• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Original Character, first fully realized drawing...

halcyonseven

Civilian
Reaction score
So I am pulled this piece off an old hard drive the other day. Its of my Gabe character (for more info see my thread: http://superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241469 ), and it is one of the, if not THE very first fully realized drawing I ever did of him.
It captured the feel and style I wanted and has been my template ever since. Now, its older, I did it back in 2000 or 2001 so I think I have evolved my style a bit since those days but I still really like this pic.
Here is the black and white:
theoriginalbwmn2.jpg
[/IMG]
I will update as I work on it.
Comments and crits welcome as always.

My site: web.mac.com/halcyonseven
My thread: http://superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241469

Holy crap, as I am getting into coloring this I am realizing how much is going on in this pic. Gonna take awhile to even get the flats down for this.
Here is where I stop tonight:
origflatcolorpe0.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow, cool drawing. Very nice style :up: I'm looking forward to see it's completed version:)

Thanks for the compliments guys, much appreciated. November he is holding a rather stylized scythe, if you check out my other thread there are a few more pics of him with it.
Love the comparisons as always.
You know the only Bachalo thing I have (that I remember) is the Vertigo "Witching Hour" he did and it is INCREDIBLE. He is a god amongst men.

good work and I would say more Mignola than Bachalo, you've got more of that blocky, grpahic style.

I love Bachalo's work, Steampunk and the original Generation X (stories sucked but I loved the artwork) it's worth taking a look at.

Ah yes, Generation X. Never read that... some things even great art cannot make me pick them up. Steampunk sounds cool, I will have to look into that.
Thanks again for the compliments. Feelin all warm and fuzzy over here with all the Mignola comparisons.

Are you having an egoquake? I thought I felt the ground shaking...HAHAHA..

Yeah... thats why I got married though, so my wife can keep my ego in check.. but she is gone right now so my head can swell to UNPARRALELLED PROPORTIONS!!! (Insert maniacal laughter)

Okay, got the flats done. I also got rid of the background, frankly it sucked. So I will do a digital one for it that is similar but works better. I am starting to add in the shading and lights now, will post again soon.
Thanks again for all the positive feedback, its much appreciated.
fullflatsep3.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm glad you added color man. The first shot was confusing my eyes.

Lookin' quite cool now though.

Yeah, like I said it's a busy pic... lots of... brains... and blood...

Look at all the blood reminds me of this morning when my moms boyfriend was draining all the blood out of a steak and it got all over the counter. :eek: Nice picture I like it. :) :up:

MildSoss said:
Look at all the blood reminds me of this morning when my moms boyfriend was draining all the blood out of a steak and it got all over the counter. :eek: Nice picture I like it. :) :up:
That is... so fantastic. What a great comparison.

Yeah I would definitely say Mignola. If it was closer to Bachelo, he'd be all fat legged and have a face like a 12 year old

Very nice.
I wish I knew how to color using Photoshop.

Warhammer said:
Very nice.
I wish I knew how to color using Photoshop.
Kaboom said:
i dig this alot!
Thanks guys. I have worked on it a little since I posted the last revision but I still need to create the background and I have a busy week so I don't know when I will get to it :(
On a very cool not part of being so busy is that I am flying out to DC to see the Play! Symphony where they do all video game music with giant screens playing scenes from them! I am really excited about this!

halcyonseven said:
Thanks for the compliments guys, much appreciated. November he is holding a rather stylized scythe, if you check out my other thread there are a few more pics of him with it.
Love the comparisons as always.
You know the only Bachalo thing I have (that I remember) is the Vertigo "Witching Hour" he did and it is INCREDIBLE. He is a god amongst men.
oh i see, because the blade wasn't coloured in, i wasn't paying attention to it, silly me, it all makes sense now....

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"