Comics Official GENERATION HOPE Discussion Thread

GENHOPE2010015cov.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #15
JAMES ASMUS (W) • TIMOTHY GREEN III (A)
• Sebastian Shaw publicly returns to Utopia setting off old grudges and new divisions between the X-Men!
• Generation Hope clash with a gang of mutant villains living on the island!
• Romance blossoms between Marvel’s most unlikely couple!
32 PGS./Rated T …$2.99

It's a good thing Wolverine and his side left Utopia because that just makes way for more semi-reformed villains! I'm waiting for Cain Marko to return post-Fear Itself and join up.

prv10425_cov.jpg

prv10425_pg1.jpg

prv10425_pg2.jpg

prv10425_pg3.jpg

prv10425_pg4.jpg

prv10425_pg5.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #13
Written by JAMES ASMUS
Pencils and Cover by IBRAIM ROBERSON
Regenesis Blue Variant by DALE KEOWN
REGENESIS TIE-IN!
NEW CREATIVE TEAM! Hope and what is left of her five lights travel to China to find their latest recruit. Wait, is that X-Villain SEBASTIAN SHAW? James Asmus and Ibraim Roberson take the reins of the most-talked about new X-Book.
32 PGS./Rated T ...$2.99

Notice how they forget about Pixie's dust power in the intro page yet it's drawn by the artist. FFS she's Mastermind's daughter I'm sick of her saying one spell let her equally use all abilities she has.

Why the heck would Piotr use his Collosus form against a bunch of kids?

That art looks really good :up:
Yeah its done by Roberson who drew New Mutants around Second Coming. Im so glad he got another X-gig. He draws one of my favorite Hope Summers

I've read his stuff before apparently but it never caught my eye until that Uncanny X-Men issue with Wolverine and Hope a few months ago. I think that was him. Either way, he's got mass talent. He needs to replace Land on the Uncanny rotation :up:

Stupid question but at the end of issue 12 did Primal's face somehow morph into Hope's or was that just the dodgy art?

GENHOPE2010016.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #16
JAMES ASMUS (W) • IBRAIM ROBERSON (A) • COVER BY JORGE MOLINA
• Zero finally shows his true colors
• A battle rages on Utopia!
32 PGS./Rated T …$2.99

prv10818_cov.jpg

prv10818_pg1.jpg

prv10818_pg2.jpg

prv10818_pg3.jpg

prv10818_pg4.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #14
Written by JAMES ASMUS
X-Men Regenesis
Meet the newest member of Generation Hope...Sebastian Shaw?! When Hope and company investigate an unaccounted for mutant reading in Pakistan, they come across a full-grown mutant with no memory being used as a weapon. They see a mutant in trouble and help...not realizing they’re rescuing one of the X-Men’s deadliest foes!
32 PGS./Rated T ...$2.99

prv10818_cov.jpg

prv10818_pg1.jpg

prv10818_pg2.jpg

prv10818_pg3.jpg

prv10818_pg4.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #14
Written by JAMES ASMUS
X-Men Regenesis
Meet the newest member of Generation Hope...Sebastian Shaw?! When Hope and company investigate an unaccounted for mutant reading in Pakistan, they come across a full-grown mutant with no memory being used as a weapon. They see a mutant in trouble and help...not realizing they’re rescuing one of the X-Men’s deadliest foes!
32 PGS./Rated T ...$2.99

GENHOPE017_cov.jpg

Generation Hope #17
James Asmus (W) • Takeshi Miyazawa (A)
Cover By Salvador Espin
• The Mutiny Continues, As The Lights Rebel Against Their Leader!
•Kenji Vs. Hope For The Final Fate Of The Lights!
32 Pgs./Rated T…$2.99

prv11133_cov.jpg

prv11133_pg1.jpg

prv11133_pg2.jpg

prv11133_pg3.jpg

prv11133_pg4.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #15
JAMES ASMUS (W) • TIMOTHY GREEN III (A)
• Sebastian Shaw publicly returns to Utopia setting off old grudges and new divisions between
the X-Men!
• Generation Hope clash with a gang of mutant villains living on the island!
• Romance blossoms between Marvel’s most unlikely couple!
32 PGS./Rated T ...$2.99

James, there was a recurring question I received from several folks that I thought I'd address before we get to the reader emails: there's no solicitation for "Generation Hope" in April. Does this confirm our worst fears?

Yes, the book is ending with issue #17. I will say (as I did a month ago) that these were the five issues I planned from the beginning. You can read all the old interviews where I promised to get to the betrayal, and I knew I had to do it before "Avengers vs. X-Men." The book was already under 20K copies when I took over, so while I figured there was a chance to tie into "AvX," the way the market and the event developed, a "Generation Hope" tie-in doesn't make sense.

That said, I have a ton of notes on stories I'd love to do with these kids in the future. So hopefully I'll get that chance. If you're interested, start that letter-writing campaign!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36591

prv11431_cov.jpg

prv11431_pg1.jpg

prv11431_pg2.jpg

prv11431_pg3.jpg

prv11431_pg4.jpg

prv11431_pg5.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #16
JAMES ASMUS (W) • IBRAIM ROBERSON (A)
COVER BY JORGE MOLINA
• Zero finally shows his true colors
• A battle rages on Utopia!