OLD Green Lantern HBO Max Series Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea I can see that.she should get an increased profile with into the heights. plus its a wb project too. did this show actually start filming or well production yet.Hope they dont do a sandman and instead announce the main cast soon.

Well if that description's to be believed, it looks like we're getting pre-villain Sinestro. Ok I am all for seeing Sinestro's downfall done on TV - I think it's the perfect medium to do it justice, tbh....but Sinestro's downfall without Hal Jordan??? That's gonna be a lot harder for me to get on board with, tbh.

They may only use him in flashbacks before he went full villain. Would be a nice way to tie the show and movie together, if they use the same character at different points in their life.

Classic WB, putting the cart before the horse. “Don’t worry guys! We’ll tie everything together in future movies, TV shows, etc.!” Where have I heard that before?

right so filming in summer I would imagine.Hope this series is a hit.

The only casting I’m really invested is Jessica Cruz. Rosa Salazar is my top pick to play Jessica. I think she would knock it out of the park.

Last edited:
I could see Kyle or even a younger Hal maybe, but real trouble seeing him as Guy
To be fair, if AHS is good for anything, it gets to show the range of the lead actors from season to season. And the first time I ever saw Finn, he was playing the dorkiest little sociopath alive, so I think he can pull of Guy’s... quirks. And in fact, I’m actually happy that they didn’t just give him one of the blandly good looking roles.

I just hope hair and make-up does their part on this one.

I love this, I think he's a strong actor. I haven't seen him in any smug roles, but it's not hard to imagine him as Guy for some reason. Annoyingly pretty can easily be turned into dukey, and he's got that big ol' jaw. I hope they don't hold back on the hair.

This show still sounds like a silly fanboy suggestion. "Imagine if they did Green Lantern on HBO!" Crazy that it's really happening.

Wittrock is a decent get for them, Berlanti must be beside himself; he has the looks that Berlanti likes plus he's a cut above most of the actors Berlanti would have worked with previously.

This casting is jarring as hell for me from a visual standpoint. Gardner should be nowhere near this good-looking. I was hoping for a David Harbour type.

Ha! The last time we saw any live action Green Lantern on tv, it was a Guy Gardner with dark hair!

E22BE902-7B94-45BB-BFD9-5C2E4150F36B.jpeg B0270E9C-C48B-42E9-8C72-53250ECF2B77.jpeg 2B26E74C-8CF2-445B-A399-B6F738D49CFF.jpeg

This casting is jarring as hell for me from a visual standpoint. Gardner should be nowhere near this good-looking. I was hoping for a David Harbour type.
What were you expecting? It's Berlanti. :oldrazz:

Weird casting, at first glance, but thinking about it, he could do it easily

Ladies and gentlemen, we have casting!

On the one hand, he’s a great get. But... Guy should be uglier.

Despite not looking a damn thing like Guy, I’m ok with this. Partially because I’m sick of seeing Wittrock fancast for characters like Dick Grayson or Superman, as I feel despite being a good actor, he just has too much of a smarmy vibe....which is perfect for Guy.

So I guess that report about the Lantern line-up from before (and the whole “Lanterns of different decades” concept )was accurate. Can’t say I’m thrilled about that, tbh. I get why we can’t have Hal or John, but I wish we’d at least get Kyle. Oh well. Nice to finally have some forward motion at least. Now gimme the Jessica Cruz casting, please!

Despite not looking a damn thing like Guy, I’m ok with this. Partially because I’m sick of seeing Wittrock fancast for characters like Dick Grayson or Superman, as I feel despite being a good actor, he just has too much of a smarmy vibe....which is perfect for Guy.

So I guess that report about the Lantern line-up from before (and the whole “Lanterns of different decades” concept )was accurate. Can’t say I’m thrilled about that, tbh. I get why we can’t have Hal or John, but I wish we’d at least get Kyle. Oh well. Nice to finally have some forward motion at least. Now gimme the Jessica Cruz casting, please!
To be fair, we don’t know for sure that we won’t.

I see the Snyder fans are being very Snyder fan-y about this.

Hopefully Wittrock is able to rock the MOE HOWARD haircut.
That's what matters most to me. :D

Moe.png

I see the Snyder fans are being very Snyder fan-y about this.

Yeah and im starting to find it harder and harder to keep my mouth shut on their constant obnoxious behaviour.

Finn is a great actor, so this casting gives me some hope. I’d rather he was playing Hal but I’m sure he can pull off Guy. Curious to see who they cast as Alan.

Oh, not a choice I was expecting but I think he’s super talented and he will be perfect for this so I’m very excited. I just saw him in Judy and he was really good

Did I hear somewhere that the plan for this series is to have each episode focus on one Lantern? If so that’d be just like the Emerald Knights animated movie which is one of my favorites.

Did I hear somewhere that the plan for this series is to have each episode focus on one Lantern? If so that’d be just like the Emerald Knights animated movie which is one of my favorites.
I think all we've heard is that it's focusing on different Lanterns in different decades. But it wouldn't surprise me if they each got their own episodes.

Here are the supposed (and looking increasingly more likely) character breakdowns of the main characters that have been floating around for the past several months:
Guy Gardner: White Male, 30’s. A hulking mass of masculinity, as rendered in the comics. Guy is a personification of the hyper-patriotism found in the 1980’s that birthed Hulk Hogan and Rambo. However, Guy is still likable. He might act foolish, but he is not a fool. Guy loves his daughter and wife with all of his hard-partying, fast driving, hot tempered heart. But like many alpha males, there is a deep undercurrent of pain driving it all.
Not sure I'd ever describe Wittrock as a "hulking mass of masculity" but ok. :funny:
Alan Scott: White Male, 28 years old. From the outside, Alan is the model of early 1940’s. The image of a G-Man. Alan is handsome, clean-shaven and well dressed without a hair out of place. He has spent his young life trying to personify truth, justice, and the American Way. He is already a household name in L.A. and is seen as hero thanks to positive press coverage. However, for all of Alan’s honesty, there is one huge lie that follows him. He is a gay man. A fact that, in his era, could cost him his job, or even his life.
Bree Jarta: Black, Female, 30’s. Few Lanterns take their commitment to the Corps and its purpose more seriously than Bree. Bree is half-human and it’s the half she’s worked hard to forget. Bree has an alien mother and a human father. However, she was raised on a more enlightened planet with an advanced society. Bree outworked her peers and earner her Ring only to find herself partnered with Guy Gardner.
Jessica Cruz: Protecting the galaxy is hard enough. It’s even tougher when you’re the type of person who’s uncomfortable leaving the apartment. Life forced Jessica to become self-reliant at a young age. She worked her way through school, while taking care of her younger sister. She’s bright. Determined. Looking at her you’d never know the struggle going on inside. Jessica lives with a sometimes crippling anxiety disorder. She’s been fighting fear longer than any of our other Lanterns.
Simon Baz: For as long as he can remember, Simon’s loved the Green Lanterns. Using his innate charm and gift of gab, he works in Detroit as a vendor. However, business hasn’t been good lately. In the wake of 9/11, America has grown distrustful of young Middle Eastern men.
Thaal Sinestro: Male, 40s, any ethnicity. The greatest of all the Green Lanterns, Sinestro is akin to a warrior monk, the personification of grace under pressure. He serves as the strategic commander for the Corps and all Lanterns follow his orders without question. Although he is revered for his unmatched willpower and wisdom, a darker destiny belies his otherwise Zen demeanor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"