Official: Authors of the HYPE! Boards (aka "The New Inklings")

Well, I'd like to officially throw my name in the New Inklings hat. As of yesterday, thanks to self-publish ebooks, I am officially a published author.

I published 2 of my 3 novels and am preparing that last one as we speak. It needs a lot of work since it was my first novel and is months away from being published but it'll get there. My next step is to look into createspace and prepare to print my book. I need a typesetter but that's the only person I plan on paying to prepare my book (if I can't figure it out myself) because I have no money and never do. I am VERY eager to hold my books in my hand but that'll be a little ways off. For now though... my ebooks:

Cicada Song - This is a Contemporary Romance but it isn't the gooshy kind that makes most guys roll their eyes. It's got a lot of mystery, suspense, and religious aspects to the story and is my favorite novel that I've written so far.

The Adventures of Flitter & Plank - This is a children's novel staring my two daughters. I asked if they wanted to help me write a book so they helped me come up with the plot, named some of the characters, specified some scenes and animals they wanted, drew pictures for it, etc. And yes, that's them on the cover. It's a children's novel but it can be enjoyed by all ages, boy or girl.

I'm real eager to start writing my next novel, as I've spent months and months editing and preparing these two and the third book I'm working on (converting present tense to past tense currently). I miss the actual writing side of books but it'll happen. I'm just getting these all prepared and then I can focus on moving forward, not moving what I've already finished forward.

Welcome to the party!

Hey all, little update. Had my author appearance today and MAN was it massive!! I realized that my book is attracting quite a female fanbase as well, which is surprising since its mostly marketed to boys.

Hey all, little update. Had my author appearance today and MAN was it massive!! I realized that my book is attracting quite a female fanbase as well, which is surprising since its mostly marketed to boys.

Pics! I demand pictures. ;)

Welcome to the party!

Thanks! I've had a slow start but I wasn't expecting anything more. I've sold 11 books so far (mostly family) but it still feels good. I'm currently formatting the two books for print. My next goal is to get them printed through CreateSpace. I have to have my friend work on the spine and back cover but the rest should be about read.

I'll be glad to have those two books finished and to focus on getting the last one ready for ebook. I'm REALLY looking forward to when this editing/formatting spell is over and I can just focus on writing a new book. It's been a while since I've been able to do that and I have ideas just falling out of my head.

I have a sci-fi trilogy work in progress. I'll let you know if I ever manage to finish the behemoth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"