some examples of said players who got injured upon signing to big market clubs.

I had a bit of hope for last year, but then that went away

and yes it does, but what can I do....I'm not gonna be some delusional Cubs or Tigers fan, running around screaming "This is our year!!!" just to be disappointed 2 months into the season

Tigers fans do that:huh:

Should be the Phillies now...Cox is gone, so the Braves vs. Mets rivalry has lost a bit of its flavor.

The rivalry peaked when Piazza hit that home run the first game back in Shea after 9/11.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6120676

Sabathia is dropping hints that he might still opt out after the season. Hardly a shocker when the top free agent starters next year are CJ Wilson and Edwin Jackson.

Good job Yankees for letting him have that option.

Yahoo Fantasy is now open. Spidey get on that.

Oh snap, time to reclaim my throne.

I'd love a shot at the Baseball league again. I'm in if you need additional teams.

The secret behind Moneyball exposed!

[YT]70wDh9gDiAQ[/YT]

Anyone see the news on the Barry Bonds trial today? Looks like he is screwed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6125637

A federal judge in the perjury case against Barry Bonds on Tuesday decided to allow an audio recording in which, prosecutors say, the baseball star's personal trainer discussed his steroids use.

Bonds' lawyers had asked the judge to exclude the recording from his upcoming trial on charges that he lied to a grand jury when he said he never knowingly took performance-enhancing drugs. They argued that since the personal trainer, Greg Anderson, is refusing to testify, there's no way to authenticate the topic of discussion.

But prosecutors plan on calling to the witness stand Stevie Hoskins, Bonds' childhood friend and former business partner. Hoskins says he secretly recorded the conversation in March 2003 to convince Bonds' father that his son was taking steroids.

The trial is scheduled to start March 21. The judge also on Tuesday refused to throw out one of the five charges alleging Bonds lied to a grand jury in December 2003 when he testified he never knowingly took steroids.

His lawyers complained that the charge was too vague. The charge alleges Bonds' testimony obstructed the grand jury's investigation into sports doping. The judge ruled the charge was specific enough for Bonds to mount a defense during his month-long trial.

I never realized how much Cubs and White Sox fans hate each other

Yeah, not a lot of love between Cubs and Sox fans. I'm a White Sox fan and I get great pleasure out of seeing the Cubs fail year after year.

I was so relieved when the Cubs blew their best Series chance several years ago against the Marlins (The playoffs with the whole Bartman issue, etc).

haha...so vicious

do you consider Cubs fans less than human? or just misguided?

Haha - I wouldn't go so far as to say they are subhuman (I reserve that for Packer fans :woot:), but rather a very confused bunch. More and more, I guess my hate is turning into pity (I think that started to happen around the time the Sox won the Series).

The funny thing is that people that claim they are fans of both teams are usually viewed as the real oddballs. You can be a Sox fan, you can be a Cubs fan, but you have to pick a side.

that's how I always saw it, in any city that shares two teams....gotta take a side

Absolutely, pick and side and stick with it. No jumping back and forth depending on which team is having a run of success.

as a Mets fan, they may suck and I may complain....but I would never EVER EVER even dream of cheering for the Yankees

ugh....the thought makes me nauseous

Status
Not open for further replies.