Only Green and Yellow? or.. All the colors on the Lantern Corps?

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
So would you like to see all the lantern corps? or only Green and Yellow and maybe pink?

all_green_lantern_colors__and_what_they_mean_by_thezero759-d5wcvxf.png

original.png

url

What's your point on this? I think with all those different colors, there will be diversity and more to add to the story and to the different things on the future on this new GL corps.

Last edited:
As much as the first GL movie dropped the ball, I liked what they were trying to set up. Introduce the idea of harnessing the spectrum, with only Green in the first film and the hint of fear/yellow out there as a power source for the next movie.
That ending with Sinestro harnessing yellow was actually perfect.

If they can manage that successfully, then slowly introduce the others (and thier respective champions/villains) as they did in the comics. With Hal building a kind of Magnificent Seven of Aliens, some good some bad, but they have to work together.
But definitely not all in the first or even second film and not all at once, just slowly building to it.
GI_IVAN_REIS.jpg

Of course you need the franchise to actually be successful to do that. LOL!

So really if they can get the Green right this time, maybe I can see expanding.

Last edited:
I'd have the Sinestro Corps for the first film. Near the end, or in a post credit scene, reveal the existence of the seven lanterns. Maybe they can show the chamber (on Zamaron, if I remember correctly) where the seven lanterns are being collected.

In the next movie, introduce Sapphires and Blues. Have the Reds/Manhunters as antagonists.

In the third movie, reveal Larfleeze and the Indigo Tribe. All 7 have to band together to face off against Black Hand / Nekron.

(A man can dream, can't he?)

Last edited:
I'd have the Sinestro Corps for the first film. Near the end, or in a post credit scene, reveal the existence of the seven lanterns. Maybe they can show the chamber (on Zamaron, if I remember correctly) where the seven lanterns are being collected.

In the next movie, introduce Sapphires and Blues. Have the Reds/Manhunters as antagonists.

In the third movie, reveal Larfleeze and the Indigo Tribe. All 7 have to band together to face off against Black Hand / Nekron.

(A man can dream, can't he?)

I've posted basically this same exact idea before, this is definitely the way to do it. Manhunters can be introduced via flashbacks in the second film when Atrocitus' motivations are explained

I've posted basically this same exact idea before, this is definitely the way to do it. Manhunters can be introduced via flashbacks in the second film when Atrocitus' motivations are explained

Yeah, I remember you having the same idea. I really do hope we get something along these lines (or any Green Lantern movies at all...2020 seems so far away.)

This might not be a place for this and could demand it's own thread, but does anyone else think that constructs are bit too cartoony for live action? Would you guys mind if there are to be only energetic rays and shields?

This might not be a place for this and could demand it's own thread, but does anyone else think that constructs are bit too cartoony for live action? Would you guys mind if there are to be only energetic rays and shields?

Depends on what constructs they make.

Only green
Red for the sequel
Yellow for the following sequel

I have no problem at all. If the construct seems grounded as in the books are. That depends on which Lantern. Hal makes construct based on aircrafts, Kyle imagination is far more diverse, etc..

True.

I was thinking about those that are often seen, like cars, giant mallets, fists and such... I'd prefer if they choose to avoid such things.

I've said it before in other threads, but I think a huge failure of the GL2011 movie (and a lot of GL comics frankly) is that they don't show just how badass the constructs are. All you need is to show Sinestro chopping a vehicle in half or lobbing off some poor alien's limb with one single blade construct.

Don't just show a minigun in a training scene being blocked (and thus not accomplishing anything), instead show the bullets ripping through an army of manhunters (or have Sinestro dropping foes with single headshots, John Wick style).

I still think they can still use goofier constructs for comedic moments, so long as the ring is initially established as being a badass weapon that can mess you up.

Last edited:
I have no problem at all. If the construct seems grounded as in the books are. That depends on which Lantern. Hal makes construct based on aircrafts, Kyle imagination is far more diverse, etc..

Proving once again that Hal Jordan is a dimwit. :p

I've said it before in other threads, but I think a huge failure of the GL2011 movie (and a lot of GL comics frankly) is that they don't show just how badass the constructs are. All you need is to show Sinestro chopping a vehicle in half or lobbing off some poor alien's limb with one single blade construct.

Don't just show a minigun in a training scene being blocked (and thus not accomplishing anything), instead show the bullets ripping through an army of manhunters (or have Sinestro dropping foes with single headshots, John Wick style).

I still think they can still use goofier constructs for comedic moments, so long as the ring is initially established as being a badass weapon that can mess you up.

I like this approach. The ring is, after all, supposed to be most powerful weapon in the universe.

Aircrafts and military weapons "constructions" (what Hal would imagine) would make for a badass GL.. If done right Hal is pure awesomeness Wolfie :argh:

bATSsockshal.jpg

:p

Seriously though, I prefer Stewart and even Rayner to Jordan. But to each his own.

Lets not derail your thread.

My favorite one is Alan Scott from New 52 Earth 2. However that's is not from the corps :p

Wasn't Alan Scott the original and a magic-based one?

i want to see all the power spectrums. but yeah if theyre gonna tack this onto the GL franchise they gotta start with green first :p

or they could try a different approach, make this the "infinity stones" of WB/DC, so instead of just focussing on a Green Lantern, they could intro all the other Lanterns and their chosen representatives.

... heck they can do that for a Justice League movie plot, given the all the major JLers held one kind of power ring or another.

I definitely want to see all the colors at some pint, either built up or all present from the beginning. Mostly, I just want to see Saint Walker in action on the big screen.

I definitely want to see all the colors at some pint, either built up or all present from the beginning. Mostly, I just want to see Saint Walker in action on the big screen.

Here you go:

1.jpg

:p

Wasn't Alan Scott the original and a magic-based one?

Yes the power came from the "heart" of the Earth, then they connected that one of Oa's sources was held there and Jordan appeared.

Last edited:
Every colour. The mythos is so amazing and I hope somehow they will be able to translate it to the big screen.

I'm a fan of all the colors in the comic, for the movies I'm a little wary, but if they can pull it off good, then I'm on board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"