Comics What makes the New X-Men..... X-Men?

ProfeZZor X

Master of all that is ice
Reaction score
Given it's a reason for Marvel to make more money, but what astounding feats of courage and comaraderie have these new characters done to qualify them as being "the" next generation of X-Men?.. If that's the case, shouldn't that make them the 4th generation of "new" X-Men? Especially if you coun't Xavier's failed attempt with Darwin and Vulcan's group, not to mention Colossus' and Storm's group.

Even so, I have yet to see this new group exhibit anything remotely close to what we've seen the original five do. Yes they are still new, and maybe they just need a little more time to go on a few adventures, I just don't see them surpassing Generation X's, or New Mutants accomplishments by a long shot.

They're not X-Men yet. The best title you can give them now are "X-Men in training".

Specter313 said:
They're not X-Men yet. The best title you can give them now are "X-Men in training".

Actually, Cyclops refers to them as being "The New X-Men" in the recent #190 book. I was basing this thread off of that. But yeah, I know they "technically" aren't. It's just the concious decision of Carey to use those specific words in describing them, is what's intriguing... Unless he knows something about them that we don't.

Long Live Generation X!!!(the surviving "powered" members that is..that would be..M and Husk right? Skin-dead, Synch-dead, Chamber-depowered and practically dead, Jubilee-depowered) and New Mutants forever!! Whatever happened to Mondo and Gaia, Penance and Artie from Generation X, and Skids from New Mutants? What are Karma, Magma and Moonstar doing these days? Didn't two of them get de-powered?

OutcryX said:
Long Live Generation X!!!(the surviving "powered" members that is..that would be..M and Husk right? Skin-dead, Synch-dead, Chamber-depowered and practically dead, Jubilee-depowered) and New Mutants forever!! Whatever happened to Mondo and Gaia, Penance and Artie from Generation X, and Skids from New Mutants? What are Karma, Magma and Moonstar doing these days? Didn't two of them get de-powered?
Chamber is [BLACKOUT] powered by Apocolypse now[/BLACKOUT]

Exploding Boy said:
Chamber is [blackout] powered by Apocolypse now[/blackout]

ooooo. thats great! so is he off to the mountain with Sinister, gambit and Sunfire? was he that big deformed thing? when did this happen?

edit

per wikipedia

ChamberImage.jpg

:eek:...Amazing..Chamber is a relative of Apocalypse...does this make him Egyptian?

OutcryX said:
:eek:...Amazing..Chamber is a relative of Apocalypse...does this make him Egyptian?

Probably 30th generation Egyptian.

I believe Exploding boy put the spoiler tags on his revelation for a reason Outcry :rolleyes: :p

What do this youngsters to be the New X-Men? Let's see, they have a miniature Wolverine, a Colossus wannabe, a depowered Cyclops, a telepathic mentor, and a list of dead companions longer than Magneto's underwear... yeah, I see the resemblance :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"