Vote for the best of MCU so far!

Darn, didn't realize it was multiple - just voted for Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I'd have voted for my top 5

CA: TWS , CA:TFA, Iron Man 1, Iron Man 3 & The Avengers.

I can't believe I voted for GOTG over my beloved TWS… but I honestly believe GOTG is the better film. If only barely.

It was MULTIPLE???? ARRGGH!!

Well, for me, it's GOTG, TWS, CATFA, TA, IM/IM3.

Superb (Voted for these)
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Iron Man

Great
3. Guardians of the Galaxy

Good
4. The Avengers
5. Iron Man 3
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Captain America: The First Avenger
8. Thor

Decent
9. Iron Man 2
10. Thor: The Dark World

Guess I'm more agreeable than most. Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 3 were just ok to me.

Superb (Voted for these)
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. Iron Man
4. Avengers

Great
5. Captain America: The First Avenger
6. Iron Man 3

Good
7. The Incredible Hulk

Decent
8. Thor: The Dark World
9. Thor

Meh
10. Iron Man 2

It has to be Guardians for me, The Avengers, Iron Man and TWS were all great, but I found with all them that they got worse with repeat viewings, GOTG has yet to do that for me, though I have only seen it twice, but its just one of those movies I imagine will get better and better.

For me the absolute stand out is still Avengers. I know it does get a bit Saturday-morning-cartoon at times but the big thing for me is the amount of hype and build-up that film had to live up to. I don't think I have ever been more excited to see a film not even close (except maybe Guardians and Phantom Menace, more on that to follow) and it would have been very easy to disappoint. And yet, I came out of the cinema giggling like a little girl! It didn't just live up to my expectations, it exceeded them! Like I say the only other films where I have had even close to that level of excitement were GotG and Phantom Menace and I was disappointed by both. Not saying GotG was bad (I watched it again the other day and it's better than I originally gave it credit for) but not as good as I hoped. And therefore not as good as Avengers.

Guardians is my favorite as of now. But I tend to change back and forth. Let's put it this way, I really enjoy all the movies and agents of shield.

Guardians of the Galaxy. Better origin movie than Iron Man. Better team movie than Avengers. More re-watchable than Winter Soldier.

That was a hard decision.

Between Iron Man and CA:TWS, but I had to go with the latter. Such a fine movie.

Iron Man 3 and Thor. I haven't seen The Winter Soldier or Guardians of the Galaxy yet.

1st Tier:
TWS, Avengers, GOTG and Iron Man

2nd Tier:
CA: TFA, Thor and Iron Man 3

3rd Tier:
Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk and Thor: the Dark World

I voted for my top three:

1. The Avengers
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

The top 4 in the poll are spot on. In that order. I still give TA the edge over TWS in rewatchability but I've only seen TWS twice so far. Time will tell.

For me nothing yet has topped the first Iron Man. The level by which that film surprised me with how great it was is still probably in my top 2 or 3 movie going experiences EVER. And as a 30+ year fan of the character I had followed the film's production from 2006 when Favreau was hired all the way to it's release and even still it managed to surprise me(this same thing had burned me hard 5 years earlier on AngHulk so I knew I was taking a risk getting so interested early on). And based on what I saw during those 2 years of production I had long been expecting good things. But those expectations were still too low it turned out. It's my 2nd favorite film of all time after Jaws and it's hard to imagine another movie impacting me as much in the future. I've liked/loved all 10 MCU films to one degree or another so far but IM1 is the tops still for me.

9/10

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

8/10

3. Iron Man
4. The Avengers

7/10

5. Captain America: The First Avenger
6. Iron Man 3
7. Thor: The Dark World
8. Thor

6/10

9. Iron Man 2
10. The Incredible Hulk

Excellent:Avengers,Ironman

Very Good:Thor,

Good:Captain America 1 and 2,GOTG,

Disappointing: Ironman 3

Bad: Ironman 2,Thor:The Darkworld,Incredible Hulk.

Tier 1:
Winter soldier
GotG
Avengers

Tier 2:
Iron man
Iron man 3
TDW

Tier 3:
Cap 1
Thor

Tier 4:
Im 2
Incred hulk

I voted for all of them. :cool:

Tier 1:
Winter soldier
GotG
Avengers

Tier 2:
Iron man
Iron man 3
TDW

Tier 3:
Cap 1
Thor

Tier 4:
Im 2
Incred hulk

I'd switch Cap 1 and TDW but otherwise, spot on :up:

Isn`t it strange, that Iron Man (RJD) is the most popular character (and he earns much more money than all the others), but the movies itself are - besides Iron Man 1 - "bad", in comparising to all the others?! (looking at the poll)

Imagine if all 3 movies would be fan-favorites ;)

Isn`t it strange, that Iron Man (RJD) is the most popular character (and he earns much more money than all the others), but the movies itself are - besides Iron Man 1 - "bad", in comparising to all the others?! (looking at the poll)

Imagine if all 3 movies would be fan-favorites ;)

You kind of touch on it here, but sites like this aren't reliable in terms of judging a films reception with the audience. Each subsequent iron man was met with critical acclaim and a growing box office with each installment, but if you looked at just the reaction here you would've thought they cranked out divisive turds when that clearly is not the case.

used to be Cap:WS, but I just saw Guardians the other day and god damn was it good

4. Iron Man

5. The Avengers
6. Thor
7. Captain America: The First Avenger

8. Thor: The Dark World
9. Iron man 3
10. Iron Man 2

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back