Opinions from any New Yorkers here...

BatFitz

Civilian
Reaction score
I've been following the plans for construction of the new WTC complex. Most recently the completion and opening of 7 World Trade Center. They've updated the design of the building and got rid of the ridiculous wind spires at the top of the Freedom Tower. They've also moved the positions of all the new buildings in such a way that there isn't a way for them to be at risk at the bottom, or below ground. Also the memorial is the same plan...the original Twin Towers footprints, represented as reflecting pools...I'm actually going to try and make a pilgramidge(sp?) there when it opens...heh, first quarter 2011...long way away

www.wtc.com should give you all the info you need...

So, what I'm wondering, New Yorkers...what is your opinion on the rebuilding?

I think the design as a whole is pretty good. I personally never understood how people would complain about a building design, or the layout. I mean there's only so many ways you can make a tower...

One thing I'm disappointed about is the idea of not making 2 towers. As it stands, it really just looks like any other tall building in a major city. Whereas with the Twin Towers, that was something that could not be confused with anything else.

yeah...but it does look pretty futuristic, which is a plus....for me anywho....but I do love the style of the Empire State building...as well, I loved the design of the Twin Towers

personally I like Trumps idea of adding an extra floor to the old designs and putting back 2 towers.... as sort of a **** you to these terrorist bastards...

I want my old skyline back. :(

^and at the same time I sympathize with that...it's actually an idea that Penn and Teller came up with also on their show

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"