Sin City: A Dame to Kill For ... News Thread

joshbrolinsincity2.jpg

All Brolin needs to do to become unrecognizable is be in black-and-white?

It's the buzz cut hair and lack of mustache and the more prominent looking lines on his forehead, that made me not recognize Josh Brolin at first. Because I'm use to Brolin looking like this in No Country for Old Men:
no20country20for20old20.jpg

In Planet Terror:
marleysheltoninunascena.jpg

On Saturday Night Live, resembling Green Arrow:
tumblrm4eo5r7oxj1qzbcrr.gif

Etc.

Last edited:
Jessica Alba explained, “When we actually got the start date and I was there on the set it was like a dream. I was like, ‘Am I really here? Are we really here? OK, just making sure.’ So yeah, it was surreal and I ran into Rosario [Dawson] and for all of us it’s really cool. The first was like open the doors and this has been, certainly as an artist, the best experience. Mine is an original story so there wasn’t a lot to base it off of, but Frank [Miller] has been drawing it. So it’s just crazy. It was neat to see their process, Robert and Frank’s, and their collaboration and what they inspire from each other and get out of each other and what they’re creating. It’s really like the 2.0 version of Sin City and it’s pretty amazing.”

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/jessica-alba-talks-sin-city-2

Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s part in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For has also already wrapped. “Yeah, we shot it already. It went so great,” he explained. “Robert Rodriguez is just a delightful human being. He’s got so much creativity pouring out of him. He’s got a painting studio set up next to where we shoot so that when there’s downtime he encourages people to just go paint. How cool is that? So cool.”

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a cocky gambler Johnny, and filmed opposite Julia Garner as a “young stripper.” They are both featured in a new story by Frank Miller called The Long, Bad Night.

The tale follows a gambler named Johnny as he “comes in and tries to beat the biggest villain in Sin City at his own game.” That doesn’t quite work out as planned, and things go bad very quickly. “You have to start with someone very likable so that you’re like, ‘No! Not him, not him,’” Robert Rodriguez said.

http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/joseph-gordon-levitt-confirms-hes-already-wrapped-finished-his-role-for-sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for-79997/

Last edited:
Cant believe its taken this long to get together but man, I cant wait for this sequel now, the cast they have got are superb. Although I wish a few of the re-castings that havent been necessary wouldnt have happened, but hey, they have, lets see what happens.

I didn't quite catch that it was Brolin at first either. Reminds me of the fairly minor tweaks to Benicio del Toro as Jackie Boy (minor in comparison to Mickey Rourke at the least) completely transforming him. I wonder if he'll do an impression of Clive Owen's Dwight, since he seems to be fairly apt at impressions.

Rosario Dawson said, "It was fantastic (filming Sin City: A Dame to Kill For). I’m really excited for the film. I think that it is great that we waited this long to do it because there is all new technology to play with now and it's gonna have us revisiting these characters and this world again in a whole new riveting way, just as we did then.

I’m wondering whats going to come out of it, when you think of 300 and all this stuff that came out after the first one, what this is gonna inspire."
http://www.iamrogue.com/news/movie-news/item/8468-iar-exclusive-rosario-dawson-talks-sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for.html
[YT]_IwLNTK6Ca8[/YT]

Last edited:
I'm impossibly excited about this movie. The first one, in my opinion, is one of the coolest and most unique films ever made. I am thoroughly looking forward to this.

Fingers crossed for a trilogy.

Juno Temple has talked about her experience filming Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.

“That was fun! I was shocked by that. And working with someone like Robert Rodriguez, he’s such a liberated director. He’s in this room, which is all green screen, and it’s just extraordinary being in there because this whole world is coming to life.

And I got to do all my stuff with Ray Liotta, who is a guy that I’ve been watching since I was 14, in some of the best movies, ever. He was just so brilliant. I only got to shoot that for like 17 hours, but I just had a ball. Oh, yeah! I auditioned for it three months before I found out, so when I got the call, my jaw dropped. I was at the pub with my boyfriend and his friends, and literally got the phone call, stepped outside and was like, 'Woah!' And I had to get on a plane the next day.

It was crazy! That’s what’s so amazing about this whole world. You are an artist and you believe what you believe, and then you meet all these other people that are artists and your worlds clash together and it becomes this crazy painting. It’s so great!

I love this business. Sometimes it’s bloody lonely and sometimes it’s really grueling, and you just want to be able to sleep, but you have to get up at 5 am the next day, but I’ve never felt more rewarded by anything, other than family stuff, like being proud of my parents and my brothers, who are just the most extraordinary people on the planet. But, there are so many things about this industry that I really genuinely love.”

http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/dark-knight-rises-star-juno-temple-talks-sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for-calls-robert-rodriguez-a-liberated-director-35833/

Juno Temple also said, "That's the great thing about the Sin City movies, each little slot is incredibly meaningful, and each character has their own moment. That was such an exciting thing to be a part of, because each story is almost like it's own little story within itself. Also, to get to work with Robert Rodriguez was bad-ass, man. He's got this whole world he's [Frank Miller's] created down there. He makes it happen so quickly, and there's so much green screen involved. He has this complete vision of everything that's going on. It was mesmerizing working with him. It's so cool, getting to work with these different directors, and seeing these wonderful universes that they create. It's so cool to be a part of all these different things." Juno Temple also confirmed that all of her scenes are with Ray Liotta. "Yeah, yeah. It was all with Ray." Juno Temple also confirmed that she is Sally, the mistress of Joey [Ray Liotta], both are new characters.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusive-juno-temple-talks-sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for

Joseph Gordon-Levitt said, "It's interesting. They wanted to have a movie where fans of the books would still be able to look forward to something new and unexpected, so they added a story. I remember being really intrigued by that and I was really looking forward to, ‘Oh that will be so interesting to have the actual comics to refer to as an actor' but no I didn't. I had a ball doing that, I loved doing that. I mean, Robert Rodriguez is a guy whose movies I've liked for a long time and he has creativity pouring out of him. I saw Bruce [Willis] and Mickey [Rourke] and I have a scene together, and Jessica [Alba]. I was so stoked."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/11/joseph-gordon-levitt-talks-sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for

Ray Liotta said, "I did something in Sin City, the sequel to that (Sin City: A Dame to Kill For). I play a guy who’s cheating on his wife with somebody."

http://collider.com/ray-liotta-iceman-muppets-2-sin-city-2-interview/

Joseph Gordon-Levitt said, “Lady Gaga is in a scene in it, and I gotta say she did a really good job, like she’s a great actress. And I didn’t know that! You know she came in and I was like ‘OK sure, they’re having a huge pop star do a scene in the movie, I understand.’ But then she came in and like, nailed it! She had her character down, and she was like a total pro, and did a great job, I was really impressed.”

http://www.justjared.com/2013/08/28/lady-gaga-makes-appearance-in-sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"