Official Pre-Op Dwight Casting Thread!!

Nebins said:
I've never read the comic but loved the movie so here's my question. Why does Dwight look different and how different does he look?

the dwight you saw in the first sin city movie was dwight after he had plastic surgery to give his look a complete overhaul so he would not be recognised as you will find out he does a pretty violent deed (a few of them actually). He looks pretty different pre-op he's bald for a start, has a much more chiseled face, with defined cheek bones, and this may be me but because of the shadowing and inking of the comics he almost looks black.

Clive for Dwight, Im sure they can do the look right with everything we have theses days in technology. Plus I hate change and ill be mad if they changed the actor from SC1. Clive for Dwight

gvcool2 said:
Now we all know dwight will be appearing in the next movie as he is bascially the protagonist of ADTKF but unless they can use some major (& i mean major) prostethics on Clive Owen, I can't see him playing the character again.

So on that note this thread is created for everyone to post their ideas on who should be the Pre-Op Dwight, post pictures of your chosen actor as well.

"X-MEN 3" proved you can do anything with CGI to make a person look younger, or different. So I see them CGI-ing Clive Owen.

NinjaTurtleFan said:
"X-MEN 3" proved you can do anything with CGI to make a person look younger, or different. So I see them CGI-ing Clive Owen.
good point, especially given as much CGI as they used on the first Sin City movie...

Mr. Credible said:
can someone post a pic of "pre-op" dwight?

dw2pg.gif

Obvioulsy pre-op is the bald one.

i have said this countless times concerning this topic and i guess i'll say it again. in my opinion,pre-op dwight looks less natural than post-op dwight. honestly,if people don't know the history of dwight except for the fact that he got his face changed, i bet they'll think pre-op dwight is instead post-op dwight and vice versa. so for those who say it'll be hard to make him look "natural" should probably think about that.

also,no one should play dwight except for clive owen. no matter how many similar actors you get to replace him it'll never work for one reason and one reason only, the eyes. dwight was unrecognizable by everyone when he changed his face except to manute who looked passed his new face and into his eyes. in sin city, clive gave us a glimpse at how dark dwight really is by how dead he looked in the eyes. dwight must have death in his eyes with both faces and clive is the only one that can give the character that justice now.

i have a feeling that they will tweak the storyline so taht Dwight undergoes the surgery earlier on in the film so that we see more of him Post op because thats what the audience is used to seeing fomr the first film.

Draw4u said:
i have a feeling that they will tweak the storyline so taht Dwight undergoes the surgery earlier on in the film so that we see more of him Post op because thats what the audience is used to seeing fomr the first film.
i'm not so sure about that... one of the major issues with the first film was that they were trying to stay as perfectly close to the source material as possible... i'd be surprised to see them take much license with the sequel... most likely, IMO, they'll do it very much like the first one...

who knows, though? we might be surprised!

Draw4u said:

that wouldn't make much sense at all because even if they tweak the storyline a little it would lose the whole idea of the story that he changed his face because

Spoiler:

he killed Ava/Damien and people will be after him

Also even if they were to have the surgery near the beginning we would still need a small part for an actor, thus meaning that either way an actor would be needed to play a pre-op dwight

It will play out nearly panel for panel. The first was more a translation than an adaptation, and that is what makes it so good. I for one am very interested to see the new story arc that Frank has written especially for the film, if he adds a bit more to each film he should have enough material to pump out another book.

One can hope.

And since all signs point to Clive Owen being signed on for the sequel (and most likely under contract to do so) I think it is a safe bet that he is playing both Pre and Post-op Dwight

Just keep it with Owen, for the voice and everything

Yeah, Clive Owen with a bad nose and maybe brow/cheek prosthetic will be perfect! :D

I'm freaking excited as **** to see marv and dwight going at it with all those body guards, will look awesome on screen

Clive Owen only needs a bald cap and a little make up. You saw how good the Marv prosthetics looked.

clive's going to need alot more than a bald cap & a little make up

And besides, Ava Lord recognized him after his surgery. It was "his eyes" that were still the same. So it's gotta be Clive. Nothing like a little makeup to do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"