Online persona

I never said you were phony, two-faced, deceptive or role-playing. I never used those words. It was just a question. I don't really think pandas give spontaneous birth, but its a great avatar.
I know you weren't.

I said that thing you brought up was a great example of why I don't get it when people DO say that.
The accusation of "internet persona" has been used many times against me and I don't get it.

If I really like something, or really hate something, and then I say so, how can I BE any less..."something-other-than-the-real-me" ? :huh:
To these people, I would actually...have to LIE, in order to be more true to myself, lol!

They're confusing the limitations of the medium of communication/expression with the issue of one's motivations.

Pretty much the same, I guess.

heh . . . and I'd hope you're a little different in appearance than your avvy too :O

True that.... I look like this

Face-2.gif

;)

It just gets so tiresome, always being called "dude", and people making assumptions because I don't say, "hOlla!, BoyEE! nawumsayin'?"

pretty much the same....but i feel the same as Wilhelm...youd be surprised at how many people still marvel at a well spoken black man....they seem surprised my car doesnt have spinners and I dont have any illegitimate children

It just gets so tiresome, always being called "dude", and people making assumptions because I don't say, "hOlla!, BoyEE! nawumsayin'?"

Holla, holla, holla! Skeet, skeet, skeet!

jag

All stereotyping based on race, creed, orientation, politics etc. is stupid.

I'm really a 500 pound black woman.

All stereotyping based on race, creed, orientation, politics etc. is stupid.
It is stupid but all stereotypes stem from truth at one point. I am sure I fit some white stereotypes.

It is stupid but all stereotypes stem from truth at one point. I am sure I fit some white stereotypes.

Stereotypes are funny in a comical sense, especially if they involve the Welsh.....:wow:

I think more stereotypes are born from assumptions rather than truth.
No. I have seen just about every stereotype played out in somebody. For instance, my gay cousin is the epitome of a flamboyant homosexual male. I have black friends that love fried chicken. I really know an asian girl that has gotten in like 5 wrecks. I am a stickler for grammar and use to part my hair sideways:csad: . Sure not everyone fits all or any of the stereotypes, but people didn't play out stereotypes, stereotypes were born from people's actions.

I think more stereotypes are born from assumptions rather than truth.
Well, here's the stupid thing about them.
People who think they're valid, will talk about studies, and "the majority".
But they don't seem to notice the obvious problem with going by "the majority"...which is, that it's completely useless for judging an unknown person in every day life.

If the biggest cause of death for young Black males, is being killed by another young, Black male...uh...great, you've got some statistics there, but it doesn't mean that that White guy running at that young, Black male, isn't going to kill him, because he's White....and it doesn't mean that the guy is a gangster, or a drug dealer, etc.

You could say that "most" Black people say "axe" instead of "ask".
Which, tells you exactly nothing about that Black dude across the street.
He might be from South Africa and speak more like a Medieval Princess than you do.

You can't tell, by the skin color. :huh:
Case-by-Case
Case-by-Case

Guess what Chaseter, there are really superb Asian drivers.
You say that you see these stereotypes playing out in real life.
Ridiculous, because as you know an Asian girl who has been in 5 accidents??...I know MANY white women, and friends of mine, who are DUDES, that are such bad drivers that I refuse to go anywhere with them in a car.
So why isn't it the stereotype that White males are bad drivers?
You are noticing it more in Asians, because of your own personal bigotry, and assumptions, and things you've heard.

No. I have seen just about every stereotype played out in somebody. For instance, my gay cousin is the epitome of a flamboyant homosexual male. I have black friends that love fried chicken. I really know an asian girl that has gotten in like 5 wrecks. I am a stickler for grammar and use to part my hair sideways:csad: . Sure not everyone fits all the stereotypes, but people didn't play out stereotypes, stereotypes were born from people's actions.

Yeah, you see a few people do an action and you assume all the rest do. Maybe stereotypes are the result of a tag-team effort by truth and assumption :up:

Well, here's the stupid thing about them.
People who think they're valid, will talk about studies, and "the majority".
But they don't seem to notice the obvious problem with going by "the majority"...which is, that it's completely useless for judging an unknown person in every day life.

If the biggest cause of death for young Black males, is being killed by another young, Black male...uh...great, you've got some statistics there, but it doesn't mean that that White guy running at that young, Black male, isn't going to kill him, because he's White....and it doesn't mean that the guy is a gangster, or a drug dealer, etc.

You could say that "most" Black people say "axe" instead of "ask".
Which, tells you exactly nothing about that Black dude across the street.
He might be from South Africa and speak more like a Medieval Princess than you do.

You can't tell, by the skin color. :huh:
Case-by-Case
Case-by-Case

Guess what Chaseter, there are really superb Asian drivers.
You say that you see these stereotypes playing out in real life.
Ridiculous, because as you know an Asian girl who has been in 5 accidents??...I know MANY white women, and friends of mine, who are DUDES, that are such bad drivers that I refuse to go anywhere with them in a car.
So why isn't it the stereotype that White males are bad drivers?
You are noticing it more in Asians, because of your own personal bigotry, and assumptions, and things you've heard.

No. I have seen just about every stereotype played out in somebody. For instance, my gay cousin is the epitome of a flamboyant homosexual male. I have black friends that love fried chicken. I really know an asian girl that has gotten in like 5 wrecks. I am a stickler for grammar and use to part my hair sideways:csad: . Sure not everyone fits all or any of the stereotypes, but people didn't play out stereotypes, stereotypes were born from people's actions.
Oh noes, someone didn't read any of my post:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"