• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Official Marvel Comics Preview Thread

Eh, I wouldn't read too much into it, and I read too much into everything. I didn't even notice it until just now.

Not that it would stop me from bringing this ammo up vehemently whenever I feel like btching about him. Sweet Buffy, he hates the fans:dry:.

I think Buffy tastes like strawberries.

They think its a shot at the fans.:huh:

I could see that. Either way he wins. If it was a real slight he can get away with saying it wasn't and at the same time make them look like paranoid whiners while still pulling one over them.

Am I the only one that thinks that Yu practically carbon copied McFarlane's Spidey pose? :o

Awesome preview for Immortal Iron Fist. :up:

Wait, is Echo writing the e-mail to DD? :confused:

FINAL PANEL OF CIVIL WAR #7!!!!!!!!!!!!!

663new_storyimage0713105_full.jpg
Well [BLACKOUT] that was a bit of a letdown...:csad:[/BLACKOUT]

Re: New Avengers & Ronin...I thought when it was first revealed he/she was really Echo that Bendis had changed that after fans had already guessed his big surprise a very long way out. Those preview pages, where it's hard to avoid thinking he is calling every fan who took a guess at the mystery an idiot, do confirm in my eyes that making Echo Ronin was about the only thing he think of that the fans hadn't already covered: To me they read as an afterthought explanation rather than a really logical one (one that could that have been provided when she was first 'revealed' if this had truly been the grand plan all along)
And though I know they have said there's no way they can change things like that I think that's rubbish too: The original death of Jean Grey stands as an example of a major plot change being made within few weeks of the final book being published, so when Bendis had over a year from the initial announcement of this new 'Ronin' to think of something else, that excuse doesn't wash at all.

On that Civil War final panel...what is that, a spaceship or something?

FINAL PANEL OF CIVIL WAR #7!!!!!!!!!!!!!

663new_storyimage0713105_full.jpg
Well [blackout] that was a bit of a letdown...:csad:[/blackout]

You need to relax.Oh no,the last panel doesn't give up the story and there's no fighting in it!Damn it sucks!

I love the introductory captions for the Illuminati (especially how they keep all the characters' adjectives, ie, Leader of the Uncanny X-Men/The Invincible Iron Man).

Also, Reed teleported Strange's astral projection?

Both the Immortal Iron Fist and Illuminiti previews are awesome. I can't wait to get them next week. :D

I love the introductory captions for the Illuminati (especially how they keep all the characters' adjectives, ie, Leader of the Uncanny X-Men/The Invincible Iron Man).

Also, Reed teleported Strange's astral projection?

Nah, Reed says they 'haven't gone anywhere', the gems he does have are showing them all a vision of where the remaining ones are (in a huge universal map kinda way).

Figured I'd resurrect this thread rather than post previews in all the individual comics' threads:

CBR's Marvel previews for 1/2/09

"Avengers/Invaders" #7
"Avengers: The Initiative" #20
"Captain America" #45
"Fantastic Four" #562
"Fantastic Four Cosmic-Sized Special"
"Guardians of the Galaxy" #8
"Incognito" #1
"Incredible Hercules" #124
"Kick-Ass" #5
"Marvel Adventures Fantastic Four" #43
"Marvels: Eye of the Camera" #2
"New Exiles Annual" #1
"Punisher War Journal" #26
"Punisher: War Zone" #4
"Ultimate X-Men" #99
"Venom: Dark Origin" #5
"War Machine" #1
"What If? Secret Wars"
"Wolverine" #70
"Wolverine: Manifest Destiny" #3
"X-Force" #10
"X-Men: Magneto Testament" #4
"X-Men: World's Apart" #3
"Young X-men" #9

Millar killed Jubilee, color me unshocked.

Of course not, still it's a Jubilee appearance in a major comic and, she's brutally killed.

Jubilee can't catch a break. Dead in Wolverine, Cancelled in New Warriors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"