Could a comic book/manga crossover happen?

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Since there have been many crossovers between comic book companies and even a few crossovers between manga companies, I wonder would it be possible to make a crossover between comic book characters and manga characters?

That could do well, but I guess there would issues to work out, who would write it, how would you divide the creative duties between the comic book company, etc

It would be just like any crossover, except you've got a language barrier to deal with. But then it's not hard to find a translator or a japanese creator and japanese editors who speak english. The only real iffy part would be the cultural differences between artistic styles. I mean, it would be weird (but as I'm typing, I'm thinking it would also probably be quite awesome) to see George Perez drawing Evas.

It would be just like any crossover, except you've got a language barrier to deal with. But then it's not hard to find a translator or a japanese creator and japanese editors who speak english. The only real iffy part would be the cultural differences between artistic styles. I mean, it would be weird (but as I'm typing, I'm thinking it would also probably be quite awesome) to see George Perez drawing Evas.

It could be weird, but the concept could bring people in, though I'm wondering how you would divide the writing and drawing chores between the American and Japanese companies.

I actually did something like that once, teamed-up my own superheroes with a group of manga characters. There've been team-ups where two different art styles've been featured, and there are enough English-speakin' writers who can do manga as good as the Japanese, or it can be easily translated, so I don't see why it couldn't work.

That would give me a geekgasm.

If it where to me done I would like to see it done with an international team on it, maybe two and alternate issues i.e. Issue 1 by Americans issue 2 by Japanese creators. Also major would be finding the right properties to use. Most manga take place in their own separate universes so you could be potentially limited unless you decided to just screw it and go crazy and throw everyone in or work with just one magazine (shonen jump perhaps). Sticking to just one property crossing over from each would be cool though, and their exist all kinds of sweet possibilities. Superman/Dragonball, Blade/Hellsing... frankly it dosen't really matter what they did, I would be all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"