Official Marvel Comics Preview Thread

Eh, I wouldn't read too much into it, and I read too much into everything. I didn't even notice it until just now.

Not that it would stop me from bringing this ammo up vehemently whenever I feel like btching about him. Sweet Buffy, he hates the fans:dry:.

I think Buffy tastes like strawberries.

They think its a shot at the fans.:huh:

I could see that. Either way he wins. If it was a real slight he can get away with saying it wasn't and at the same time make them look like paranoid whiners while still pulling one over them.

Am I the only one that thinks that Yu practically carbon copied McFarlane's Spidey pose? :o

Awesome preview for Immortal Iron Fist. :up:

Wait, is Echo writing the e-mail to DD? :confused:

FINAL PANEL OF CIVIL WAR #7!!!!!!!!!!!!!

663new_storyimage0713105_full.jpg
Well [BLACKOUT] that was a bit of a letdown...:csad:[/BLACKOUT]

Re: New Avengers & Ronin...I thought when it was first revealed he/she was really Echo that Bendis had changed that after fans had already guessed his big surprise a very long way out. Those preview pages, where it's hard to avoid thinking he is calling every fan who took a guess at the mystery an idiot, do confirm in my eyes that making Echo Ronin was about the only thing he think of that the fans hadn't already covered: To me they read as an afterthought explanation rather than a really logical one (one that could that have been provided when she was first 'revealed' if this had truly been the grand plan all along)
And though I know they have said there's no way they can change things like that I think that's rubbish too: The original death of Jean Grey stands as an example of a major plot change being made within few weeks of the final book being published, so when Bendis had over a year from the initial announcement of this new 'Ronin' to think of something else, that excuse doesn't wash at all.

On that Civil War final panel...what is that, a spaceship or something?

FINAL PANEL OF CIVIL WAR #7!!!!!!!!!!!!!

663new_storyimage0713105_full.jpg
Well [blackout] that was a bit of a letdown...:csad:[/blackout]

You need to relax.Oh no,the last panel doesn't give up the story and there's no fighting in it!Damn it sucks!

I love the introductory captions for the Illuminati (especially how they keep all the characters' adjectives, ie, Leader of the Uncanny X-Men/The Invincible Iron Man).

Also, Reed teleported Strange's astral projection?

Both the Immortal Iron Fist and Illuminiti previews are awesome. I can't wait to get them next week. :D

I love the introductory captions for the Illuminati (especially how they keep all the characters' adjectives, ie, Leader of the Uncanny X-Men/The Invincible Iron Man).

Also, Reed teleported Strange's astral projection?

Nah, Reed says they 'haven't gone anywhere', the gems he does have are showing them all a vision of where the remaining ones are (in a huge universal map kinda way).

Figured I'd resurrect this thread rather than post previews in all the individual comics' threads:

CBR's Marvel previews for 1/2/09

"Avengers/Invaders" #7
"Avengers: The Initiative" #20
"Captain America" #45
"Fantastic Four" #562
"Fantastic Four Cosmic-Sized Special"
"Guardians of the Galaxy" #8
"Incognito" #1
"Incredible Hercules" #124
"Kick-Ass" #5
"Marvel Adventures Fantastic Four" #43
"Marvels: Eye of the Camera" #2
"New Exiles Annual" #1
"Punisher War Journal" #26
"Punisher: War Zone" #4
"Ultimate X-Men" #99
"Venom: Dark Origin" #5
"War Machine" #1
"What If? Secret Wars"
"Wolverine" #70
"Wolverine: Manifest Destiny" #3
"X-Force" #10
"X-Men: Magneto Testament" #4
"X-Men: World's Apart" #3
"Young X-men" #9

Millar killed Jubilee, color me unshocked.

Of course not, still it's a Jubilee appearance in a major comic and, she's brutally killed.

Jubilee can't catch a break. Dead in Wolverine, Cancelled in New Warriors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"