Out of All of the Civilizations in the MCU So Far

The_Manhunter

Zack Snyder & MCU Fan
Reaction score
Which one has impressed you the most (apart from Earth)?

We have:

Asgard
Asgard-Thor-The-Dark-World.png

Jotunheim
20140318030453%21Thor-trailer-jotunheim.jpg

Sanctuary
guardians-of-the-galaxy-thanos-chair-103547-640x320.jpg

The Dark Elves
Thor_1.jpg

The Kree
rmR79cX.jpg

Xandar
guardians-of-the-galaxy-nova-spaceships.jpg

Knowhere
guardians-of-the-galaxy-knowhere.jpg

I wouldn't count Knowhere as a civilization but more of a colony.
Kind of like a port where creatures from everywhere drop in and do business.

Sanctuary seems to be a place where Thanos likes to sit on his rocket chair and contemplate things, not really bustling with activity.

The Kree are yet to be discovered, we've had a glimpse of them.

Jotunheim disappointed me. They must live in underground caves within the land because apart from a few pillars their civilization was composed of nothing despite them being intelligent beings.

Svartalheim was hardly explored, can't remember it save for the awesome warships.

That leaves Xandar and Asgard and I would have to choose Asgard because of its stunning beauty and mixing of medieval with high tech.

You might have added Vanaheim which is Hogun's world that Sif and the rest of the warrior's were defending at the beginning of TDW.

Knowhere. Xandar was a bit to clean and nice though I loved he Nova Corp Star-Blasters design

Knowhere seems like it'd be the most fun. I'm always a sucker for dens of iniquity that can accurately be described as a wretched hive of scum and villainy. :word:

Should Earth be on here. Sanctuary just looks like an asteroid a few people occupied for a meeting

Asgard for me. The Kree wasn't explored at all.

I'd like to see more of Xandar, so props to it for making me desire more.

That being said, I still want to see more of how Asgard works, but we've had a pretty wealthy glimpse of it so far. Given that, it has my vote.

Speaking of all these civilizations, (pardon me for going off topic), but I still wonder where Asgard fits into the universe. What are the nine realms exactly? Are they just planets or are they separate galaxies or what? If they're planets, then the Bifrost seems pretty limited. Nine inhabited planets out of potentially millions? Big deal. And why are these planets so important that they have to be called "realms"?

In fact, the word realm makes me think of dimensions, so for the sake of the MCU, I'd prefer if they were explained as being at least galaxies apart, making the Bifrost somewhat like the Mass Effect Relays, which were responsible for helping even FTL ships get from one side of the universe to the other in reasonable time. Because ultimately the universe is so large that going faster than the speed of light isn't sufficient. Your alien grandmother's freshly baked cookies are going to be cold by the time you get there. That is, unless you bend space and time with either a rainbow bridge, or with the Tesseract.

Is Odin the All Father of the entire universe or just Asgard? Are the Nine Realms just his scope of authority and everything else is out of his jurisdiction?

Do the creative heads at Marvel Studios even know? Or are they just making things up as they go along and hoping things make sense in the end?

Why am I asking you all these questions? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"