One in the eye for intelligent design

NO! I must dissect the pocket watch in order to determine how it evolved to it's current level of sophistication!!

Spoken like a truly "objective" moderator.
icon14.gif

So because I'm a moderator I'm not allowed to have an opinion? :whatever:

Red_Wine_m641075.jpg
376628565_71ed3ff985.jpg

Cute.......but you tell me. Why is a "moderator" getting into this conversation and the first thing he does is call people who don't believe in evolution "idiots" and "zealots"?? Tell me how that does not inflame discussions?? Why is a Mod adding gasoline to a very touchy subject anyway? Aren't mods suppose to be above that? Aren't they suppose to keep us from doing stuff like that?

Last I checked I'm not a paid employee of Superherohype but a volunteer whose job is to make sure the TOS of the site is followed. Being as I did not violate the TOS I do not see what you are complaining about.

He can have his opinion. Fine. He doesn't believe in a creator. He believes his great great great grandaddy was an ape. Fine. Heck, you might believe it too. But I won't call you an "idiot" for your beliefs. I can disagree without insulting you. Sadly, though, some of you "still" think disagreeing is an insult. Oh well......

He can't help himself. This is not what a mod should be doing.

I'm a catholic. I've said so numerous times on the board. I do believe in God. I am simply not blind to evidence. Someone who ignores hard evidence and fact in favor of their own opinion is by definition an idiot. Someone who ignores hard evidence and fact in favor of what a religion tells them is by definition a zealot.

And why does my comment "The bible does not have to be seen as literal" effect my ability as a moderator? :huh:

No one is denying "micro-evolution within a species. It's the Macro-evolution that has not been proven. A species jumping to another has not been proven. Ape to man......snake to bird. That has not been proven. No transitional forms have been found to validate this.

Question: Do you have to see the designer of a pocket watch if you found it on the ground, to know that someone made it? Of course not. You know that a mind....an intellect went into the constructing of it. Why? The parts working in harmony. The detail. The molded casing...the crystal face....the clasp. All of this did not come together out of some random chance. The complexity of that watch demands that "common sense" tells us somebody designed it.

Now as complex as a watch may be, how much more so the universe....the eco-system, our bodily functions down to a cellular level. The functions....the harmony.....the precise balance. An infinite intellect is at work. The complexity of all of this screams it. We've all seen what explosions do. Ever seen an explosion leave "order" in its wake? Ever seen perfect harmony after and explosion?? Ever seen everything just stay in it's place after an explosion?? But that's what we are being told to believe. The big bang!!

I think it takes more faith to not believe in a creator than not to.

Man...how many times have we had this discussion?

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ed...rticles/2005/08/29/and_now_digital_evolution/

As a Christian myself I have pondered this alot, and I've come to the conclusion that nobody has all the answers. I'll admit that I know next to nothing about Evolution, so I could never put up any kind of argument to try and disproove it. But, why would I want to? The teaching of Evolution has led to great discovery and most likely will lead to a further understanding of who we are. It has a place, otherwise the research wouldn't have gotten this far. As I said earlier, I don't believe anyone has all the answers, but to overlook the accomplishments of Science at this point would be a huge mistake.

peace.:word:

Has anyone ever taken the time to think that maybe, evolution is the intelligent design? Perhaps a higher power created life on this planet with evolution already in the plan. This would make perfect sense, creating life-forms that would have the ability to evolve and adapt as their environments, needs and resources changed. This seem to make more sense than the whole Genesis line of, God said so, and there it was.

I don't believe in intelligent design, I believe that we are simply products of evolution and that is my opinion. I see that this is a very a touchy subject among this forum so I'm not going to go any further with my opinion, here. Interesting article, btw.

Has anyone ever taken the time to think that maybe, evolution is the intelligent design? Perhaps a higher power created life on this planet with evolution already in the plan. This would make perfect sense, creating life-forms that would have the ability to evolve and adapt as their environments, needs and resources changed. This seem to make more sense than the whole Genesis line of, God said so, and there it was.

Thats what I believe, but according to CellSlim I am a godless heathen who believe's my "great great great great granddaddy was an ape"

That's right- except Genesis is literally true. Saw it. Six days of work... hasn't hit a lick since.

So because I'm a moderator I'm not allowed to have an opinion? :whatever:

Of couse you are. Didn't you read my post, Mr. Moderator???

But what you "shouldn't be doing is calling those that disagree with you "idiots" and "zealots". what kind of moderator does that? what kind of mod comes in and "insults" on such a personal level? You should be holding a higher standard, right? Instead you keep playing with the kids, so to speak. That's the kind of stuff that starts heated arguments. You can't seem to disagree without lobbing the verbal grenades. Mods don't do that.

You can't seem to help yourself.

[/B]

Of couse you are. Didn't you read my post, Mr. Moderator???

But what you "shouldn't be doing is calling those that disagree with you "idiots" and "zealots". what kind of moderator does that? what kind of mod comes in and "insults" on such a personal level? You should be holding a higher standard, right? Instead you keep playing with the kids, so to speak. That's the kind of stuff that starts heated arguments. You can't seem to disagree without lobbing the verbal grenades. Mods don't do that.

You can't seem to help yourself.

Didn't you read my post the explain how the terms fit? And just for the record, who did I insult on a personal level? Last I checked no one was singled out nor were my comments made to any specific group.

Didn't you read my post the explain how the terms fit? And just for the record, who did I insult on a personal level? Last I checked no one was singled out nor were my comments made to any specific group.

No I just saw a bunch of word salad to justify what you said.
Idiot and zealot are not terms of endearment, Mr Mod. It is personal to anyone who does believe in intelligent design, according to you.

No I just saw a bunch of word salad to justify what you said.
Idiot and zealot are not terms of endearment, Mr Mod. It is personal to anyone who does believe in intelligent design, according to you.

Nonsense, being as in the same post I said I believe in intelligent design. I simply said someone who ignores the evidence behind a FACT is an idiot (which by definition they are). And someone who ignores evidence behind a fact because of religion is a zealot (which again, by definition, they are).

Nonsense, being as in the same post I said I believe in intelligent design. I simply said someone who ignores the evidence behind a FACT is an idiot (which by definition they are). And someone who ignores evidence behind a fact because of religion is a zealot (which again, by definition, they are).

Are you God now Matt? You get to define "idiot"?? There are a least 10 different ways you could disagree with someone on this subject without going there. Many scientists on the other side would say that you don't have the FACTS. But I guess they are idiots too. Right? Idiots with PHDs and other assorted doctorates.

You can't justify saying that about those that see I.D. as valid. But you can't help youself, can you?

I'm a catholic.
Then you're not a catholic. A catholic, by design believes in the creation story. Correct? :huh:

This whole religious argument, particularly the Christian religion, gets really old here. Why is it that people will defend just about anybody's "right" to do anything, but jump all over someone for their religious beliefs? It's an incredibly immature thing to do.

Cell just stop it. As for this petty arguing, it should be done via pm.

Then you're not a catholic. A catholic, by design believes in the creation story. Correct? :huh:

This whole religious argument, particularly the Christian religion, gets really old here. Why is it that people will defend just about anybody's "right" to do anything, but jump all over someone for their religious beliefs? It's an incredibly immature thing to do.

Actually, the Catholic church, at least until our current Pope came into power, was very accepting of the evolutionary theory and most if not all Catholic schools now teach it. My siblings both attend Catholic schools, and are well versed in knowledge of the process.

Mal'Akai said:

I completely agree. I also think evolution fits better within the concept that God is a Loving Father To His Creations. It makes more sense that he would let his creations grow over time and get used to their environment than rather than toss everything together in a mere week than punish them and the rest of mankind for eating an apple. Evolution IMO is a testament to God's intelligence and power rather than a challenge to his existence.

It still relies on a person having to believe in something that hasn't been proven to be real. And it will always come back to that same problem, time and time again when this debate comes up whether or not Intelligent Design should be taught or if it is a scientific theory. The burden of proof is on the people who back or came with the Intelligent Design movement to PROVE that there is a god or creator behind everything, not just believe that there is because "they think it makes more sense that way." That is a hypothesis, an opinion, an idea, a speculation.

They have to take it to the next level of PROVING their hypothesis, challenging it, but not only looking for ways to prove it, but looking for ways in which it can be disproved. And that hasn't happened with the Intelligent Design supporters. That is the scientific method. Intelligent Design hasn't gotten past the hypothesis phase, and in all likelihood, never will. But people are still pushing for it to be taught, which should never happen until it does go through the necessary steps. And that won't happen.

what exactly is there to teach about intelligent design?:huh:

Basically anything contradicting evolution. People are pushing it to be included in science text books and to be taught in class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"