Official DC Universe Animated Original Movies

I think the more original movies they would make, the better they would be. Adapting existing story arcs makes it easier for fans to complain about, but creating a great original story would draw people in.

Heck, after seeing the Hugo Strange Arkham City trailer, I was hopin for a full-length movie using that animation.

Yeah... they are dipping.

I mean, you can feel WB pulling back on the budget, the marketing and the merchandise. How long they let the line run for is anyones guess.

Superman vs The Elite was very disappointing sales wise... but for right now, they are still relatively profitable.
Personally, I think they might be better off only releasing one or two a year.

I know I cut back on buying them purely because spending $60 bucks a year on pretty simplistic animated movies was getting a bit excessive.

So what are we getting in 2013 then?

February 2013 - Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 2

June 2013 - Superman: The Lost City of Krypton

September 2013 - Justice League: Flashpoint

The titles and release dates for the Superman and Flashpoint features may change but we should know more info at the New York con in October.

Personally, I think they might be better off only releasing one or two a year.

I know I cut back on buying them purely because spending $60 bucks a year on pretty simplistic animated movies was getting a bit excessive.

Definitely... it often feels like they are spreading themselves a bit thin and just cranking them out.

Heck I'd even take one release a year if it meant they could put everything into it.

Oh wow I wish I'd noticed this before I posted my Kingdom Come thread, can one of the mods merge that thread in with this one?

February 2013 - Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 2

June 2013 - Superman: The Lost City of Krypton

September 2013 - Justice League: Flashpoint

The titles and release dates for the Superman and Flashpoint features may change but we should know more info at the New York con in October.

DKR's - Part 2 is gonna rock

I can't wait for the Superman Brainiac film I really hope they use a style similar to the comic or something mnore in line with Superman Shazam. Also not what cast they'll go for but would love a Tim Daly or Newbern/Corey Burton reunion but I'm not against a new cast at all.

I'm yet to read Flashpoint but isn't it like 6 or 7 books or something? Wonder how thats gonna work, also with Conroy saying he's already done his lines for this it makes me wonder of the cast from JL: Doom will return.

Last edited:
Well we already know that Molly Quinn is voicing Supergirl in the Superman movie...

Plus she said fanboys will get excited about whos playing Superman, so I don't know. She probably wouldn't make a big deal about Daly or Newbern.

Well we already know that Molly Quinn is voicing Supergirl in the Superman movie...

Plus she said fanboys will get excited about whos playing Superman, so I don't know. She probably wouldn't make a big deal about Daly or Newbern.

Oh yeah forgot she was.

Wow really? I guess not then wonder who it could be? I wonder if its Jon Hamm.

From the live stream panel at NYCC:

The 2013 slate of films:

- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 (Late Jan/Early Feb 2013)

- Superman: Unbound (Mid 2013)... based of course on Johns' Superman: Brainiac

- Justice League: Flashpoint (Fall 2013)

And while not apart of DC UNIVERSE, we are also getting...

- Lego Batman: DC Superheroes Unite in early 2013

Wait justice league: flashpoint????
Oh great there are thousands of storys out there that should be animated but they choose that one.............just great:cmad:

They should make a aquaman movie!

It's the closest thing we'll ever get to a Flash animated movie, so stuff it. :o

Cannot wait for these gonna be awesome

Super excited for all three movies. Next year, Supes is going to be in all three animated movies and his own movie. Spectacular.

I hope DC does an Aquaman movie next.

Im so over DC DTV. All we ever get now is Batman/Superman/JL. What happened to show casing other DC characters? And just give WW a sequel already! Her sales werent even horrible.

Seems like they're adapting New 52 stories now, with Flashpoint and Justice League: War, as well as the rumores Aquaman adaptation. This could be a good oportunity for DC to create another animated shared universe.

I wish they stopped viewing the wonder woman movie as a failure (considering it sold 7 times more what their latest movies have) and either do a sequel or adapt the new 52 storyline for example.

I can see some of the movies sharing a continuity... mainly the Justice League features. They are utilising the New 52, but not exclusively pulling from just there.

They may even let Jason O'Mara voice Batman in a Court of the Owls adaptation, etc.

There is still alot of interest in pre-New 52 stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"