Sequels Opening Scene for Cap2

geoffdog77

Civilian
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this since I saw the movie, and I think it would be a really cool way to open the movie.
The movie starts with a WWII setting and has our favourite captain sneaking onto a base or mansion of some sort. he is totally covert, and no one sees him. He then reaches his destination, only to find HITLER himself. Cap says "I have a message for you from president Roosevelt. Stop now or we will end the war. We have the means to wipe you off the map, and we will."
Then hitler says something snooty about Nuclear war, and cap turns and punches him hard in the face, and knocks him on his ass. Cap leans over him, and says
"I broke in here once, I could come back and I might kill you. But you're a diplomat, and I think it wouldn't go unnoticed."
Cap turns and dives out the window.

CUT TO
Modern day, Cap sitting in front of a computer crying, after he finds out the exact number of people who were killed in the holocaust. The movie then, would kind of be about cap coming to grips with that, and the fact that he didn't kill that kraut sonova***** when he had the chance.

What do you think?

I think:

a) Hitler didn't even *know* about nuclear war, beyond the theoretical at best;
b) The U.S. invented nuclear war in 1945 at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, long after Hitler was already dead in his bunker and Europe was already pacified;
c) the Holocaust had already happened long before that date, and had been exposed; so Cap wouldn't need to feel the slightest bit guilty or "responsible" for any of those deaths.

And, I think the movie already did a good job of showing the famous Cap-punching-Hitler scene as propagandized fiction for USO shows and homefront morale, rather than an actual mission. (Face it: if Cap and His Howling Commandoes had ever been given a mission to confront Adolf Hitler face to face, Steve would've been doing a whole helluva lot more than just punching him out. The war would have ended with a bullet to the Fuehrer's brain.)

I'd like to see an "intro villain", James Bond style.. cap goes up against someone minor.. they can pick any B-list villain..

open the movie in the early 2010s but have the very next scene be a flashback to an encounter with Baron Zemo in the Bavarian Alps anno 1943.

Yeah i agree that opening scene should be a flashback and after that it should all be set in the Present

Flashback during World War II to set up the story in the modern day.

What I want I will likely never get. I want Cap to make that date. In the back of my mind I feel like that Cosmic Cube is the story vehicle to allow Cap to make it BACK into time just as the Red Skull traveled forward in time.

Last edited:
What I want I will likely never get. I want Cap to make that date. In the back of my mind I fell like that Cosmic Cube is the story vehicle to allow Cap to make it BACK into time just as the Red Skull traveled forward in time.

That would actually be an amazing idea, I so wanted him to make that date at the end of CFA, if he could through the Cosmic Cube that would be awesome, but it would also beg the question, why would he ever come back to modern times?

Also, we dont know what will happen to the cube in Avengers yet.

That's ****ing stupid. No one wants a time travel story.

You can maybe have some flashbacks to bring the current story up to speed. You can't force Cap to go back because you have to see Cap in the present day and adjusting with contemporary times as that's really the modern popular version of Captain America.

They did the WWII story so now it's time to put that to bed.

That's ****ing stupid. No one wants a time travel story.

You can maybe have some flashbacks to bring the current story up to speed. You can't force Cap to go back because you have to see Cap in the present day and adjusting with contemporary times as that's really the modern popular version of Captain America.

They did the WWII story so now it's time to put that to bed.

Read this excerpt from a recent article from Reelz:

How Carter would be brought into the present from the '40s could be the challenge. In the comic books, Cap ends up dating Sharon Carter, Peggy's niece, in the present day. The First Avenger screenwriters Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus, who have been hired to write the sequel, admitted last August that they would like to include Sharon in the sequel, even if it seems a bit incestuous. "You have to walk a fine line there because it does seem like you're dating your girlfriend's daughter," said Markus. Assuming Atwell will end up playing Sharon as well, Markus has a point.

So the idea is being kicked around about possibly getting her character bumped into the present as opposed to dating the character's niece. Sorry Vileone...

Last edited:
That makes no sense and no where do Markus and McFeely indicate that Peggy is being magically spirited to the present.

Feige and Johnston already said that Peggy is still alive and in her 80's in the present day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"