Old Birds of Prey Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Star is Born is a WB film. They know for months and months now that she knocked that out of the park, a home run performance going by all the reviews and reactions. They literally have her in their ''house'', so it makes sense to me. I for one think she might even be nominated for that Oscar, so not bad at all from a suit perspective.

KIrby resembles Gaga to me tho. lol
Yeah, my friend actually turned to me and asked if she was Lady Gaga when she first showed up in Fallout. There's a definite resemblance there.

Honestly, I'm not entirely opposed to Gaga as one of the BoP leads. I just don't think she'd want it. She wouldn't be the "star" of this one, and it's not like it would up her acting street cred or anything.

I think the only way that Green Lantern Corps movie gets made is if Tom Cruise signs on. The stars have a lot of pull on these DC films. Margot is basically pulling the strings on this movie.

Is Cruise a serious candidate for GLC, or is it just fan speculation?

Gaga is like 31 and can act. If she can play a badass and handle the physical side of the role as well, which I have every reason to believe she can given her background, I don’t see the issue with her playing a version of Black Canary, especially if they focus on her singing. What’s the issue exactly, that she’s not conventionally attractive?

Huntress is a bit more of a stretch, but I can see that working too. She looks good with black hair.

Last edited:
I don't know how I feel about Lady Gaga potentially being cast... DC doesn't need the kind of uproar her casting would surely cause, though it'd certainly get them some publicity.

I really don't see any problem with Gaga as Black Canary.

Gaga could be great.

2015+Vanity+Fair+Oscar+Party+0RDJYLqgzH8l.jpg

Lady+Gaga

And as for Ollie..

asib.jpg

Last edited:
I've read somewhere that Gaga suffers from chronic pain. Last year she even had to cancel a tour because of it.

And yes, I'm aware that stunt doubles exist, but still. Black Canary and Huntress are very physically demanding roles.

Last edited:
And yes, I'm aware that stunt doubles exist, but still. Black Canary and Huntress are very physically demanding roles.
Huntress is do-able with a stunt double in practically every scene.

Suicide Squad should take elements from that Green Arrow: Escape From Supermax script and stick Bradley Cooper as Green Arrow in there. I’d imagine his voice work for Marvel doesn’t preclude him from working for DC
We’re getting Black Canary, GA shouldn’t be far behind

Huntress is do-able with a stunt double in practically every scene.
Yeah but let's be real, WB is not going to hire one of the most famous singers in the world to play the character who can't sing.

Yeah but let's be real, WB is not going to hire one of the most famous singers in the world to play the character who can't sing.

There's nothing to preclude any one of these characters from having a singing talent. Comics BC didn't even have that career until a few years back when everyone knew her as a world-class fighter with a shrieking power.

Bring on Gaga. I think she can do a job.

Well, when you put it like that... :funny:
Although I guess that could allow for a few jokes at her own expence...:hmm

Last edited:
Bradley Cooper as Green Arrow in there. I’d imagine his voice work for Marvel doesn’t preclude him from working for DC

2019:

“Hey Brad!”

“Bradley.”

“Bradley, whatever. So, congrats on the Oscar noms!”

“Wins”

“Anything you say! Hey, have you thought about directing again? Here at Marvel we have a big science fiction epic in need of a director and wouldn’t you know it... you’re already in the cast!”

“...”

Gaga as a superhero.....there is a character that Marvel has...her name is Dazzler...nuff said. Keep her away from my Canary.

There's nothing to preclude any one of these characters from having a singing talent. Comics BC didn't even have that career until a few years back when everyone knew her as a world-class fighter with a shrieking power.
Tell that to the people making this movie, they're the ones (allegedly) looking to cast someone who can sing as Canary. :hehe:

I think Gaga would welcome the chance to play roles that don't box her into the singing category.

Does she want to keep acting or does she want to primarily focus on music? Because if it’s the latter, she might not mind being the “it girl” for characters who are required to sing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"