One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Discussion in 'Approval & General RPG Discussion' started by Carnage27, Nov 4, 2011.

?

Should we start the One Universe game?

1. HELLZ YEA!

2. No, go to hell!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carnage27

Carnage27 No one's puppet

[​IMG]

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Carnage27

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: My MSN link is underneath my avatar like everyone else’s

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: Byrd will act as my AGM, and I will be the GM.

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: It'll be like the "traditional" RPGs we have on the Hype like UDC and World’s Finest.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

Basically, it will be a universe where DC and Marvel characters can interact, fight together, and against each other. The way I see it, Batman has been active for a year to a year and a half trying to clean up Gotham, but to the general public he’s nothing more than an urban legend. Heroes like Flash, Spider-man, and Superman are newer to the scene, active for a year down to a few months.

I don’t want to handcuff everyone for their first arcs, but I think it’d be good for at least some of the heroes to already be active and out in the world, as Byrd and I discussed in the Concept Thread.
    [FONT=&quot]
    What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): The return of a game I considered a staple of the boards, and the ability for players to intertwine the two juggernauts of the comics world.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: Worlds Collide: The Marvel and DC RPG or Heroes United: The Marvel and DC RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

Character you would like to play:

Powers:

Brief history of the character:

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character:

What can you bring to this game?:

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue):

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:

[/FONT]

This is to reaffirm everyone's interest before moving ahead. So make sure you vote. And also, post with which name you prefer. Byrd and I talked about names, he came up with one and one popped into my head as I was writing this thread.

Choices are:

1) Worlds Collide

or

2) Heroes United

or classic:

3) One Universe

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. wiegeabo

wiegeabo Omniposcient

I'm interested. But I don't like either name. I'll try to think of some.

Honestly, I think One Universe was a perfect name :(

3. Carnage27

I mean I'm completely cool with keep One Universe. I'll add it to the list.

But that's it. No more names.:oldrazz:

4. Batman

Batman Dramatic Example

One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

5. wiegeabo

wiegeabo Omniposcient

I likey

6. IKB

IKB Well-Known Member

I may very well be up for this.

7. Carnage27

Vote in the poll dangnabbit!

8. wiegeabo

wiegeabo Omniposcient

Didn't see a poll on my phone.

But, I think we should wait at least a couple of weeks before starting this. Give people a chance to build up their WF stories and see if they feel they'll still have time for this one.

9. Carnage27

I agree we would wait to actually start. I wasn't planning on actually starting until around Thanksgiving, possibly after.

10. wiegeabo

wiegeabo Omniposcient

ok.

Guess I'll vote yes then :p

11. sumowrestler

sumowrestler Well-Known Member

I'm just a bit curious as to how the teams like Avengers and JLA will be made in this one. Will characters from both universes be able to be apart of them or will they already be formed?

12. Carnage27

The teams formed over the course of time in the last game. Anyone can basically be on any team. With the characters being relatively new to the hero business I wouldn't expect the teams to form right away.

Also, in the previous OU the JLA was really the only true team. The Avengers were a team put together by Lex Luthor as president.

13. wiegeabo

wiegeabo Omniposcient

I don't want to bias anyone, but if you want to read the first season (or two) of One Universe, I thought the players did a brilliant job of developing characters and combined histories, and building the teams over time.

14. Carnage27

Agreed. In a world like this it's really about a slow burn and building to a point where a team makes sense between these characters.

15. IKB

IKB Well-Known Member

Either One Universe or Worlds Collide would be good, leaning more towards the former.

Looking forward to this though, have some cool ideas.

16. trustyside-kick

trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

I think "Worlds Collide" The Marvel/DC RPG sounds good.

Though the issue I see with it is it makes it look like the worlds do collide and they end up now on 1 Earth rather than that they always co-existed.

Maybe incorporating the way Marvel and DC label their parallel earths? Marvel's main Earth is Earth-616 and DC is all about "52" in the past few years. So how about "Earth-652" The Marvel/DC RPG? Or something much more clever. That just came to me real fast of using an "Earth-NUMBER" title for it. That hasn't been done for any RPG title before so intrigued me.

17. Byrd Man

Byrd Man El Hombre Pájaro

Actually, I wouldn't mind having a superhero team put together before the RPG starts if we go with the option of having it be three years since superheroes started reemerging. Just because of how long it's taken to get a superteam together in the past.

18. Carnage27

Personally, and this is just me, but I think one of the most exciting things for players in this game is letting them do all the heavy lifting on setting up the universe and watching how they get all these different characters together.

But that's just me.

19. trustyside-kick

Oh, if I do play and play as Blackbolt, I was going to have a pre-established group which would cause the creation of a team. Kinda like a cross between The Illuminati from Marvel and The Quintessence from DC.

20. IKB

IKB Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

It might be a bit of a slow burner, but that makes it all the more satisfying when it actually comes to fruition.

21. Harlekin

Harlekin Business

I'd go with One Earth, just to differentiate it from the One Universe stuff.

22. sumowrestler

sumowrestler Well-Known Member

We could let things grow organically. Apparently in CAH, a superhero team formed that way. The way that the Avengers and JLA are for "swinging door membership", it would play well for this site since members come and go. It would even be possible for us to create a completely new team along with name with mixtures of both sides.

23. Supergirl

Supergirl The Maid of Might

That's what happened the last go round. The Avengers had DC characters and the JLA had Marvel characters, the Teen Titans was a hodgepodge as well (IIRC Kitty Pryde, Bobby Drake, Johnny Storm, Peter Parker, Vic Stone, Kara Zor-El, Dick Grayson and Wally West were all members)

24. trustyside-kick

Question: This time around do people make up origins for characters or is it classic/basic comic origin is required at least? I'm hoping it's the latter.

25. wiegeabo

wiegeabo Omniposcient

I liked it when the origins blended universes as well. Like Stick being on of Bruce Wayne's trainers while he was touring the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.