Onomonopias that are immpossible to do.

X-Punisher

Sidekick
Reaction score
I think the toughest one would have to be Darth Vaders. I can't figure out how to write it, like a "queshki" sound or something. What onomonopia would you find difficult to write?

The G1 Transformers' transformation sound. "Eeenk-enk-onk-oonk-ooo" is the best I can come up with, and that just looks silly.

Also, it's "onomatopoeia." Ironic that the word for purely phonetic words isn't spelled phonetically at all, isn't it? ;)

X-Punisher said:
I think the toughest one would have to be Darth Vaders. I can't figure out how to write it, like a "queshki" sound or something. What onomonopia would you find difficult to write?
kshhhhhhh

or it could just be chhhhhhh

that nervous collar tugging sound from The Simpsons.

er-ew-ah-oh?

The Green Lantern ring's sounds from the Justice League cartoon is another one. It kind of sounds like "bling," but that makes all the GLs seem ghetto fabolous. :(

TheCorpulent1 said:
...that makes all the GLs seem ghetto fabolous. :(

hal181wp.jpg

Hell yeah! All Hal needs is some hos and a cane and he's good to go. :up:

What I do with the Transformer sound, is "Awesome Transformer Sound".
Because then, everybody knows what you mean.
With Vader, I go with "Koo-ha, Koo-ha..."

Nobody can agree on what a gun sound like in comics. BLAM, Bang... I rean an issue of Captain America where the firing of a gun was given the sound "pum-SPAK."

^I agree

rigel, what gun was it that went pum-SPAK. I feel like maybe some type of gun might sound **vaguely** like that, but it obviously isnt a hand gun

Really though, the concept of onomatopoeia is ridiculous, don't tell me that breaking glass really sounds like "KRESSSSSHHH!"

who decided that the sound of glass breaking started with the letter K

cerealkiller182 said:
^I agree

rigel, what gun was it that went pum-SPAK. I feel like maybe some type of gun might sound **vaguely** like that, but it obviously isnt a hand gun

The gun wasn't shown, and I dont really know much about guns anyway..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"