Orange County Shooting Spree

James

Built from Lego
Reaction score
From ABC News:

A violent rampage that left four dead in suburban Orange County began in the pre-dawn hours Tuesday when a 20-year-old killed a woman in his home and sped away in his parents' car, authorities said.

An hour later, it was over — but not before Ali Syed had killed two more people during carjackings, shot up vehicles on a busy freeway interchange and left three others injured in a trail of carnage that stretched across 25 miles.

Is it just me, or have these kinds of shootings in the U.S increased during the last year or two?

:facepalm: f*** gun control, mental health guys. That's what needs to be looked at.

The worst part is, that facepalm is the most emotion I can muster anymore. Sandy Hook affected me because of the kids, and I' will forever feel for these victims, but I just can't stand to even think about another one of these. Same s***, different day more or less is how it feels anymore.

Why can't we look at gun control AND mental health?

Most of us can chew gum and walk at the same time. We can also address more than one issue.

I say we lockup the parents of all these psychos that had the chance to do something but didn't.

Does anyone have a graph or something that illustrates mass shooting in the United States by year? I read somewhere that sixteen mass shootings took place in 2012 alone. I'm really curious to see if that's a high number, or the average. It feels to me like the frequency of these incidents has been increasing at an insane rate.

Do you think the media is paying more attention, perhaps after Columbine?

Another shooting, another day Congress doesn't do jack to stop them.

Why can't we look at gun control AND mental health?

Most of us can chew gum and walk at the same time. We can also address more than one issue.

Fair enough. Forgive me, it was mostly just a general reaction of disgust, and the fact I figured before long we'd be into the same discussion as the other threads. But the two do go hand in hand, and it all needs to be addressed.

Do you think the media is paying more attention, perhaps after Columbine?
After Columbine? Maybe at first but after a few months, no. After a string of major shootings like Aurora and Sandy Hook in such a short time, then you've still got people's attention and they'll report on any mass shootings they can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"