Comics Official GENERATION HOPE Discussion Thread

GENHOPE005var.jpg

GENHOPE005_COV.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #5
Written by Kieron Gillen
Penciled by JAMIE MCKELVIE
Cover by DAVID LAFUENTE
Variant Cover by GREG LAND
There was an upside to rushing from nation to nation, saving suicidal or homicidal mutants from themselves. It was a distraction. Cable is still dead. Hope has lost her father. Now, with a moment to breathe, she has time to think... and HAS to think. Not least because everyone else wants to mold her in their image. In this issue, Generation Hope's future is decided.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

prv7399_cov.jpg

prv7399_pg1.jpg

prv7399_pg2.jpg

prv7399_pg3.jpg

prv7399_pg4.jpg

prv7399_pg5.jpg

prv7399_pg6.jpg

prv7399_pg7.jpg

Generation Hope #3

Story by Kieron Gillen
Art by Salvador Espin, Scott Koblish
Colors by Jim Charalampidis
Letters by VC - Clayton Cowles
Cover by Olivier Coipel, Mark Morales, Chris Sotomayor, Greg Land , Frank Martin [more...]
Publisher Marvel Comics
Cover Price: $2.99
Release Date Thu, January 6th, 2011

“The Future is a Four-Letter Word”

Tokyo burns with the genetic heat of the final light. Can Generation Hope tame it, or will the X-Men have to snuff it out? The first battle for the future of mutantkind comes to a climax, with Bio-titans fighting between the sky-scrapers when hope and despair come to blows. The first arc of the most-anticipated new book of 2010 concludes! Part 3 (of 3)

I wish they would be consistent with Idie's hair. Its an afro on the cover and as drawn by Land in the latest UXM, but the interiors have her in dreads and Land originally had her in braids

I think this is normally where I'd jump in with some comment about Marvel's artists and black characters, but I'm not quite sober enough to make a decent argument. I'll just say one thing:

I'm not surprised that the hair of a black character is depicted inconsistently.

I just picked up issues 1-3 at my local comic shop yesterday and, holy cow, I'm really digging this series. Hope has really become a character I've grown quite fond of. I've always been a pretty big X-Men fan, but typically from the films, cartoons, and games. The only comics I've really dug into were Whedon's Astonishing run (and Ellis' Exogenetic, which I actually liked once it was done), Messiah Complex, Messiah War, and parts of Second Coming.

I've tried Uncanny off and on, but I just can't seem to stick with it. With Generation Hope I've read good things and bad, but I actually really enjoyed the first three issues quite a bit. Not stellar by any means, but a pretty fun read. Looking forward to the next few issues. :up:

I picked up 1-3 and was underwhelmed, seriously this could have been done in uncanny. Also what bugs me is how can the blue girl fly if she's made of crystal? To me that would be too heavy to fly I know I'm poicking lol. Plus what the hell is up with Kenji? WTF kind of power does he have, is he a shapeshifter or what ? and how the hell is all that technology springing from his body?

I may pick up the next arc but I was expecting more from the book after reading such good reviews. Don't get me wrong Hope I actually really liked Gillen reminds me of what Peter David did to Lyla Miller. Recently all Hope's character development from the Cable series seemed to have went out the window with some writers. So I found a plus lol.

Generation_Hope_6.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #6
Written by KIERON GILLEN
Penciled by SALVADOR ESPIN
Cover by MIKE DEL MUNDO
"THE WARD," Part 1 of 3
THIS STORY WILL BE TALKED ABOUT FOR YEARS! A new light pings into existence on Cerebra. A new mutant life is out there. A new mutant life needing Generation Hope's help, before his nascent power consumes him. Can the newest team of mutants in the world save this newest mutant? If you miss this, you only have yourself to blame.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

prv7767_cov.jpg

prv7767_pg1.jpg

prv7767_pg2.jpg

prv7767_pg3.jpg

prv7767_pg4.jpg

prv7767_pg5.jpg

prv7767_pg6.jpg

prv7767_pg7.jpg

Generation Hope #4
Story by Kieron Gillen
Art by Salvador Espin, Scott Koblish
Colors by Frank Martin
Letters by Dave Sharpe
Cover by Olivier Coipel, Chris Sotomayor, Greg Land, Frank Martin [more...]
Publisher Marvel Comics
Cover Price $2.99
Release Date Wed, February 16th, 2011

Dust settles over the rubble of Tokyo. What emerges, for better or worse, will define the next generation of mutantkind. PLUS, as the survivors return to Utopia, there is a reckoning between Wolverine and Teon. One way or the other, it's another unforgettable issue of Generation Hope.

Have to say this issue which I wasn't going to pick up has got me interested although I still think these stories could have been put in the other comics instead of creating yet another X Title.

prv8018_cov.jpg

prv8018_pg1.jpg

prv8018_pg2.jpg

prv8018_pg3.jpg

prv8018_pg4.jpg

prv8018_pg5.jpg

prv8018_pg6.jpg

prv8018_pg7.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #5
Written by Kieron Gillen
Cover by DAVID LAFUENTE
Variant Cover by GREG LAND
There was an upside to rushing from nation to nation, saving suicidal or homicidal mutants from themselves. It was a distraction. Cable is still dead. Hope has lost her father. Now, with a moment to breathe, she has time to think... and HAS to think. Not least because everyone else wants to mold her in their image. In this issue, Generation Hope's future is decided.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

I'm sorry but in this day and age can Professor X really say what he said without it sounding a bit u know wrong.

I'm sorry but in this day and age can Professor X really say what he said without it sounding a bit u know wrong.

Something tells me that mysterious hand in the last page belongs to Charles.

GENHOPE008_cov.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #8
Written by KIERON GILLEN
Pencils & Cover by SALVADOR ESPIN
THE TRIAL OF PRIMAL!
Generation Hope’s resident wild man is on trial and the X-Men may lose custody. Can they get him free? Should they? Will they have a chance before he challenges the judge to a fight to the death? You have never read a comic like this one before!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

In case anyone was wondering, we might have discovered what some of the lights' codenames might be. Some of the variant covers have codenames attached to them. So far there is:

Laurie (blue-skin girl) ~ Transonic
Idie (fire and ice girl) ~ Oya
Gabriel ~ Velocidad

And judging by the preview in the post above yours Teon's name will be Primal.

Sadly, I liked the Primal that was supposed to join Generation X but never showed after his first appearance in X-Men Unlimited (forget the issue number but it dealt with Operation Zero Tolerance).

GENHOPE009_cov.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #9
Written by KIERON GILLEN
Cover by SALVADOR ESPIN
“OUT, OUT…”
This is the X-Men comic that will have people talking for years! Some candles burn twice as bright and half as long. Some candles don't get a chance to burn at all. Generation Hope discover what happens when a light goes out.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

prv8349_cov.jpg

prv8349_pg1.jpg

prv8349_pg2.jpg

prv8349_pg3.jpg

prv8349_pg4.jpg

prv8349_pg5.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #6
Written by KIERON GILLEN
Cover by MIKE DEL MUNDO
"THE WARD," Part 1 of 3
THIS STORY WILL BE TALKED ABOUT FOR YEARS! A new light pings into existence on Cerebra. A new mutant life is out there. A new mutant life needing Generation Hope's help, before his nascent power consumes him. Can the newest team of mutants in the world save this newest mutant? If you miss this, you only have yourself to blame.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

prv8656_cov.jpg

prv8656_pg1.jpg

prv8656_pg2.jpg

prv8656_pg3.jpg

prv8656_pg4.jpg

prv8656_pg5.jpg

prv8656_pg6.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #7
Written by KIERON GILLEN
Art and Cover by SALVADOR ESPIN
Hope knows that if she can just touch the seventh mutant born since M-day, she can save him. But there's an entire hospital of brain-controlled drones between her and him - and that's the least of their problems. Can Generation Hope defy the odds, defy their lack of training and even defy biology itself to succeed? Part One of Three.

GENHOPE010_cov.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #10
Written by KIERON GILLEN
Cover by RODIN ESQUETO
SCHISM TIE-IN!
Generation Hope take part in the X-Men event of 2011! The mutants of the future finally come to understand the real sad meaning of mutantkind's past as a day trip from Utopia takes a tragic, bloody turn. In the wake of SCHISM's first casualties, can Generation Hope even exist anymore?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Between this and Avenger's Academy it's interesting to see what the next generation will be like. I feel they're trying to be too angsty though...

prv8931_cov.jpg

prv8931_pg1.jpg

prv8931_pg2.jpg

prv8931_pg3.jpg

prv8931_pg4.jpg

prv8931_pg5.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #8

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Pencils & Cover by SALVADOR ESPIN

THE TRIAL OF PRIMAL!

Generation Hope’s resident wild man is on trial and the X-Men may lose custody. Can they get him free? Should they? Will they have a chance before he challenges the judge to a fight to the death? You have never read a comic like this one before!

GENHOPE011_cov.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #11
Written by Kieron Gillen
Penciled by TIM SEELEY
Cover by RODIN ESQUEJO
SCHISM TIE-IN!
The full force of SCHISM sends a rift through the heart of Utopia. If the adults don't know what to do, what chance do the inexperienced youngsters have? The decisions they make will shape the rest of their lives - if only because one choice has a chance of making that "life" thing a whole lot shorter.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

prv9249_cov.jpg

prv9249_pg1.jpg

prv9249_pg2.jpg

prv9249_pg3.jpg

prv9249_pg4.jpg

prv9249_pg5.jpg

prv9249_pg6.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #9

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Cover by SALVADOR ESPIN

“OUT, OUT...”

This is the X-Men comic that will have people talking for years! Some candles burn twice as bright and half as long. Some candles don't get a chance to burn at all. Generation Hope discover what happens when a light goes out.

GENHOPE012.jpg

GENERATION HOPE #12
Written by KIERON GILLEN
Penciled by TIM SEELEY
Cover by RODIN ESCUEJO
“HALF AS BRIGHT”
The smoke clears over Utopia. Schism is over. But there's little time for celebrations and little to actually celebrate. Who leaves? Who stays? Who joins? Who kisses who? The fallout will rupture the tightest group on the X-Side of the Marvel Universe.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"