Official Hulk Poster!!!

looks ok, I'm just not as interested as I used to be in seeing how this film turns out. I still hold it'll be good enough but I was hoping for something more really and nothing has wowed me so far (trailer case in point). Hellboy II is starting to overtake it as my third most anticipated superhero film this summer

I haven't given up hope, I just want something soon to dazzle me!

good point, for me it runs nowhere near last (those go to the crappy looking WANTED and HANCOCK), but TDK is one, 2 is IM and 3 is HB2 with TIH running fourth

yep, exact same order as myself :up:

though to be honest TDK is well ahead of the rest

I agree. The other version has a multitude of problems, none the least of which is, well, it's a bit provocative. You may note that Banner's head is in a peculiar position, and looking down at that.
I didn't get that at all! What made your mind go there?
Plus, you have the Hulk turning his back on the war going on behind him... not exactly the message you want to send to the general public. But that's okay. Really, it is. I like hearing people blindly state they like the other version - it makes for good comedy - so let's hear 'em.

What about someone's preference makes for a blind statement? I'm not sure how that statment makes sense.

0653.jpg

there's definitely essence of the show in that poster.

there's something so..tacky about the poster. i get it, but it doesn't really work for me. at the sametime, there's not really wrong with it.

The poster is awesome and a nice homage to the Hulk's comic debut cover and the TV show, but this marketing has to get a lot more busy than that. C'mon, give us the mind blowing sh-t.

With their backs facing each other shows that they don't want anything to do with each other. Banner wants rid of Hulk and Hulk wants rid of Banner.

It also shows how Banner wants to walk away from all the destruction and is lonely whereas Hulk is ready to fight. It can also show that if Hulk and Banner are away from each other they feel really lonely since they need each other to survive.

Banner is also turning his back on The Hulk. :cwink:

You're right. My mind shouldn't have gone there. Just a little tired of critics lately and was attempting to show that, if you like the version of the poster with the Hulk facing forward, you should a.) have some good backup/reason why [don't just say "I like it better" and not expect to get challenged on it] and b.) realize it has its flaws, even more so than the version that has, in fact, been given us and decided upon by people who probably know a thing or two about what they're doing. Its obvious risqué quality aside - y'know, what other people whose imaginations extend further than the original Hulk comic which the altered version resembles may see? - it has the Hulk turning his back on the war behind him, as mentioned. But you chose to ignore that part of my post, so I guess you don't want to talk about it. Go figure.

What about someone's preference makes for a blind statement? I'm not sure how that statment makes sense.

See above. No defense of your views = blind statement. No willingness to discuss the issues = ignorance. Especially in light of the very good reasons for the poster that Sarg laid out and the very good reasons against the altered version that I laid out. Are you getting it now? Am I making sense? For the love of everything that's big & green, here's to accepting the poster we've been given and not blindly stating that a rough manip is somehow "better."

Let me preface this by saying---I am not here to add to any argument. But since my "rough manip" is the point of contention I felt I needed to say something.
To begin, I have stated a like the new poster. I'm not trying to out do any industry professional. Just merely offering a rough peek at what my take on the poster would have been. When a good interpretation of the real poster was given I quickly agreed with Sarge:
Nice take on it. I would have preferred the other way around, but like I said I like what they came up with.

I stated that it was a "rough manip" and I was just trying to see what I had envisioned. Also I gave reasons as to why I preferred the change to facing forwards. Now granted had I wanted to give more time to the picture I would have probably removed the battle scenes in the background, or at least altered them as to not give the appearance that Hulk or Banner were turning their backs on people in need. But again it was just a quick image for people to consider and I honestly had not even thought about how it would be interpreted...just wanted to quickly see what it would look like.

As you can see from looking back over the pages it's not like there were alot of people posting that my version was any better than the original. There are actually only two posts complimenting it. One stating:
I like it, but I think I like the official poster a little more.
That is a simple response and didn't require further explanation. I'm sure had he/she been asked why they like a reason would be given.

Second which seemed to be more of the focus of your post was:
Good work. I like this a bit better. It gives more of a feeling that Banner can't escape Hulk than their backs facing did.
Which did include a reason as to why they liked it. Was it a detailed explanation...no. But it was there and not a "blind statement".

You then posted:
I agree. The other version has a multitude of problems, none the least of which is, well, it's a bit provocative. You may note that Banner's head is in a peculiar position, and looking down at that. Plus, you have the Hulk turning his back on the war going on behind him... not exactly the message you want to send to the general public. But that's okay. Really, it is. I like hearing people blindly state they like the other version - it makes for good comedy - so let's hear 'em.

At first I thought you might have just been joking around, but from your last post I guess you were serious..come on provocative?? A little juvenile don't you think?

You're right. My mind shouldn't have gone there. Just a little tired of critics lately and was attempting to show that, if you like the version of the poster with the Hulk facing forward, you should a.) have some good backup/reason why [don't just say "I like it better" and not expect to get challenged on it] and b.) realize it has its flaws, even more so than the version that has, in fact, been given us and decided upon by people who probably know a thing or two about what they're doing. Its obvious risqué quality aside - y'know, what other people whose imaginations extend further than the original Hulk comic which the altered version resembles may see? - it has the Hulk turning his back on the war behind him, as mentioned. But you chose to ignore that part of my post, so I guess you don't want to talk about it. Go figure.
See above. No defense of your views = blind statement. No willingness to discuss the issues = ignorance. Especially in light of the very good reasons for the poster that Sarg laid out and the very good reasons against the altered version that I laid out. Are you getting it now? Am I making sense? For the love of everything that's big & green, here's to accepting the poster we've been given and not blindly stating that a rough manip is somehow "better."

Honestly if you're tired of critics stay off the internet...they aren't going away. But considering this is a board to discuss films, etc. then that discussion negative and positve will be here. It just seems like you were wanting to create an argument from nothing.

Not everyone is going to agree or like the same things, but I thought we were all supposed to discuss and debate...not attack. I'm sorry that's what I feel like you were doing instead of just stating "that manip doesn't work for me because..."

Again, I just felt I had to say something considering my pic was the point of contention.

Bannerless Hulk it's nothing personal. I don't know you from Adam, just felt I needed to say something.

If you look over my previous posts I do not normally get into arguments on these boards, and honestly hesitated to post for a long time because of the way I saw things go down.

Hopefully everyone can just agree to disagree and we can continue to discuss the big green B#stard respectfully.

Sorry for the long post, I will end my rant now and go back into obscurity.:word:

Understood and yeah, I guess it was a bit of a rash judgment of mine to suggest that co2's comment, "It gives more of a feeling that Banner can't escape Hulk than their backs facing did" was a blind statement. What I really meant was that such comments as his weren't being well-defensed, in light of Sarg's counterpoint... which [along with my post (until co2 took exception to it) which was me expressing frustration to anyone whom would be listening] wasn't directed at anyone specifically. As you point out, co2 merely said, "It gives more of a feeling that Banner can't escape Hulk than their backs facing did" but without explaining how. I mean, yeah, I can sit here all day & night and say this makes me feel this way or that, but what would it add to the discussion? Nothing. Thus, being irritable because of all the ogres jumping on the real poster - either here or on the front page - I felt compelled to jump on the minority view that your altered version was somehow better.

And yeah, I suppose the first part of my first response was "a little juvenile," but it still heretofore remains unaddressed, even by you. So, regardless if it was a quick manip or not, you and any others professing support for the manip are faced with defensing the fact that Banner is badly positioned - and admit the very real possibility that others in the general public whose eyes aren't framed/influenced by the original Hulk comic could see the bad positioning themselves - if you're to say it's "better" than the real poster, I reason. And then you must address the issues with the background, as you just did but which co2 didn't in ignoring that part of my post.

I would think that you understand these things, seeing what a nice exposé you provided above. I think we both agree that this is indeed "a board to discuss films." It's just that that only works when people are actually willing to discuss. Otherwise, isolating parts of posts while failing to answer the actual criticism gets to be more the sort of "attack" mode that you started to describe. Simply put, it would be good for all of us if we simply had good reasons for what the hell we say sometimes...

Nothing personal derived from your note, otherwise. You're right, for that matter. I could've just said "that manip doesn't work for me because..." but that's not my style. Or at least it wasn't at the time. Again, I'm annoyed by the critics lately. And thanks, but no, I'm not going to stay off the Internet on their behalf, because then who would be around to criticize the critics?

Not to continue this any further because I can only assume that everyone else would much rather discuss the new poster than listen to us go on about this...
Understood and yeah, I guess it was a bit of a rash judgment of mine to suggest that co2's comment, "It gives more of a feeling that Banner can't escape Hulk than their backs facing did" was a blind statement. What I really meant was that such comments as his weren't being well-defensed, in light of Sarg's counterpoint... which, along with my post (until co2 took exception to it), wasn't directed at anyone specifically. As you point out, co2 merely said, "It gives more of a feeling that Banner can't escape Hulk than their backs facing did" but without explaining how. I mean, yeah, I can sit here all day & night and say this makes me feel this way or that, but what would it add to the discussion? Nothing. Thus, being irritable because of all the ogres jumping on the real poster - either here or on the front page - I felt compelled to jump on the minority view that your altered version was somehow better.
You have a right to be irritated at the boards, not saying you don't. Trust me I read the same frustrating things as you. I don't agree that co2's explanation is any less valid then Sarge's---just not as detailed. If he'd like to elaborate I'm sure he would. I guess I just read these as conversations in the fact that he made a statement and if someone wanted to know more they'd ask. To me it's no reason to think they are not wanting to contribute.
And yeah, I suppose the first part of my first response was "a little juvenile," but it still heretofore remains unaddressed, even by you. So, regardless if it was a quick manip or not, you and any others professing support for the manip are faced with defensing the fact that Banner is badly positioned - and admit the very real possibility that others in the general public whose eyes aren't framed/influenced by the original Hulk comic could see the bad positioning themselves - if you're to say it's "better" than the real poster, I reason. And then you must address the issues with the background, as you just did but which co2 didn't in ignoring that part of my post.
Look, I hope you know I wasn't trying to call you any names or talk down to you. I get what you are saying about Banner's positioning, but just didn't feel like it required a response. Besides the fact as I said--at first I thought you were joking around. To me looking at it, they are not doing anything illict. Obviously that is not what that poster is about or what is going on. I personally don't think that people even unfamiliar with the cover of Hulk #1 would be taken back thinking Banner is servicing the Hulk.
I would think that you understand these things, seeing what a nice exposé you provided above. I think we both agree that this is indeed "a board to discuss films." It's just that that only works when people are actually willing to discuss. Otherwise, isolating parts of posts while failing to answer the actual criticism gets to be more the sort of "attack" mode that you started to describe. Simply put, it would be good for all of us if we simply had good reasons for what the hell we say at times...
Nothing personal derived from your note, otherwise. You're right, for that matter. I could've just said "that manip doesn't work for me because..." but that's not my style. Or at least it wasn't at the time. Again, I'm annoyed by the critics lately. And thanks, but no, I'm not going to stay off the Internet on their behalf, because then who would be around to criticize the critics?

Not asking you to stay off the Internet. Just stating that all of us have to put up with reading ridiculous crap, but we have to be respectful to others. And again it didn't look like you wanted that, just to argue. To me it appeared you were attacking without cause. To you it may appear that my "expose" was an attack and without cause.

Who knows anymore, I forget why I replied in the first place. Anyway, hopefully we can move on and get back on topic.
Since we are all obiviously fans of......:bh:

So what would you like to see on the additional posters we'll get for TIH?
And yes I know I am very long winded today....:yay:

Hulk is just pissed because he wanted Arizona Co. jeans and Banner bought Levi's instead.

So what would you like to see on the additional posters we'll get for TIH?
And yes I know I am very long winded today....:yay:

We're all good. I'll get off co2's case.

What would I like to see? Sheesh... I have no idea. I like to tease HULKFish that I wish they would use his designs.

Seriously though. While I really like some parts of the poster (the Hulk's huge presence and back musculature, for example), I think overall it's just a bit ordinary. The Iron Man poster is more to my liking, where you have a collage of the main actors going on. Or I like the TDK poster where you have just one object, the Joker, to focus on - and from a worm's eye view, at that. Two competing objects, such as with Banner and the Hulk, just isn't sitting well with me for some reason. Maybe they're showing too much of him, or maybe it's the jean attire he's wearing. Or maybe it's just Norton himself? I dunno.

There's a concept out there to be had... I can almost see it... but I'm not sure what it is. As someone else said, I think it's the action that's missing. Just like the trailer, we don't know what's going on - only the poster doesn't show the Abomination at all. One would think that the villain - the threat to humanity - would be important to show, but I guess not. They want to hone in on Banner and the Hulk, so that's what we have. And some tiny helicopters and stuff in the background. In a street setting. I'd totally revamp it. Leave Banner and the Hulk the main emphasis, but get images of the other main actors in there or something... not sure.

Hulk is just pissed because he wanted Arizona Co. jeans and Banner bought Levi's instead.

LOL

We're all good. I'll get off co2's case.

What would I like to see? Sheesh... I have no idea. I like to tease HULKFish that I wish they would use his designs.

Seriously though. While I really like some parts of the poster (the Hulk's huge presence and back musculature, for example), I think overall it's just a bit ordinary. The Iron Man poster is more to my liking, where you have a collage of the main actors going on. Or I like the TDK poster where you have just one object, the Joker, to focus on - and from a worm's eye view, at that. Two competing objects, such as with Banner and the Hulk, just isn't sitting well with me for some reason. Maybe they're showing too much of him, or maybe it's the jean attire he's wearing. Or maybe it's just Norton himself? I dunno.

There's a concept out there to be had... I can almost see it... but I'm not sure what it is. As someone else said, I think it's the action that's missing. Just like the trailer, we don't know what's going on - only the poster doesn't show the Abomination at all. One would think that the villain - the threat to humanity - would be important to show, but I guess not. They want to hone in on Banner and the Hulk, so that's what we have. And some tiny helicopters and stuff in the background. In a street setting. I'd totally revamp it. Leave Banner and the Hulk the main emphasis, but get images of the other main actors in there or something... not sure.

LOL

Glad we're all good.

Yeah I know what you mean regarding the poster. I like your idea for bringing in the other case members. You could maybe replace the city/chaos scene behind them with faded images of the other actors all around.

For the posters coming up, It would be cool to see some classic Hulk poses of him smashing things up. Maybe have one with him against the army, then maybe one with him against Abom. You could even have a romantic that shows Banner and Betty with the Hulk between them.

just some ideas...

It looks like things have settled down on the argument above and I'm not trying to stir the pot back up, but I do feel I have to say something. And the reason I haven't chimed in until now is that aside from when I posted last, this is the first I am seeing of this debate...because, well...I have a job. And honestly I'm not that concerned about someone's opinion on an internet message board, which is also why this post won't be excessive.
When I read Bannerless Hulk's initial post, I too thought he might be joking or simply being passive aggressive or confrontational over someone simply complimenting zerohour films' version of the original poster..because honestly, I didn't see the "provocative" elements that BH did.
The only thing I did was say was that I liked ZF's version a bit better. I didn't say it was better. I said I personally LIKED it a bit better. ..and that should have been sufficient. No one is obligated to explain their preference. But beyond that, I DID explain it anyway. And I thought I was pretty clear as to why. No need to be any more verbal about it than I was. If you would have asked me, I might have gladly expounded on it further, although I felt what I had offered was clearly sufficient.
BH may not have been directly addressing me when he made his statements, but it seemed as though he was beacuse I was the only one that expressed a preference for ZF's version. But as I said, I expressed support of my opinon originally, which is why I was rather confused by his BH's confrontation. If what he expressed about supporting people's opinions is really how he feels, then to be fair, he should have dressed down everyone who posted "I like it" in response to the original poster, because the number of post with that limited sentiment are legion compared to otherwise. Look back through the thread and you will see. I think that demanding people MUST give clear, and excessive support of simply a preference on movie poster is a little Nazi-ish. The Mods are the ones that make the rules here.
I want to throw in that I never said I disliked the original poster, I simply said that I PREFERRED Zero's version. And I do have to express that I am also impressed with his objectivity, fair attitude and level head in that face of someone making implications about his version of the artwork.

It looks like things have settled down on the argument above and I'm not trying to stir the pot back up, but I do feel I have to say something. And the reason I haven't chimed in until now is that aside from when I posted last, this is the first I am seeing of this debate...because, well...I have a job. And honestly I'm not that concerned about someone's opinion on an internet message board, which is also why this post won't be excessive.
When I read Bannerless Hulk's initial post, I too thought he might be joking or simply being passive aggressive or confrontational over someone simply complimenting zerohour films' version of the original poster..because honestly, I didn't see the "provocative" elements that BH did.
The only thing I did was say was that I liked ZF's version a bit better. I didn't say it was better. I said I personally LIKED it a bit better. ..and that should have been sufficient. No one is obligated to explain their preference. But beyond that, I DID explain it anyway. And I thought I was pretty clear as to why. No need to be any more verbal about it than I was. If you would have asked me, I might have gladly expounded on it further, although I felt what I had offered was clearly sufficient.
BH may not have been directly addressing me when he made his statements, but it seemed as though he was beacuse I was the only one that expressed a preference for ZF's version. But as I said, I expressed support of my opinon originally, which is why I was rather confused by his BH's confrontation. If what he expressed about supporting people's opinions is really how he feels, then to be fair, he should have dressed down everyone who posted "I like it" in response to the original poster, because the number of post with that limited sentiment are legion compared to otherwise. Look back through the thread and you will see. I think that demanding people MUST give clear, and excessive support of simply a preference on movie poster is a little Nazi-ish. The Mods are the ones that make the rules here.
I want to throw in that I never said I disliked the original poster, I simply said that I PREFERRED Zero's version. And I do have to express that I am also impressed with his objectivity, fair attitude and level head in that face of someone making implications about his version of the artwork.
What's wrong with expressing your views? I think the fact that people have been negative towards a majority of Hulk related issues. I think it could've been a knee jerk reaction. Using the term Nazi-ish is a bit excessive and not very PC. No one is forcing you to accept views, but challenging it which is normal here. Stick to your guns as we all do, BH means no harm and is as passionate a Hulk fan as I've ever seen. There is just too much drama on these boards. Peace dude.

What's wrong with expressing your views? I think the fact that people have been negative towards a majority of Hulk related issues. I think it could've been a knee jerk reaction. Using the term Nazi-ish is a bit excessive and not very PC. No one is forcing you to accept views, but challenging it which is normal here. Stick to your guns as we all do, BH means no harm and is as passionate a Hulk fan as I've ever seen. There is just too much drama on these boards. Peace dude.

Oh I never said anything against expressing views...at all! That's what this place is for, right? It's a community where people have the freedom to do just that. I was just saying you can't state that there is some sort of rule about it...that by chance only applies to those of a different opinion.
I agree, there is too much drama here sometimes. It should be a place to have a discussions, a constructive debate and just generally share in the enjoyment of our affinity for a particular subject..being The Incredible Hulk film here. Let's just have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"