Official DC Universe Animated Original Movies

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
DCU_Movies.jpg

I know that there are various threads for the various films released my them, but i thought that it deserved its oun thread.

In the 5 years of their existence they released 14 films and from what was announced they're planing on a 2 part adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns as well was Flashpoint and Superman: Brainiac. What should they do next?

Aquaman, Flash and Sinestro Corps War are rumored. I like the announced and rumored project but i would like to see a return to the DC Animated Universe myself.

Thoughts?

The "rumored Flash movie" is definitely Flashpoint.

I would like to see a Dr Fate, Spectre or even Dr Midnight movie.

I would also love to see those old O'Neil and Adams GA/GL comics covered.

sinestro corps war would be great. kingdom come also.

While I think Flash is long overdue, I had zero interest in a Flashpoint movie. In fact, I had zero interest in the Flashpoint comics, even before finding out it was going to end the DC universe as we knew it.

While I think Flash is long overdue, I had zero interest in a Flashpoint movie. In fact, I had zero interest in the Flashpoint comics, even before finding out it was going to end the DC universe as we knew it.

Apparently, the "real, true" DC universe is one where Wally West doesn't exist. :cmad:

Where's the old thread for the animated films? They've recently announced that they've canned these. I'm actually delighted. I think they've butchered enough of my favorite stories. The standard just hasn't been up to previous work Timm did with his animated series.

"Warner Bros. has shut down Warner Premiere, its direct-to-video division. Warner Bros. released a statement claiming that a decline in DVD sales and its transition to digital distribution influenced the decision.
Given the continuing decline in the direct-to-video film market and shifting business models in the production of digital series, the decision was made to close Warner Premiere. The division will continue and complete production on its remaining film and digital series project into the fall. In addition, the evaluation of potential digital content will be folded into Warner Bros. Digital Distribution, and Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Home Video will continue to produce and release animated films, such as Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry and DC Universe.
The good news is Warner Premiere will be able to finish up Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1, which is due out next month. The future of Part 2, which was scheduled to be released sometime next year, is unclear. However, it appears that Warner Bros. Digital Distribution, and Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Home Video will take over that project."

Those are terrible news, i actually liked these adaptations :(

There are still quite a few of these I haven't seen (both Superman/Batman movies, JL: Doom, Batman: Year One), but I must say that Under the Red Hood has been by far my favorite so far.

I guess that Teen Titans: Judas Contract that they announced YEARS ago isn't going to get off the ground.

I remember them mentioning that Teen Titans: Judas Contract had been cancelled, but didn't the Teen Titans cartoon already adapt that storyline?

This line is NOT coming to an end...

Warner says that “the evaluation of potential digital content will be folded into Warner Bros. Digital Distribution, and Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Home Video will continue to produce and release animated films, such as Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry and DC Universe.”
http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/warner-premiere-direct-to-video-close/

“The Animated DC films will continue”, a WB insider tells us
http://moviehole.net/201256623warner-premiere-home-of-the-lost-boys-2-3-shuts-up-shop

So don't worry about it. The Worlds Finest also claims the same thing...

I want to see some Aquaman love. He's been absent in all of these animated releases.

I'm glad, but how are their sales? I know that they're selling less with time but are they still profitable enough? Marvel Animation seems to have stoped their animated movies because of low sales.

Yeah... they are dipping.

I mean, you can feel WB pulling back on the budget, the marketing and the merchandise. How long they let the line run for is anyones guess.

Superman vs The Elite was very disappointing sales wise... but for right now, they are still relatively profitable.

Sales are dipping because the quality is poor. Even a huge DC collector like myself now waits to see what the response is on each film and will consider streaming before ponying up for lousy adaptations. Year One was heartbreaking

Superman vs the Elite was actually very good, i guess that most probably weren't interesting in that adaptation in the first place, i think that the best way to boost sales would be to make another movie set in the DCAU, but i doubt that will happen now that they're more interested in adapting than making original stuff.

Superman vs the elite suffered from bad looking animation too.

I'd like to see "Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader?" be made into a movie.

I want to see a Judas Contract movie. They already got started on it.

But The Flash should get a chance to shine first.

I know they'll never do it, but the JLA vs Avengers storyline would be a really cool adaptation.

otherwise, I'd like to see Kingdom Come as well as Superman: Birthright

The "rumored Flash movie" is definitely Flashpoint.

Actually they are saying, Flashpoint is a Justice League movie and NOT a Flash movie but i'm guessing The Flash will be the star of it.

I don't understand what happened to the Judas Contract film. My only guess is that that Teen Titans movie that was being done was the Judas Contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"