Official Supreme Power talkback thread

Could someone help me out here with the chronology of the whole Supreme Power saga? I've read the three Supreme Power trades as well as the Nighthawk mini. Do those books, plus the Hyperion mini, lead straight into Squadron Supreme? Or is there more reading I should do?

yes they do,although the doc spectrum mini happens very early in the series.I wouldent call it essentail but its still a good read,lets you knoe hes no pushover.

Cool, thanks for the info. Two more questions : Squadron Supreme was a title/team before, correct? Is this title kinda like an "Ultimate" version of these characters? Secondly, were these characters originally intended to be a parody/rip-off of DC characters? I know it's probably been talked about quite a bit, but I'm kinda in the dark about the actual relationship between SS and JLA.

The Question said:
Oh. Well, I don't think it was meant to mean a sexual atraction. More like Burbank being the classic "predetor," and Inertai being a former "prey," and them having to work together.
I don't know, some girls flirt with that give and take that is going on between Emil and Inertia....

Sun_Down said:
Cool, thanks for the info. Two more questions : Squadron Supreme was a title/team before, correct? Is this title kinda like an "Ultimate" version of these characters? Secondly, were these characters originally intended to be a parody/rip-off of DC characters? I know it's probably been talked about quite a bit, but I'm kinda in the dark about the actual relationship between SS and JLA.

yes there was a book before,the orgins and powers were a bit different but pretty much the same team.Yes they are based on dc characters and are way better.Is it an ultimate version,sure you can say that,its extremly realistic,in the early issues we see past presidents and such and the gadjets and tech arent comic book at all as far as it goes.There isnt really a relationship between the jla and ss but if they met the dc u would be soaked in all kinds of blood.Also,just so you know,dc used the avengers as villians to the jlu in a similar move to marvel,the characters werent as cool though.

The latest issue of Squadron Supreme was awesome. Hyperion vs. Redstone and Nighthawk gets back involved with things. A much better issue, in my opinion. It's unfortunate that Gary Frank is leaving the book. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"