OLD Green Lantern HBO Max Series Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have some castings for this already? Some fan casts?

I have a minimum of hope that show could be cool, I dont know how the whole 40s/80s would work though.

Don’t know why this fancast took so long to occur to me, but...

Alan Scott - Lee Pace

I thought Jonathan Groff before, but it suits Pace more. Groff’s still pretty boyish.

I have ZERO interest in Alan Scott, but...that would get me interested, lol.

Before the recent characterization they’ve cooked up for him, I might agree. But I’m way into the idea of a closeted hero during the Golden Age.

And Pace has such an old Hollywood look about him.

Yeah it's mainly the Golden Age itself that lacks appeal to me, tbh. Like, I get my fill of that from Stargirl, and I'd be cool with a totally separate Golden Age-focused show...but I mostly just really wanna see the modern GL universe brought to life with this show.

period setting JSA would be great its a shame they seem to be dividing the jaa between Stargirl and black Adam with Alan Scott in this one. A proper show/movie would be interesting.

Luke Evans had been my number one Sinestro fancast for awhile, but if this is due to begin production as soon as next month (assuming that’s correct), I feel like he’s already got a couple projects in the mix that’ll keep him out of contention, so I’m going to throw a few different names out there:

Burn Gorman
Jonny Lee Miller

Sinestro

220px-Aidan_Gillen_playing_Petyr_Baelish.jpg

It still frustrates me that (IMO) the three best GLs (Hal, John and Kyle) supposedly won’t be a part of this show so that WB can save them for a movie that might never happen. I like Guy and Alan, but I prefer them to be side characters. Guy is good in the “brutish lout” role, mucking things up a bit but ultimately helping out the central heroes. And Alan suits the “wise mentor” role. That said, I haven’t read any comics with the newer version of Alan and it does appeal to me that a major superhero TV series will have some LGBTQ representation.

But I just feel it’s a mistake leaving your “big three” on the bench like this. And then writing in your own Cole Young character to make it feel even more separate from the original continuity. I’ve seen some of Guggenheim’s and Berlanti’s original character work in the Arrowverse and at least in the case of Firestorm, it sucked. Especially when you have Jessica Cruz right there to be used if you want to center the show on a female GL. Creating an all-new lead just makes no sense to me.

It still frustrates me that (IMO) the three best GLs (Hal, John and Kyle) supposedly won’t be a part of this show so that WB can save them for a movie that might never happen. I like Guy and Alan, but I prefer them to be side characters. Guy is good in the “brutish lout” role, mucking things up a bit but ultimately helping out the central heroes. And Alan suits the “wise mentor” role. That said, I haven’t read any comics with the newer version of Alan and it does appeal to me that a major superhero TV series will have some LGBTQ representation.

But I just feel it’s a mistake leaving your “big three” on the bench like this. And then writing in your own Cole Young character to make it feel even more separate from the original continuity. I’ve seen some of Guggenheim’s and Berlanti’s original character work in the Arrowverse and at least in the case of Firestorm, it sucked. Especially when you have Jessica Cruz right there to be used if you want to center the show on a female GL. Creating an all-new lead just makes no sense to me.

Gonna disagree on Hal and Joh being best gls. dont like either. Wish Kyle was in this instead of Alan though(who should be in jaa or star girl but I do like him having more to do..). Maybe Kyle over Simon or Jessica despite how much I like her.
Overall I like the choices tbf...Even Bree Jarta the oc half human alien is interesting(though there are far too many gls....)

Far too many human GLs. The Corps. is meant to be big, but the amount of representation Earth has in it has gotten a tad ridiculous.

yea thats what I meant. comics now a teen Latina gl, black female gl and 2 Vietnamese I think GL(though no clue how canon to main universe those two are). Jo mullein is a nk jemisin creation though so thats great. Like on a diversity point of view its all good stuff but its all annoying too.

Far too many human GLs. The Corps. is meant to be big, but the amount of representation Earth has in it has gotten a tad ridiculous.
Good point :up:

Well if that description's to be believed, it looks like we're getting pre-villain Sinestro. Ok I am all for seeing Sinestro's downfall done on TV - I think it's the perfect medium to do it justice, tbh....but Sinestro's downfall without Hal Jordan??? That's gonna be a lot harder for me to get on board with, tbh.

They may only use him in flashbacks before he went full villain. Would be a nice way to tie the show and movie together, if they use the same character at different points in their life.

So are they going to shock the fans by announcing like the entire cast at the same time? or have they delayed filming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"