David Goyer and Justin Rhodes to Script Green Lantern Corps

I loved the idealistic "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." versus the harsh reality of "You will not win. For every human you save, we will kill a million more".

Exactly!, MOS was full of hope and was not depressing in the least. It was a fresh take on my 2nd favorite hero (1st Bats) and took Supes seriously. It embraced parts if Birthright, Earth One and All Star for cryin out loud. It was ACTION Comics on screen for me.
BC:
Zack Snyder Uses Grant Morrison’s Words For Man Of Steel Trailer
all-star.jpg

Goyer was instrumental in the Dark Knight Trilogy yet people conveniently ignore that. Man of Steel is my favourite modern era superhero film bar none so Goyer excites me.

Also you do know most of his stuff was rewritten by Terrio for BvS don't you?

Yes but Nolan had a lot of say in that trilogy too, so it wasn't entirely Goyer. Goyer also wrote Blade 1 and 2, and I gotta give him props for that, I just wish he wasn't involved with more CBM right now.

As for Chris Terrio, I already acknowledged that he deserves a lot of blame for how BVS turned out.

Do we know how much of the script was written by Terrio vs Goyer? I imagine Goyer was at least involved in plotting and story conception.

Terrio rewrote Goyer's entire script.

He took a script by Goyer and did a page one rewrite. I'm sure some of Goyer's stuff is still in there, but it's there because Terrio left it there.

When a script's central premise or characters are good but the script is otherwise unusable, a different writer or team of writers is contracted to do an entirely new draft, often referred to as a "page one rewrite."

in the American film industry, credit to rewriters is given only if 50% or more of the script is substantially changed.

Source

David Goyer??? Crap another bad GL movie on it's way.
Does WB really have no other talent in their rolodex?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"