The official marvel preview pages thread

hippy fascist

Avenger
Reaction score
I thought we could create a thread to post preview pages in whenever a new set comes out. I myself have been guilty of creating a few too many of these myself in the past but I reckon by creating one universal thread it keeps the boards tidier. Anyway...

what if... wolverine enemy of the state

WHATIF-coverPRINT.jpg

Wolverine%20What%20if%20page%2001.jpg
Wolverine%20What%20if%20page%2002.jpg

Wolverine%20What%20if%20page%2003.jpg

Wolverine%20What%20if%20page%2008.jpg

Looks good :up: Although having not read the mini yet I can't quite get my head round magneto and cap working together to hunt mutants :huh:

Ultimate power #1

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Ben Grimm with a fleshwound...wtf is that all about!

Ultimate Power looks cool. I'm not interested in revisiting the Enemy of the State arc. The art looks good though.

KingOfDreams said:
Ultimate Power looks cool. I'm not interested in revisiting the Enemy of the State arc. The art looks good though.

I'm still freaked out by that last ultimatew power page. How the **** do you knock a chung out of ben! :wow: :wow: :wow:

hippy fascist said:
I'm still freaked out by that last ultimatew power page. How the **** do you knock a chung out of ben! :wow: :wow: :wow:

hey, wouldn't be the first time

Yeah, he had a crapload of chunks knocked out of him during Waid's run on FF. That's not Ultimate, but still...

I really have no interest in Ultimate Power, yet Land's art is so good...I almost want to read it. :(

CW_YA_Runaways_3.jpg

CIVWARYAR003_int-1.jpg

CIVWARYAR003_int-2.jpg

CIVWARYAR003_int-3.jpg

CIVWARYAR003_int-4.jpg

CIVWARYAR003_int-5.jpg

CIVWARYAR003_int-6.jpg

best civil war tie-in so far and it looks like it's only gonna get better!!!!

Land's art is starting to lose the appeal for me.. Iunno why, but eh..

hippy fascist said:
Frontline number 6!

05_CIVWARFL006.jpg

06_CIVWARFL006.jpg

Goliath? How does that work timeline wise?

Dude, look at the background, clearly its the fight from CW #3-4.

Yeah, it looks like it is; except that they put in Nighthawk instead of the Falcon.

Yeah, Nighthawk was in #4 at the base, I just assumed he fought Stilt-Man or something off panel.

XwolverineX said:
Land's art is starting to lose the appeal for me.. Iunno why, but eh..
Yay, another convert. I'm not a big Land fan.

YA&R looks good. It would've been better if Vision Jr. just kicked Marvel Boy's ass right from the get-go, since he's clearly superior to bug-boy in every way, but I guess he hasn't quite developed the elder Vision's passion for badassery yet.

Has Celldog seen those Frontline pages yet? Won't we get a speech on how they replaced a black character with a rich, pampered white boy?:o

Who's getting replaced? I don't want to read through all that microscopic text.

Tropico said:
Has Celldog seen those Frontline pages yet? Won't we get a speech on how they replaced a black character with a rich, pampered white boy?:o

Yellowjacket? Oooh hes racist as hell.

He beats women too, you know. Especially black women. Man, does Hank ever love to mix some purple into that brown. :(

You know, in Avengers #238, Hank Pym made Bill Foster pick the cotton out of the Tylenol bottle.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Who's getting replaced? I don't want to read through all that microscopic text.

Those weed sessions are definitely killing a vast number of your brain cells.:o:( If you look at the pictures you'll see that Falcon got replaced with Nighthawk in the factory fight/trap. Get it?:dry:

YA/R #3 is the best preview from the bunch. The "white light" thing allows Marvel-Boy to run at speeds on par with motorcycles or even aircraft, so naturally that's superior than pretty much all of the teen heroes there aside for Speed, and he had the element of surprise. Morrison's Marvel-Boy wasn't a pushover of an opponent, being able to defeat a cadre of enemies (albeit he still had his Kree-tech). Still not sure if Xavin is really "dead" (Skrulls can supposedly regenerate now, as Crusader from MTU #24 was able to survive a far worse wound than getting his neck broken, and he wasn't anything beyond a "normal" Skrull), but we'll have to see. That fight definately looks like it'll be hardcore.

Obviously Marvel-Boy's gotten training on how to use his "white run" mode to fight, because in his mini all he could use it for was running. Not good. Lord knows anyone who's read FLASH knows that a competant fighter with super speed is very dangerous. Just in comics, especially Marvel, they rarely ARE competant. So he is definately a challenge so far.

FRONTLINE #6 looks okay, and I may give ULTIMATE POWER a shot after all, if only for the action.

But man...YA/R #3 is kickin' arse. Definately one of the best things to come out of Civil War.

Tropico said:
Those weed sessions are definitely killing a vast number of your brain cells.:o:( If you look at the pictures you'll see that Falcon got replaced with Nighthawk in the factory fight/trap. Get it?:dry:
Oh, I was looking at the Robbie scene.

Also, shut up, jerk. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"