One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure most of the roster is just the student body, characters that won't be X-Men unless they're played.

If anyone is wondering, I'm using Rogue as an NPC in my sample.

I'd provide the list, but it's not my list.

And then forces those characters when a person actually does want to play to be part of that. This would be much less of a witch hunt if a list was provided. Because a concern of mine is that suddenly a bunch of TT, Outsiders, Young Justice, and younger JSA members are suddenly part of the school.

Then if someone wants to play them, they can leave the school like Starfire did in the last game to join up with the Titans.

bad place, Shadowcat was a PC that left the school to live in Gotham because she was dating Robin.

Just because they start out in the school doesn't restrict them from ONLY being in the school.

The roster's big enough and all the DC characters on the roster are people who aren't exactly that sought after. Has anyone ever used Geo-Force in an RPG ever?
Do you even really need to ask? DC RPG, season four, I think. NPC for Deadshot.

I can see trusty's concern with pulling too many of the younger DC characters into the X-Men. Titans make a relatively natural fit (as would some Doom Patrollers, naturally), but maybe try and keep young JSA'ers out of it. At least for a while.

But I do agree that it's relatively easy to write yourself out of the X-Men if one wants to.

I can see trusty's concern with pulling too many of the younger DC characters into the X-Men. Titans make a relatively natural fit (as would some Doom Patrollers, naturally), but maybe try and keep young JSA'ers out of it. At least for a while.

But I do agree that it's relatively easy to write yourself out of the X-Men if one wants to.

From the top of my mind, the only young JSA'er at the school is Cyclone. And I know Starfire is there as an alien student.

Cyclone is a character whose origins are 100% immersed in JSA lore. Yea, I doubt anyone will pick her but that doesn't mean it's good. You are doing it for the sake of it.

Cyclone is a character whose origins are 100% immersed in JSA lore. Yea, I doubt anyone will pick her but that doesn't mean it's good. You are doing it for the sake of it.

She can still be Ma Hunkel's granddaughter and part of the JSA lore and be part of the X-Men. Someone wants her to go to the JSA, all it takes is one or two sentences and she's there.

It's just by saying you tried to/wanted to fill the populace with DC chars for the mutant school doesn't make it sound like you are planning to use majority of them except in passing mention as an NPC. Even with making the school for all gifted (which I'm fine with) fact is they go there to not be persecuted and live peacefully. Bottom line. That changes enough about a character IMO and they are just going to be "there" to be there from what you say since it is no big deal if they leave.

It's just by saying you tried to/wanted to fill the populace with DC chars for the mutant school doesn't make it sound like you are planning to use majority of them except in passing mention as an NPC. Even with making the school for all gifted (which I'm fine with) fact is they go there to not be persecuted and live peacefully. Bottom line. That changes enough about a character IMO and they are just going to be "there" to be there from what you say since it is no big deal if they leave.

If it's no big deal, then why do you care?

I thought one of the complaints about All-Star Marvel was the constant name dropping of characters screwing things up. This seems like the same thing.

If it's no big deal, then why do you care?

No I'm pointing out your contradiction. You are saying they are in the school. Purpose of the school? Allow them to live peacefully and without persecution since they were outside of the school. And then you say "then they can just leave" means then they really didn't NEED the protection, did they?

No I'm pointing out your contradiction. You are saying they are in the school. Purpose of the school? Allow them to live peacefully and without persecution since they were outside of the school. And then you say "then they can just leave" means then they really didn't NEED the protection, did they?

I don't know. And honestly, all this goddamn nitpicking has killed my enthusiasm for doing anything X-Men related. I was going to change them up and make them something different, unlike the X-Men in the last OU. But I'll just focus on my first choice of character.

Congrats, trusty.

You win.

Trusty brings up some good points. Certain characters may not fit in with the school's purpose. It isn't just a generic superhuman school. You have to have problems to get in.

Trusty brings up some good points. Certain characters may not fit in with the school's purpose. It isn't just a generic superhuman school. You have to have problems to get in.

And all of them were going to be mutants/aliens.

And all of them were going to be mutants/aliens.

But then you guys mentioned 2 that were not and 1 that was. What did we refute? The two that were not. And this nitpicking is all about getting things set.

What is the thing we look for with new games being created? Things being concrete and set. So don't give me that and blame me for anything.

It's one thing to have a general idea (which is what this game had with the premise of Cap and the JSA being in WWII and then now everyone has been around for about a year). Now with people's questions about the rest we get into the finer details to iron them out.

Yes, but not all mutants or aliens are going to be persecuted. Growing up around the JSA would give Cyclone a good support structure so she won't need the school. People like I think we should look at the roster and figure out which characters would work in the scope that the X-Men have.

I thought one of the complaints about All-Star Marvel was the constant name dropping of characters screwing things up. This seems like the same thing.

IMO that's a complaint about any game. Plenty of times we have seen new applicants ask if anything's been done with X character and we would say "well, just this and they said that they were in that" (so they were not even NPCed) and people were then like "nah, that's fine...I'll think of another character".

Yes, but not all mutants or aliens are going to be persecuted. Growing up around the JSA would give Cyclone a good support structure so she won't need the school. People like I think we should look at the roster and figure out which characters would work in the scope that the X-Men have.

I'll send you the list. Feel free to pick and choose how you feel.

I really think people are nitpicking what could be a great fricking thing if they left it alone and let it breath and grow organically instead of getting their effing panties in a bunch.

When there's a purpose for something, there's a purpose. You wouldn't have men going to a women's shelter.

Xavier's School is like the only thing that is confined really in both universes. Hence why the X-Men themselves are practically in their own universe within the very MU.

DC Characters I feel would fit the X-Men student body: Bumblebee, Beast Boy (his disease could be the catalyst for his mutant gene to activate), Starfire, Terra, Jericho, Prysm, Offspring, Static (The "Bang Babies" could be a group of kids whose mutant powers manifested at the same time.), and Solstice.

Granted, I pulled all from the Teen Titans, but I think it's a good list to start from.

When there's a purpose for something, there's a purpose. You wouldn't have men going to a women's shelter.

Xavier's School is like the only thing that is confined really in both universes. Hence why the X-Men themselves are practically in their own universe within the very MU.

Which is why I, for one, chose a character to be part of the team that isn't a mutant, but fits their concept, in order to pull them into a shared universe. The X-Universe (as well as the Bat-verse) is something I hate about comics, you're part of a shared world, exist in it.

I really think we're all taking this too seriously though. Let's just have fun with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"